The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Neil - did you start streamwriter manually this morning or did you use the 'set scheduled recording' function? I had set that, but I feel like it hadn't worked, and I'm not sure til I can look at it this evening what it picked up if anything. I'm not sure if the errors are only down to the stream falling over or if I'd done something wrong. I must say so many people are using so many different methods to record the show that I'm not sure whether to stick with SW or try something else. I know people are posting their downloads, but I'd like to be recording it myself, to use for clips and just to have an unedited copy.
ianpwilliams wrote:OK, so can someone please provide a link for the best quality version of the full show so that I can edit it? I'll try downloading the show when I get home anyway, but I don't know if the quality will be as good.

Right now, that would be the 3 files I posted -- high quality except for the 19 minutes of potato audio.
Nicola_Red wrote:Neil - did you start streamwriter manually this morning or did you use the 'set scheduled recording' function? I had set that, but I feel like it hadn't worked, and I'm not sure til I can look at it this evening what it picked up if anything. I'm not sure if the errors are only down to the stream falling over or if I'd done something wrong. I must say so many people are using so many different methods to record the show that I'm not sure whether to stick with SW or try something else. I know people are posting their downloads, but I'd like to be recording it myself, to use for clips and just to have an unedited copy.

I did start it manually, but will be setting up a spare PC to automate at some point. I have tested the automation and it does work. Right click the Radio X station in the main window and you can set recordings up there -- make a test of a few minutes to see it in action.
Ta. I'll look at it this evening and try again tomorrow. I did do a test recording on saturday and it went fine, but not a scheduled one. It seems a nice simple program so I'd like to carry on using it if I can.
Nicola_Red wrote:Ta. I'll look at it this evening and try again tomorrow. I did do a test recording on saturday and it went fine, but not a scheduled one. It seems a nice simple program so I'd like to carry on using it if I can.

Yes, definitely test out the scheduled recording. It puts files in your Music folder by default, I think.
I just uploaded full show that got off listen again on the radio x website it is in the archive. I think quality is ok
matthaze wrote:Idiot moment... I can't find the link to the full show downloads in the new version. I don't see it in Sound Clips and not on the front page.

I'm sure it's somewhere easy but I'm a moron. (fan of the show and literal moron)

https://chrismoyles.net/phpBB3/viewtopi ... start=4200

don't think it is on the front page as still got songs (copyright)
q wrote:[url=http://dl1.isnd.co.uk/cm/ChrismoylesRadioxMon21stSept2015.mp3]Right click here to download[/url] - save it to your hard drive, don't stream. It's the entire show, adverts and all with a bit o' Vernon at the end. Enjoy! :)

Thanks Q, taken me an hour via dodgy Greek hotel wifi (no 4G in Kefalonia) but I finally downloaded it :)
There's probably a better place to ask this, but is anyone else having trouble with listening from the Radio X website? It keeps cutting out for a few seconds, every 30 seconds or so and it's rather annoying. I thought initially that it might have something to do with the number of people listening (like the crash was), but - no offence to Dan O'Connell - there's going to be a lot less people listening now than there were at 9am and it's still doing it.

Could be the connection at work isn't very good, but I've never had any issues listening live to other stations before.
it was playing up earlier but I tried it and seems be ok now
neilt0 wrote:
ianpwilliams wrote:OK, so can someone please provide a link for the best quality version of the full show so that I can edit it? I'll try downloading the show when I get home anyway, but I don't know if the quality will be as good.

Right now, that would be the 3 files I posted -- high quality except for the 19 minutes of potato audio.

I wonder if people might prefer a version that is the same quality all the way through (if slightly lower overall), than something that changes quality part way through?
bwfcol wrote:Tune In Pro keeps dropping out, annoying

Gutted... Tune In Pro timer didn't work for me as it did in the old days, luckily I woke up just in time to hit record at 1:45 (6:45 GMT) It recorded 25 minutes and cut off so I only got a brief taste. I expected to come in the office this morning and "Listen again" and I can't see the option on the RadioX site.
Rubbish!!!
Good to read everyone's comments however and hoping this all gets sorted by tomorrow. Thanks!
David wrote:Listen Again exists

If you click Listen on the radio X website
and then click the listen again tab - you can hear the whole show.

Sorry, I read the posts from where I left off on page 15 and just reached here. Thanks a lot David, much appreciated. Now to sort out the iPhone app timer issue...
Johnny 1989 wrote:
q wrote:[url=http://dl1.isnd.co.uk/cm/ChrismoylesRadioxMon21stSept2015.mp3]Right click here to download[/url] - save it to your hard drive, don't stream. It's the entire show, adverts and all with a bit o' Vernon at the end. Enjoy! :)

Thanks Q, taken me an hour via dodgy Greek hotel wifi (no 4G in Kefalonia) but I finally downloaded it :)

no probs glad to be of service :) been monitorng the server and you guys have certainly been keen!
For the purists out there I do have a wav so if anyone wants so they can make clips etc let me know, drop me a pm.
Ant wrote:Do we think the Listen Again feature on the Radio X website will always have terrible sound quality?

I hope not, it is horrible. Big thanks to Neil for putting up the high quality version on here was going to turn off the listen again version.
Hopefully it is just at a lower quality till they sort out how much bandwidth is needed (can live in hope).

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]