The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By d000hg
Hi, I just saw this thread for the first time but it's a bit long to trawl through - did the rumour end up being true? I haven't checked what CM has been doing for some months...
By neilt0
From today's PopBitch (they're rarely wrong):

>> Ex-FM << Dadrock goes large

So, we told you Chris Moyles was taking over the breakfast show on XFM. Turns out that's not quite right.

XFM is closing - completely - on 9/11. A week later, rising like a Dadrock phoenix from the indie ashes, Capital Rocks will be born. (Much higher up the A-Z DAB listing than XFM, to be fair.)

Chris Moyles, Vernon Kay... what a dream line up! We're just waiting to find out who's got the drivetime gig. Go on, have a guess who is in the frame? Well, it's between Richard Bacon and Johnny Vaughan. If Bacon does get the nod though, Vaughan is thought to be off to Talk Sport.
By hdsport82
neilt0 wrote:From today's PopBitch (they're rarely wrong):

>> Ex-FM << Dadrock goes large

So, we told you Chris Moyles was taking over the breakfast show on XFM. Turns out that's not quite right.

XFM is closing - completely - on 9/11. A week later, rising like a Dadrock phoenix from the indie ashes, Capital Rocks will be born. (Much higher up the A-Z DAB listing than XFM, to be fair.)

Chris Moyles, Vernon Kay... what a dream line up! We're just waiting to find out who's got the drivetime gig. Go on, have a guess who is in the frame? Well, it's between Richard Bacon and Johnny Vaughan. If Bacon does get the nod though, Vaughan is thought to be off to Talk Sport.

Interesting although Vaughan is already on talkSPORT unless they mean he's getting a bigger role...

http://talksport.com/johnny-vaughan
By Yudster
I'm finding it hard to picture Moyles and Johnny Vaughan on the same side somehow. If they do both end up working for the same station I do hope there is no mellowing of the hate.
By Topher
Bacon should get it anyway. He's started filling in for Simon Mayo and he is very good.
By David
Bacon used to do the XFM drivetime show around 2005 and quite frankly was the best radio show around at the time.

From Pop Bitch today:

We don't usually send extra stories out on Fridays, but it seems we only gave you half the story on XFM yesterday so it only seems fair - particularly to any XFM fans still reeling from the news. This is where we think things stand right now. The official announcement is likely to come in the next 10 days.

So - XFM isn't going to be called Capital Rocks after all. That idea was floated over the summer but eventually seems to have been dismissed. The people who run Global Radio (who run XFM) clearly aren't stupid.

But it's not going to be XFM.

Starting on 21st September, it's going to be Radio X.

(They registered the url this week.)

Before XFM fans get too sad. It could have been a lot worse.

One of the ideas floated (but thankfully dropped) was to give the station a "no females" policy, with "Man Size Music" suggested as the new slogan.

Radio X it is, then. With Chris Moyles at breakfast, followed by Vernon Kay. Jonny Vaughn gets the nod for drivetime. And Ricky "The Voice" Wilson is in for a weekend show.

Dan O'Connell, Phil Clifton and John Kennedy are thought to be staying on too. We're not sure about the rest of the line-up.
By hdsport82
Radio Today tweet...

When asked where they got it from they said 'We know a guy who knows a guy'. Perhaps it's lends more credibility to the story from the weekend that they have already filmed a TV advert for Chris? Assuming it's the genuine logo, Radio Today tend not to report many rumours so I'm now a bit more confident it's happening.
I hope Jon Holmes can move some of his newly released biography "A Portrait of an Idiot as a Young Man " in the next three weeks. When can we start taking bets on what song will lead off the new show? I'll put a fiver on Debussy.
By YWK
It seems pretty safe to say now this is actually happening. :D i loathe the sexist "bloke" vibe the station seems to be going for but happy to have Moyles back at breakfast.

Re: Aled returning. He was promoted earlier this yeah..to what position I don't know but Alice Levine always refers to him on air now as "big boss Aled". He's climbing the ladder at Radio 1, and presumably has his eyes on the top job, so I think it's highly unlikely he'd leave Radio 1 now for just a producer role. Dom seems highly probable...Dave is a mystery.
By smh827
hdsport82 wrote:Radio Today tweet...

When asked where they got it from they said 'We know a guy who knows a guy'. Perhaps it's lends more credibility to the story from the weekend that they have already filmed a TV advert for Chris? Assuming it's the genuine logo, Radio Today tend not to report many rumours so I'm now a bit more confident it's happening.

They got it from the Intellectual Property Office. Global have submitted an application to have it registered as a trade mark, it's currently being examined.

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003121226
By Topher
David wrote:One of the ideas floated (but thankfully dropped) was to give the station a "no females" policy, with "Man Size Music" suggested as the new slogan.

If that's true, that would have been monumentally stupid. I can't believe it would even have been suggested.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up