The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Chris just posted this on Periscope, with him and Dom:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMhANjU2OTgx ... fKS69jyN4=

Still good together.
I think the show's going to be great fun. :)

CM
DevilsDuck wrote:yeah...but thats GILF covered...not Milf

DevilsDuck wrote:and tell you off for having a soggy bottom!?

The Deadly wrote:We'd both have soggy bottoms if I get my way.....

Just to confirm - Deadly wants a three way with Duck and Mary Berry..?
I hope that chris will start the show at 6:30 with the cheesy song. and just when they go into the international radio 1 bit on tge chorus a scratch cuts it off and xheis goes into a x factor style monologue and then goes into his new opening theme tune. although secretly I would love him to go into a new cheesy song with the bed.

its a shame in a way that dave isn't involved with the show. I would love the first link to just be a normal opening link. like nothing had happened and like they have never been away. not mentioning the last 3 years

off topic slightly. does the idents for radio x sound like the lady who who used too say international radio 1 going into the news.
VirginMediaPhil wrote:Interesting quote from the eRADIO newsletter:

We hear Chris is in charge of everything from 6.30-10 at Radio X, even down to the ad minutage and Facebook page. It's amazing what you can demand when you've been the longest serving presenter on the Radio 1 breakfast show.

https://madmimi.com/p/b8aca6?fe=1&pact=33113051806

Good. All the micro-managing from Beeb management was driving him batty.

Now, will Dom become the New Comedy Dom sidekick?
Turicum wrote:From the latest Facebook post it looks like Richard Oliver might be recording some jingles or songs for the show!

I'm so excited for their return. I'm just so very giddy it's difficult to explain my gf why I look forward to it so much.

You beat me to it! His quote when pushed about working on Chris' show:

Richard Oliver "Just to confirm, before I get into trouble - I didn't actually say that. But... Xxx"
neilt0 wrote:Good. All the micro-managing from Beeb management was driving him batty.

Now, will Dom become the New Comedy Dom sidekick?

But it did create some entertaining material. Is Chris getting his own way 100% of the time actually good for entertainment?

Dom's updated his bio on twitter as the newsreader on the radio x breakfast show, I'm not really sure if the newsreader can also be the sidekick. On the radio 1 show he was always off amending/writing bulletins leaving just Chris, Dave and the producer (whoever it was at the time) in the studio.

We hear Chris is in charge of everything from 6.30-10 at Radio X, even down to the ad minutage and Facebook page. It's amazing what you can demand when you've been the longest serving presenter on the Radio 1 breakfast show.

That is interesting and good to hear. I have mentioned during all the rumours that I wondered how involved he had been with the creation of Radio X as with Ricky and Vernon it is almost like he did the hiring or at least had some impact on it (Vaughan though is a surprise if that's the case).

I assume it is an Radio X production still and he's not done a complete Chris Evans when he was on Radio 1 and had is own production company make the show causing lots of conflicts with Trevor Dann (as discussed in the Blood on the Carpet doc).

It certainly seems that Chris is there to get bums on seats and Global are happy to let him do it his way which I guess is why he took the job in the first place.
I'm going to make a prediction - I think that on Monday one of the voices we will hear will be that of Dave.

I fully expect some form of good luck/welcome back kind of message, saying he's busy with his new company and that's why he's not back on the new show.

Get the elephant in the room out of the way without anybody coming across as an arse, before some guest or caller on whatever phone-in features the new show has asks the awkward question. There were enough people on Chris and Dom's Periscope asking about Dave the other day, but it's not quite so easy to ignore on the air.
I think Chris will talk about how the new show will evolve from the old one, including a Dave mention as well as mentioning the other old team members but I don't expect any of their voices on air. This will likely have to be repeated many times as I agree it probably won't go away easily.
I agree. All those getting excited about the revival of the old show and the cheesy song intro etc. are in for a disappointment come Monday. Even if it were appropriate to 'recreate' a 3 year old show, I don't think Chris will want to. The best that can be hoped for is the odd small back reference for those ITK or possibly a token revived feature.
foot-loose wrote:He can't not reference it... surely? Plus he's hardly one for shying away from his past successes.

You may well be right. This could be a very different Chris Moyles though. He's changed a lot since the old show ended.

I'm surprised about the ads - because if I were him and I had that power I would be pushing for no ads and I don't think they would allow that, there must be a minimum number of minutes for ads.