The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Jimmy_Lemon wrote:
Ant wrote:Do we think the Listen Again feature on the Radio X website will always have terrible sound quality?

I hope not, it is horrible. Big thanks to Neil for putting up the high quality version on here was going to turn off the listen again version.
Hopefully it is just at a lower quality till they sort out how much bandwidth is needed (can live in hope).

No problem. Hopefully, we'll have a complete one tomorrow, with no potato-section!
All those people who have recorded a full, high-quality version, do not be shy. Share!

ianpwilliams wrote:
neilt0 wrote:
ianpwilliams wrote:OK, so can someone please provide a link for the best quality version of the full show so that I can edit it? I'll try downloading the show when I get home anyway, but I don't know if the quality will be as good.

Right now, that would be the 3 files I posted -- high quality except for the 19 minutes of potato audio.

I wonder if people might prefer a version that is the same quality all the way through (if slightly lower overall), than something that changes quality part way through?

The potato part was only 9% of the total and some of that was music, so I'd say go HQ and part-tater.
David wrote:http://fs.geronimo.thisisglobal.com/audio/89c772776c2b4e90bc4d07ddac21ef63.mp3

Straight out of the Radio X listen again facility

Quality isnt GREAT - but it's complete.

Thanks! The stream * up so my recording is all over the place!

Edit: Ah, quality is a bit shit, gonna download Neil's links instead.
Last edited by JayE on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OK if anybody can make any use of it (If its still needed) I have the full show recorded off of satellite box. Dragged the file over to my pc. It will only play in VLC. Not got a clue how to convert it. In properties it says it's file type is "file" :?
Its perfect quality and 283mb. Can send to anyone if its any help

(Also any tips on how to convert would be a help. Dont mind having a go at the editing malarkey)
Jimmy_Lemon wrote:
Ant wrote:Do we think the Listen Again feature on the Radio X website will always have terrible sound quality?

I hope not, it is horrible. Big thanks to Neil for putting up the high quality version on here was going to turn off the listen again version.
Hopefully it is just at a lower quality till they sort out how much bandwidth is needed (can live in hope).

Vernon's show sounds terrible too, but then Dan O'Connell's show sounds pretty clear. Might have just been because of overloaded servers this morning.
I'll be recording tomorrow as well, in the absence of any good sounding streams.

The stream provided by Global's listen again is of dreadful quality -- after all aren't we meant to advancing quality wise, given that bandwidth is now more plentiful then when CM started on R1!? Or has the benchmark been set by DAB? :lol: </rant>

However I missed the show today does anyone know if it is possible to download it on the an iPhone

iPhones are strange when it comes to downloading stuff that's not from itunes or the podcast library.
You can certainly stream the audio from a link but as to saving it to the phone itself (say to listen again off-line), it's something that I can't comprehend, and yes, I do own an iphone!
I would love to listen to the show live today, but seeing that I can't access it through the RadioX app, tune in app or the website I'll have to give it a miss.
The only FM radio I have in the house is in the kitchen but I don't want to sit there for 3 hours.

I really hope Radio X sorts their servers out.
G-Sizzle wrote:I would love to listen to the show live today, but seeing that I can't access it through the RadioX app, tune in app or the website I'll have to give it a miss.
The only FM radio I have in the house is in the kitchen but I don't want to sit there for 3 hours.

I really hope Radio X sorts their servers out.

Weird, the app is working perfectly for me
Tal16 wrote:Hi I've been browsing these pages for a few days now in anticipation of the new show. However I missed the show today does anyone know if it is possible to download it on the an iPhone

Tal16 - try iOS podcast app Downcast. It's a great podcast app in its own right, but if you tap "More" then "Import Media Files" you can point the app to the url of the show on the CM archive wiki, and it will download the show and sit in the app as if it were a podcast.

Can anyone on here set up the uploads of the new show as an RSS feed similar to the Breakfast Show Replay?
That's odd, I've been fine with Tune In today pretty much, I fell 2 mins behind and it then jumped forward 2 mins a bit later but I'm good.

It is a lot better when I use the VPN based in the UK, I genuinely think it might just be coincidence.

Good show and hopefully some features come up, nice stuff messing around with other Global stations. I imagine some might not take it as well as Andrew Castle.

Mumford & Sons link and Barry Manilow were both brilliant, old school stuff
I'm in New York and set TuneIn Pro to record the show while I'm sleeping (it airs at 1:30am here) and this morning there was a "streaming error" and didn't record anything. This setup worked for the last few years of the old show. Hopefully Global fixes whatever streaming issues they have and I can grab the show this way again.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up