The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, he was weird. I couldn't figure out if the hostility was real or an act.
By David
I couldn't work it out either

But if you watch the video on Facebook, Tarrant is laughing quite a bit, so I think it was all in good fun.
By TheBigMan
Well hello chrismoyles.net. Checked in for a long time but this is the first post.

Have to say I thought today was a fantastic piece of radio. Chris tarrant was the perfect foil for Moyles. Moyles is quite cutting in his interviews and guest features - all for good humour. Yes, tarrant was aggressive but all in the name of good humour. Most guests suck up to moyles or are somewhat ambivalent. Sucking up to moyles never leads to great humour unless chris can carry the interview, which the majority of the time he does. Having someone like tarrant on who can go back and forth with moyles makes for great radio.

On this basis I'd quite like to see him and Vaughan go at it. If it was good natured it would be outstanding. The odds of it happening are lower than rocking horse poo.
By MartinR
I assumed it was all light hearted banter seeing as though they both have history of having worked at capital at the same time
By slaphead1982
It made me laugh. I found it entertaining.
By Johnny 1989
Chris Tarrant is always like this though, if you don't see his face he can come across as a bit rude but if you see his face you can always tell he's taking the piss and it's good natured usually.
By foot-loose
I met Chris Tarrent when I was a sofa. I made a series of Millionaire jokes and have regretted it ever since.
By Frothy Bevvy
Agreed, you're well wide of the mark, OP. It's Tarrant's schtick to counter a fellow 'wit' with feigned sharpness/hostility. Anyone paying attention could tell it was all jovial.
By Topher
foot-loose wrote:I met Chris Tarrent when I was a sofa. I made a series of Millionaire jokes and have regretted it ever since.

I bet that was cringey...! Give us a taster of the jokes.
By Johnny 1989
Frothy Bevvy wrote:Agreed, you're well wide of the mark, OP. It's Tarrant's schtick to counter a fellow 'wit' with feigned sharpness/hostility. Anyone paying attention could tell it was all jovial.

Yeah from what I recall in his book Moyles mentioned he got on with Tarrant at Capital but he had a rather different sense of humour, I think the one he didn't get on well with was Dr. Fox (a name that never gets mentioned these days at present!)
By foot-loose
Topher wrote:
foot-loose wrote:I met Chris Tarrent when I was a sofa. I made a series of Millionaire jokes and have regretted it ever since.

I bet that was cringey...! Give us a taster of the jokes.

It was a long time ago but we were talking about something and I asked him a question, he replied, and I asked if that was his final answer. Honestly cringing thinking about it now.
By Topher
Haha, how did he react?
By neilt0
I also met Chris Tarrant and it took all my strength not to ask him "Is that your final answer?" "Do you want to phone a friend?"

But I managed to avoid it. GRIT!
By foot-loose
Topher wrote:Haha, how did he react?

I think he completely blanked it and kept talking as though I hadn't said anything. Meanwhile, I fell into a deep pit of despair and self loathing so the rest of the journey is a bit of a blur.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]