The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
MoylesFanatic wrote:Radio X website/app are down. Listening via DAB. Hope someone is recording it over dab or sky.

I wish I'd set something up to record it just in case, didn't expect them to have so many problems with streaming!
hdsport82 wrote:Fortunately working from home today so switched to Sky. Surprised that they can't cope but I guess that's a good sign.

The show itself has been pretty good and seems to back up the idea that Chris has free reign (or about as much as you can ever get at Global), lets just hope it continues...

At least Stephen Miron retweeted this so the bosses seem to be happy to continue 'the role' that Ben/Andy etc. had,

Please record your sky broadcast. Thanks!

I've given up on the streaming. Hopefully someone has a bloomin' recording!
bwfcol wrote:Thanks to Hola.org thing on Chrome, I've managed to get on to the website and am tuned in, hopefully for good

Wait, Global's geo-locked the stream? I'm not in the UK at the mo and I can tune in just fine.
jc wrote:
bwfcol wrote:Thanks to Hola.org thing on Chrome, I've managed to get on to the website and am tuned in, hopefully for good

Wait, Global's geo-locked the stream? I'm not in the UK at the mo and I can tune in just fine.

My guess is global have different servers for different countries. So only the UK servers got bogged down in traffic.
jc wrote:

It asked where I was in the UK, I'm not sure if it was the streaming thing or the UK thing, I don't want to touch anything now I've got streaming back!
Dreamxtreme wrote:
jc wrote:Wait, Global's geo-locked the stream? I'm not in the UK at the mo and I can tune in just fine.

My guess is global have different servers for different countries. So only the UK servers got bogged down in traffic.

Far as I know, all Global's stations are served up by the same relay.
Last edited by jc on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bwfcol wrote:
jc wrote:

It asked where I was in the UK, I'm not sure if it was the streaming thing or the UK thing, I don't want to touch anything now I've got streaming back!

The player on the website is locked to the UK only. you CAN stream it outside the UK on the TuneIn app and the official Radio X app without a problem.
bwfcol wrote:
jc wrote:Wait, Global's geo-locked the stream? I'm not in the UK at the mo and I can tune in just fine.

Oh, the old Xfm app had that too. It's just so they can pull up the correct stream (with local ads) for London ("RadioXLondon"), Manchester ("RadioXManchester") or the rest of the UK ("RadioXUK").
matthaze wrote:The player on the website is locked to the UK only. you CAN stream it outside the UK on the TuneIn app and the official Radio X app without a problem.

Ah, that explains it. I don't think I'll be visiting the web site much.
The stream itself isn't geoblocked but the UK radioplayer is - so you can't stream the popup player on the website outside of the UK but you can enter the stream URL into VLC or listen via TuneIn or even through the Radio X app itself.

EDIT: Snap matthaze
matthaze wrote:
bwfcol wrote:
jc wrote:

The player on the website is locked to the UK only. you CAN stream it outside the UK on the TuneIn app and the official Radio X app without a problem.

You can listen to it outside of the UK. I'm currently doing it (from Switzerland). They ask you for a postcode in the UK. Nothing more, that's easy to google :D
Frothy Bevvy wrote:The stream itself isn't geoblocked but the UK radioplayer is - so you can't stream the popup player on the website outside of the UK but you can enter the stream URL into VLC or listen via TuneIn or even through the Radio X app itself.

EDIT: Snap matthaze

You can, I'm doing it at the moment :D
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up