The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By stuartdgray
Popbitch (the weekly celebrity news newsletter) has this as its top story this week:

If you think Global Radio signing up Katie Hopkins for talk-station LBC is an insane move, do keep an eye out for the new XFM Breakfast Show presenter coming in September.

Rumour is it's a done deal...

...for Chris Moyles.

Popbitch do have a history of being right about this kind of thing. But I'm really not sure about this. Chris has made it quite clear in the past that he has no plans to return to radio so this would be a bit out of the blue.

In unrelated news, Dom started working as a newsreader for LBC this week...
There was no love lost between CM and XFM (or vice versa); I believe he was once voted their listeners most hated "celebrity" and he has slagged them off in the past. Would be very surprised if this came to fruition.
By fish heads
Heard from a friend of a friend who works in radio that although this isn't a 100% done deal yet, this is VERY likely to happen.

(I'll now go back to lurking for another 2 years)
By hdsport82
It does seem highly unlikely that Chris would be viewed as the right fit for XFM just seems so at odds with that station and the stuff about Dom working for LBC seems tenous about best.

Now I hope I'm proved wrong but it would certainly be viewed as a step down (or even an admission of failure by some hacks) considering he apparently had 'the John Peel slot' on the table when he finished on breakfast. Much is made of his history with Ashley Tabor so let's see what happens.
By Yudster
hdsport82 wrote:......... he apparently had 'the John Peel slot' on the table when he finished on breakfast.

Who said that?
By hdsport82
Yudster wrote:
hdsport82 wrote:......... he apparently had 'the John Peel slot' on the table when he finished on breakfast.

Who said that?

I know it was never confirmed but remember Ben on the Media Show when the initial annoucement was made and said

"I've got an idea of a new role for him on the station. Maybe we'll surprise people again"

Most people seem to think at the time that the the surprise was getting the 10pm slot and that would certainly fit the idea of a surprise than say doing what say Sara Cox did in simply moving to another daytime slot.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 22714.html

Of course we probably wont' know for sure unless one of them decides to write a book but I'd say his radio options were probably 'better' in 2012 than XFM including staying at R1.
By neilt0
ianpwilliams wrote:Might have to get the editing software out again if it happens...although it might be tricky to download full XFM shows. It was certainly getting harder through iPlayerdownloader and GetiPlayer once the BBC started cracking down on them.

Try FRD. It's updated regularly when the Beeb change shiz. http://wordrider.net/freerapid/

As for XFM, if they keep posting entire shows as audiobooms, it's trivial to rip the source MP3. I figured it out in about 4 seconds.
e.g. http://www.xfm.co.uk/radio/russell-bran ... t-episode/
By G-Sizzle
bmstinton93 wrote:Not hugely relevant to this thread, but reports coming out today say that Grimmy is due to replace Louis Walsh on the X Factor judging panel.

That'll be a bit of a kick in the bollocks for Moyles, he was pretty vocal about wanting to be a judge on X Factor back when the rumours of him and Noel Gallagher becoming judges were doing the rounds.
By David
Pop Bitch still suggesting Moyles for breakfast on XFM, followed by Vernon Kay.

Matt Deegan tweets a rumour that Richard Bacon for drive time on the 'new' XFM

That would be a hell of a lineup if at all true.
By neilt0
David wrote:Pop Bitch still suggesting Moyles for breakfast on XFM, followed by Vernon Kay.

Matt Deegan tweets a rumour that Richard Bacon for drive time on the 'new' XFM

That would be a hell of a lineup if at all true.

HELLO, BIG MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Last edited by neilt0 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fish heads
Spoke to the same friend of a friend recently. Apparently still on. Will be on national digital radio - Global (who own XFM) are apparently in the process of removing Planet Rock nationally on DAB which would then host "XFM London" around the country so a lot of people could still listen to Moyles.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]