The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
The RadioX website appears to be down as can not access that and my work place block radio streaming through apps like Tune In and the mobile signal is awful in the office.
Good job I am recording it on my Virgin box back home as it is clear they are not going to be able to cope with demand.
Listened to the first hour at home and in the car and was liking what I heard.

Back to my iPod and the September 2005 show replays then....
trickytree wrote:Good job I am recording it on my Virgin box back home as it is clear they are not going to be able to cope with demand.

Please keep that recording for a while in case we can't source another HQ recording of today's show. Thx!
Johnny 1989 wrote:Glad to here the show is good but shame to hear streaming is buggered, hopefully someone here gets the full show or it can be made up of the patches of audio others have captured.

I think I'll have several hours of the HQ stream, so if they at least release a catchup of the whole show in lower quality, we should be able to glue together something.
Hopefully someone has a full HQ recording from a TV box or similar.
neilt0 wrote:Yeah, this is not good. I hope someone is recording the DAB or FM?

I had a quick look at streamwriter just before leaving for work and that's exactly what it looked like. Oh well, we'll review later.

I'm listening on fm here in Manc and having no issues actually listening, thankfully. Remains to be seen what happens when I get to the six floor steel tower in which I work.
itsajackal wrote:I'm about to drive to work, whats the consensus on sound quality? I'm in Manchester so have a choice between DAB and FM.

I am also in Manc (hi!) and listening on FM, sounds fine for the everyday listen. In fact my reception on the deck of my flat was better than the R1 signal I get. I listened on FM on my mp3 player en route too and it was fine, even during that tricky bit of the tram journey just after Deansgate-Castlefield.
Nicola_Red wrote:
itsajackal wrote:I'm about to drive to work, whats the consensus on sound quality? I'm in Manchester so have a choice between DAB and FM.

I am also in Manc (hi!) and listening on FM, sounds fine for the everyday listen. In fact my reception on the deck of my flat was better than the R1 signal I get. I listened on FM on my mp3 player en route too and it was fine, even during that tricky bit of the tram journey just after Deansgate-Castlefield.

FM it is, awesome, thanks!
Nicola_Red wrote:

Different transmitter. Radio 1 comes from Holme Moss on 98.9 or Saddleworth for north Manc 99.3. Radio X comes from the Sunley Building right in the centre of town
Dreamxtreme wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:

Different transmitter. Radio 1 comes from Holme Moss on 98.9 or Saddleworth for north Manc 99.3. Radio X comes from the Sunley Building right in the centre of town

That would explain it - I live right in the city centre so I'm probably much closer. It wasn't bad out here on salford quays where I work, but not as clear as at home.
Really good return to form from Chris, the mornings will be a lot better now. :D

I have recorded the entire show off of FM here in London and it'll be available to download shortly.

The FM reception is tolerable from Radio X as it's not the most powerful but it's better than DAB.
Nice one, thanks q and neilt0... i missed most of 1st half hour due to gawd awful DAB reception on the train.

I used to be able to record straight from freeview and could use that to clip for the site, hopefully if there's a big audience for Chris and the other shows, Global will consider looking towards a new FM and/or freeview broadcast.
nade wrote:hopefully if there's a big audience for Chris and the other shows, Global will consider looking towards a new FM and/or freeview broadcast.

I'm a little doubtful about FM there's no room for another national station so it would need them to get OFCOM approval for any local stations they buy up/choose to rebrand as Radio X and as we saw with XFM Scotland that's not always forthcoming. Fingers crossed though and a 3 year contract means they are giving Chris a decent run and OFCOM might soften. Freeview would be a good (and more likely) move as would going stereo on D1!
ianpwilliams wrote:OK so a quick browse of the two threads suggests that the show is great, but that there were server issues .

I did set stream recorder recording the show, hopefully it will have worked? If not then we should be able to download the show.

StreamWriter? Nah, it died for everyone, but we should have everything but 19 minutes from there and hopefully a fill from somewhere else.
I got the whole show clean version
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up