The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
steven7942 wrote:Wonder what new freedoms Moyles and team will have compared to when he was on the R1 Breakfast Show. I always thought that Chris was in his element after he announced he was quitting R1 and then had to stand in for the week on Greg James' weekday afternoon show. Are these shows available on this site? They would be a great listen before Monday's launch. I am kind of coming back after 3yrs or so too :) One thing is for sure, I am pretty sure he once said somewhere that he wasn't a fan of daily playlists (I always felt that's what made the Chris Evans Breakfast Show work well on R2). I am even excited to hear what the first track will be. Chumbawamba Tubthumpin??? :) Will he talk until 7am? Will he go for a ciggie at 710? I hope so :)

I thought Chris was in his element on those Greg James shows, too. Considering how tired the breakfast show sounded by that time, it was refreshing to hear him on the radio with such enthusiasm. :) (Hate to be that person, but Chris actually did those shows in March, and announced he was leaving the breakfast show in July). Here are the downloads for the two shows:

Monday, 19 March 2012
Tuesday, 20 March 2012

As for the first track he'll play, I don't think anyone can tell for certain, but Sandy Beech, who made the jingles for the Radio 1 show and is making them for the new show, posted this image of the opening sequence for the first show:

VirginMediaPhil wrote:
steven7942 wrote:Wonder what new freedoms Moyles and team will have compared to when he was on the R1 Breakfast Show. I always thought that Chris was in his element after he announced he was quitting R1 and then had to stand in for the week on Greg James' weekday afternoon show. Are these shows available on this site? They would be a great listen before Monday's launch. I am kind of coming back after 3yrs or so too :) One thing is for sure, I am pretty sure he once said somewhere that he wasn't a fan of daily playlists (I always felt that's what made the Chris Evans Breakfast Show work well on R2). I am even excited to hear what the first track will be. Chumbawamba Tubthumpin??? :) Will he talk until 7am? Will he go for a ciggie at 710? I hope so :)

I thought Chris was in his element on those Greg James shows, too. Considering how tired the breakfast show sounded by that time, it was refreshing to hear him on the radio with such enthusiasm. :) (Hate to be that person, but Chris actually did those shows in March, and announced he was leaving the breakfast show in July). Here are the downloads for the two shows:

Monday, 19 March 2012
Tuesday, 20 March 2012

As for the first track he'll play, I don't think anyone can tell for certain, but Sandy Beech, who made the jingles for the Radio 1 show and is making them for the new show, posted this image of the opening sequence for the first show:

So does indeed look like Chris has something similar to what they did at the start of the R1 breakfast show on 5th Jan 04.
Maybe it'll start with his old morning breakfast music, and then scratch into something new.
Depends on whether he has copyright on the original tunes, or whether the BBC did, although I believe being freelance, he kept most things as "his" rather than the breakfast shows' property.

I guess we'll soon see.

Can't wait to see the reaction when, after Chris finishes introducing all the team, Dave jumps in and says "Morning!". ;)

CM
The Deadly wrote:Fairly certain the BBC didn't have any rights to the jingles. Chris got PRS every time he played them from my recollection.

Yep as far as I know that's what happened, can't imagine the BBC ever agreeing to do anything like that again with any other show.
nade wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Fairly certain the BBC didn't have any rights to the jingles. Chris got PRS every time he played them from my recollection.

Yep as far as I know that's what happened, can't imagine the BBC ever agreeing to do anything like that again with any other show.

I can imagine (and hope) they'll be some continuation from the previous jingle material as Chris and Music4 have the rights ownership; maybe just a little more updated and in-line with the stations USP.

So bloody excited for Monday. I have no expectations Dave will be there, but it's the sort thing Chris would be playing with his audience and critics.
Hi chaps, long time no see, but have kept up with a few of you on Twitter (surprised I remembered my log in password at first attempt).

Hope I can get up for 0630; just retuned the DAB radio so Radio X is there with fair reception.

Would be great if Chris started with The Hello Song...i.e. a Part 2 of the Goodbye song.

Will probably shed a happy tear if I hear the Cheesy Song.
VirginMediaPhil wrote:

Monday, 19 March 2012
Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Thanks Phil! Do you know if he only stood in for Greg for 2 shows around that time? I thought he was there all week. I know Sara Cox also stood in many-a-time/probably still does. I just haven't listened to R1 since Moyles left.

I was thinking Maybe Jaguar Skills' efforts will also be used on the new show too. Time will tell -- I couldn't find anything on Twitter or Google though.
steven7942 wrote:Thanks Phil! Do you know if he only stood in for Greg for 2 shows around that time? I thought he was there all week. I know Sara Cox also stood in many-a-time/probably still does. I just haven't listened to R1 since Moyles left.

I was thinking Maybe Jaguar Skills' efforts will also be used on the new show too. Time will tell -- I couldn't find anything on Twitter or Google though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he only did it for those two shows. I think Grimmy did the rest of the week's shows?

Sara Cox has left Radio 1 now - she's been moved over to Radio 2 and doing 'Sounds of the 80s' :) Radio 1 changed quite dramatically after Chris left.

Yeah, that's what I figured.
I don't think the show would have been as good as it was if he hadn't had the freedom to do (virtually) what he wanted.

I wonder what the situation with guests is on commercial radio.
I never listen to commercial radio. Can't stand how rubbish the ads are.

I didn't like half the guests he used to have on, and Neither did Chris I think.
I wonder how many guests will be forced on him on this show.
The budget probably won't stretch to top names, so it could end up being quite funny, for the wrong reasons.
He'll be gutted he can't get Drew Barrymore and Halle Berry back on. :D

CM
I have a Sun account (forshame)...free through Sky Sports I should add and other than the Goals app never use it!
Not really much to read other than Noel Gallagher is to be the first studio guest and the team will be, Dom as newsreader, Pippa is exec producer and Dave (Masterman not Vitty) is producer.

https://twitter.com/d_masterman

ianpwilliams wrote:I really hope they have chemistry! Is that Pippa in the middle? No idea who's next to Chris.

See above. He was part of Jon Holmes team so a bit of continuity there.
hdsport82 wrote:I have a Sun account (forshame)...free through Sky Sports I should add and other than the Goals app never use it!
Not really much to read other than Noel Gallagher is to be the first studio guest and the team will be, Dom as newsreader, Pippa is exec producer and Dave (Masterman not Vitty) is producer.

https://twitter.com/d_masterman

ianpwilliams wrote:I really hope they have chemistry! Is that Pippa in the middle? No idea who's next to Chris.

See above. He was part of Jon Holmes team so a bit of continuity there.

So it seems they will have some decent guests then.
Nice.
Let's hope Noel is sober this time.

I have to echo the comment about chemistry.
It's important that guy's a good fit, and it's not easy to be comfortable on air, like Chris, Dom and Dave were (as Rachel proved ;) .

So that guy's name is Dave too, eh?
It's going to be strange hearing Chris call someone Dave, and hearing someone else's voice answering.

Btw, that studio, with all the glowing green, the chrome, and the big X looks like the inside of an XBox.
Perfect for Chris! :D
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up