The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Is there a thread (other than sifting through the massive "what next" one) detailing a timeline or summary of what Chris (and any of the rest) have done since leaving, rather than speculating what they might do next?
There isn't. But it's pretty simple for most of them:
Chris - live tour, JC Superstar, tax evasion
Dave - a couple stand-in stints on Three Counties Radio, works for Cancer Research
Tina - stayed on the R1 Breakfast Show, also still on BBC Three and occasional stints on the Asian Network
Dom - still does his voice training, and I can't recall which radio station he does the news for now...
Aled - still on the surgery and producing a variety of R1 events

Pippa and Freya I can't remember, to be fair.
Ha! Well, a statement doesn't actually have to be untrue to be libel - all it has to do is damage someone's reputation or harm their business dealings. So, in theory, mentioning Chris' tax issues could still be potentially libellous. However, where there is evidence that the statement in question is true, "truth" is a pretty solid defence. So in this case, the court rulings that were made public are firm evidence that it is indeed true. On those grounds, a case would be unlikely to succeed.
www.somesiteifound.com wrote:Tax avoidance is legally exploiting the tax system to reduce current or future tax liabilities by means not intended by parliament. It often involves artificial transactions that are contrived to produce a tax advantage.

Tax evasion is to escape paying taxes illegally. This is usually when a person misrepresents or conceals the true state of their affairs to tax authorities.

Saying that someone guilty of Tax avoidance is guilty of Tax evasion is essentially calling them a criminal when they're not.

Chris is guilty of Tax avoidance, not evasion - meaning saying he evaded tax is an untruth.
Oof. You're right in that case. I know very little about these things. However, if I edit this whole conversation will cease to make sense, so I better just leave it and hope Chris isn't on the internet looking for people to sue...
Actually, I should have picked up on that. Yeah, tax avoidance is the one you want.
chrysostom wrote:
www.somesiteifound.com wrote:Tax avoidance is legally exploiting the tax system to reduce current or future tax liabilities by means not intended by parliament. It often involves artificial transactions that are contrived to produce a tax advantage.

Tax evasion is to escape paying taxes illegally. This is usually when a person misrepresents or conceals the true state of their affairs to tax authorities.

Saying that someone guilty of Tax avoidance is guilty of Tax evasion is essentially calling them a criminal when they're not.

Chris is guilty of Tax avoidance, not evasion - meaning saying he evaded tax is an untruth.

I'm now going to have to watch that episode of Alan Partridge when the tax inspectors visit him.
Nicola_Red wrote:Dom - still does his voice training, and I can't recall which radio station he does the news for now...

Capital Radio Breakfast Show (Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon are the presenters). It's nice hearing his voice but he's purely the news broadcaster, not a part of the the breakfast team.
You can't be guilty of tax avoidance since it's not a crime :)

You also don't have to repay the tax but HMRC are trying very hard to make people believe avoidance IS evasion.

Anyway I only just saw all these replies, thanks for the information.
According to Digital Spy Chris Moyles said at Glastonbury that he retired from showbusiness. So no more Radio, no more TV, no more anything that we could enjoy. That's it, folks.

Well, at least he is having fun.

Chris Moyles has claimed that he has retired from the public eye for good.
The ex-Radio 1 DJ told The Mirror that he has no plans to return to the world of showbusiness in the near future.

"I'm retired now," he said at this weekend's Glastonbury Festival. "I haven't got any plans and I'm just having a lot of fun.
"I honestly don't know what I want to do. I've done a lot of time on radio and I've put myself out there. So, yes, I'm retired."
Moyles also revealed that his new healthy lifestyle has encouraged him to further explore the dating scene.

He said: "I'm working out loads. Losing the weight was easy. I just had a healthy lifestyle - no diets for me.
"I'm single and I'm punching well above my weight these days. I want to date Cara thingymajig [Delevingne]."
Singer Mel C, who worked with Moyles on Jesus Christ Superstar, denied that the pair had ever been a couple.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... PRrm9T8aNv
I guess that's good, after all if it were true it would pretty much sound the death knell for this forum, except as an archive. It's a great archive, but still.
Nicola_Red wrote:I guess that's good, after all if it were true it would pretty much sound the death knell for this forum, except as an archive. It's a great archive, but still.

That was my thought exactly. I'll take him at his word that he still has plans to do something in the future, but I think he really should get off his rear end and follow through with that claim sooner rather than later.

Speaking of the archive I just started the 2006 shows. Not sure about Beep Beep Buster. And I miss Yesterday's Weather.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up