The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Looking at those pictures of him in that interview - it is amazing how much weight he has lost. Whatever he does on the new show, I'm guessing he won't be talking much about how fat he is and how much he has to go to the gym. Genuinely excited to hear exactly what the new show is going to be like. And Dom coming back is great! He was always my favorite on the old team. And the scattered spots with Pippa were always pretty funny, so that is a plus as well.
By nade
ianpwilliams wrote:Really glad Dom's back, he was always my favourite and the funniest, shame about Aled but that was wishful thinking. I wonder if it'll work without Dave, Chris saying in the I terview that he can't be replaced. This will be fascinating.
ianpwilliams wrote:I wonder if Mrs Prideaux will make an appearance...I'm guessing not!

Just a bit ago I went and checked everyone's twitter pages for any comments on the news. Aside from Aled's alarm clock tweet, there is nothing. I'd love it if she came on board, but it doesn't look like it so far. I would think Chris would have mentioned her as well in the interview she was. Who knows though.
By doby
Glad Dom is back :D

Its a shame about Aled, only today I listened to the show with the 'Aled and the three bears' bit, still as funny as the 2 or 3 previous times I've heard it.

In the article Chris says he's not going to replace Dave which I'm not too sure about, I'll really miss the Roy Walker stuff even though it had probably run its course by the end of the old show.

Would global give Chris a sports presenter in addition to Dom?, I feel there need to be a few more voices on air than the 3 confirmed.
Last edited by doby on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By doby
ianpwilliams wrote:I wonder if Mrs Prideaux will make an appearance...I'm guessing not!

I would doubt it since her and Major Tom have made a home for themselves up in Yorkshire now. She could still be in baby production mode too.
doby wrote:Glad Dom is back :D

Its a shame about Aled, only today I listened to the show with the 'Aled and the three bears' bit, still as funny as the 2 or 3 previous times I've heard it.

In the article Chris says he's not going to replace Dave which I'm not too sure about, I'll really miss the Roy Walker stuff even though it had probably run its course by the end of the old show.

Would global give Chris a sports presenter in addition to Dom?, I feel there need to be a few more voices on air then the 3 confirmed.

Yeah there will have to be more people involved, because I can't see Pippa being on air much so Chris and Dom wouldn't be enough. I bet there's another person lined up. Maybe there are ongoing negotiations with Dave and if not him then someone else. But three would be good.
By nade
Speaking of other people, any thoughts on whether he should or would do Rob DJ's quiz?

I've a feeling he will avoid doing any of the "old" features and want to start something totally new. All be it with a handful of previous Radio 1 folk.
By cxx666
can someone clarify something for me, what is the position of xfm /radio x in Scotland?

I don't know much at all about radio, in truth I stopped paying much attention to it after Chris and Vernon left Radio 1, but from a quick Google it seems that the xfm here might have been a different version to the rest of it, and that Global have given up that licence for some reason.

Hate to think I'm going to miss out on this spectacular return because I'm in the wrong place.
By nade
cxx666 wrote:can someone clarify something for me, what is the position of xfm /radio x in Scotland?

I don't know much at all about radio, in truth I stopped paying much attention to it after Chris and Vernon left Radio 1, but from a quick Google it seems that the xfm here might have been a different version to the rest of it, and that Global have given up that licence for some reason.

Hate to think I'm going to miss out on this spectacular return because I'm in the wrong place.
I think we'll have to wait a little too find out. The Sun article suggests they are taking over the XFM station and it'll be national. So I'm hopeful as another one in Scotland that will still get it on DAB.
By doby
cxx666 wrote:can someone clarify something for me, what is the position of xfm /radio x in Scotland?

If you go to the Digital Spy forums it has been discussed at length. I only skimmed through it all as I don't really understand radio stuff (plus it doesn't apply to me anyway) but that should give you an idea of what's happened/going to happen.
"....and newsreader Dominic Byrne will be back."
Woohoo!!! :D :D :D
Brilliant!

I agree that Dave may join the group at a later stage.
If it's his production company, he can always get someone to run it for him.
And as someone said earlier, it would probably happen out of the blue, with Dave suddenly saying "Morning" at the start of the show.

But for now, just listening to Chris and Dom having a laugh will be enough.
Now I'm really looking forward to it.

CM
By The Deadly
Just hope Chris has managed to get his way regarding the adverts. I can't imagined he'd tolerate them being as the very reason he became so popular was because he could go off on rants and have no sponsors or time constraints.
OoOOOOH hell yes. I saw the video earlier at work and I felt my face light up. And now I've read on here that Dom's back. Oh happy days. A podcast is definate (Well, I hope it is anyway). Edited (And un please) shows on here aswell. I could not be a happier bloke. It's about time Moyles came back to my ears on a daily basis with un-heard material.
By ollyh
So pleased Dom will be back! It's going to be amazing to hear them back live on the radio, it's gonna bring back so many great memories of waking up everyday and listening to him before school in the old days :D

It's a good interview as well, glad to hear him saying exactly what he thinks of the ridiculous and seemingly obsessive Radio 1 policies about getting the audience age down, I remember reading a while back Ben Cooper saying how he was delighted to have lost older listeners :roll:

2 weeks to go, I know it won't be the same as the old show, I'm pretty sure nothing will ever beat the old show for me, but even if it's half as good as the old show, I'll be happy. Now back to the old show archives to get excited :D
I'm surprised at how excited I am by this. I'm a bit worried about it, though, as maybe he won't be as good as he used to be.

It's like when your favourite band splits up, then reforms but with only a few of the original members, and it turns out that they shouldn't have bothered getting back together (for example, The Happy Mondays' first reunion in 1999).

Does anyone know if there will be an app where I can listen to it on my phone? I will probably be travelling home from work at 6:30 on September 21st, so I might miss the start of it. I have the TuneIn radio app, but it doesn't seem to work properly for me.

As some people have already said, Chris doesn't really like to dig up past features or things to do with past shows, so I think we can expect some new and original ideas.

I might go and update the Wiki with this new information. :D
By hdsport82
ollyh wrote:It's a good interview as well, glad to hear him saying exactly what he thinks of the ridiculous and seemingly obsessive Radio 1 policies about getting the audience age down, I remember reading a while back Ben Cooper saying how he was delighted to have lost older listeners :roll:

It is a silly policy but that's what the BBC Trust want so Ben had to do something and Radio 1 is always being threatened with privatisation as it was in the Matthew Bannister days when he culled all the 'dinosaurs' in the early 90s. So they have to appear to be doing something.

swaddon1903 wrote:Does anyone know if there will be an app where I can listen to it on my phone? I will probably be travelling home from work at 6:30 on September 21st, so I might miss the start of it. I have the TuneIn radio app, but it doesn't seem to work properly for me.

Global have their own apps I think or you can use Radioplayer which is an industry-wide app/web player which has all UK stations,

http://www.radioplayer.co.uk/products/r ... and-tablet