The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Start of the monday cheesy song, slowly morphing into something new, chris with the usual "gooooooooood morning", followed by 45 mins of introductions and welcomings. Thats what im calling for the start. :D

TBH. Im just glad hes back. For 3 years ive been having friends asking me for "news on moylesy", as they knew how big a fan i was. Glad there has finally been something concrete to tell them instead of all the rumours!! Alarm set, radio scanned, app downloaded..... Cant wait :D :D

(sad yes, do i care, no) :p
Just over 11 hours now. Feeling really apprehensive about whether this will be any good or not. I'm taking comfort in the fact that those Greg James cover shows were brilliant even without the team we all knew and loved, so all hope is not lost for now.
I didn't rate those Greg James shows tbh, it wouldn't be something I'd tune into daily or catch up with.

I'm also apprehensive for a number of reasons which are completely based on the success of the old show, who knows though, Chris and Dom could be the new Beryl(RIP) and Betty .

Small team & reduced/no zoo format - I'm not convinced about the size of the team, seems too small and not diverse enough. Worst case scenario; Pippa's behind the scenes, Doms off writing news which leaves just Chris and the new producer in the studio...no different from any other radio show then..!

No on-air female - If pippa's the shows exec she probably wont be on air, the old shows popularity/comedy owed a lot to its female presence.

New producer - Just because he's new (to me) and I don't know what the chemistry will be like.

These are just my petty worries pre launch. I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by doby on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanmclfc wrote:Ahhhh, not long.
I don't have work tomorrow and 6:29 alarm is set... I'm not missing any intro.
It's Moyles, it's going to be grand

6.29?! I'm on there from 6, just in case he jumps on early!

... Ok, it's because that's when I leave for work, but it will be on...
CarlPotter wrote:Rachel has set her Twitter account to private... That's new, right?

I expect she's fed up of people asking her if she's going to be on the new show.

She appears to have two, @ProducerRach is the public one and Aled tagged her private one in a tweet recently.
VMPhil wrote:
CarlPotter wrote:Rachel has set her Twitter account to private... That's new, right?

I expect she's fed up of people asking her if she's going to be on the new show.

She appears to have two, @ProducerRach is the public one and Aled tagged her private one in a tweet recently.

I'm so glad that Rachel isn't involved. I'm up to 2008 in the archive, and I can't wait to reach the point where Rachel was promoted and Aled took over as producer, because she was the most corporate person in the world, to the point of being really annoying. No wonder she got promoted!
VMPhil wrote:

Ahhh, good point. I was on Aled's page and clicked on that tweet you mentioned - didn't even think about it being a separate account.
Continuing on the Twitter theme, Radio X follows Dave Vitty. It's not reciprocated and I have no idea if XFM ever followed him, but it seems like a very, very loose opening for him to join the show at some point... I'm clutching at straws, but yeah.
Long time lover of the show/Long time lurker and user of archive/First time poster.

alarm set ready for tomorrow. not sure if its been mentioned already had a skim but couldnt see, there is a radio x app that lets you stream what is live. no use for the recorders on the forum but for casual listeners this is a good way to do it. cant wait for the cms to start again, the old show helped me through some s#*! mornings at work and i hope the new show lives up to my probably rather high expectations
CarlPotter wrote:Continuing on the Twitter theme, Radio X follows Dave Vitty. It's not reciprocated and I have no idea if XFM ever followed him, but it seems like a very, very loose opening for him to join the show at some point... I'm clutching at straws, but yeah.

They follow me too, no job offer yet :(

Excited! :D
JayE wrote:https://twitter.com/NoelGallagher/status/645658726460866560

Nice, I'm hoping he's on as good form/drunk as he was back in the interview from ~ July 2009...

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]