The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Fathomer
Anyone else think its increasingly likely the next time we will hear Chris Moyles on the radio will be as part of Radio 1's 50th anniversary in September 2017?

I hope they will bring back the show like they did Zoe Ball/Sara Cox breakfast show in 2007.

Come back onto the radio Chris. :(
I don't think it's a matter of people on here not liking Chris, It's probbably a case of taking an (Educated?) guess that he will not return to a station that made him jump (By pushing him).
By ritchie
Fathomer wrote:I'm getting the vibe that this board doesn't actually like Chris anymore. Which is bad for him.

I think there is an element of truth here - just like sports fans, we can become fickle... He has done nothing except go down in my estimation for a while now. I will openly say that this is based on nothing other than what has 'been reported' - but we have nothing else to go on... so...

It's just gonna be a while/if ever until we will find out how fickle/faithful we were.
By dimtimjim
Fathomer wrote:I'm getting the vibe that this board doesn't actually like Chris anymore. Which is bad for him.

Really? You post a speculative thread about Chris, to which we all post our replies based on our own opinion, and what you take from that is we no longer like Chris?!!

I think that says that we think otherwise.

No point crying just 'cos no-one offered to suck you off in admiration of your speculation.

ritchie wrote:I think there is an element of truth here

no. Just no one agreeing with someones baseless musings.
By Fathomer
dimtimjim wrote:

Really? You post a speculative thread about Chris, to which we all post our replies based on our own opinion, and what you take from that is we no longer like Chris?!!

I think that says that we think otherwise.

No point crying just 'cos no-one offered to suck you off in admiration of your speculation.

ritchie wrote:I think there is an element of truth here

no. Just no one agreeing with someones baseless musings.

Haha crying?! What's your problem? Just gunning for an argument I assume?
By dimtimjim
Fathomer wrote:Haha crying?! What's your problem? Just gunning for an argument I assume?

Yes, crying. You. Not at all, just annoyed at your assumption that just because no one agreed with you we all dislike Chris. The two things are quite unrelated.

Act a pleb, get called a pleb.
Given the overhaul R1's gone through, I think it's very safe to say that they don't want him back - and he wouldn't fit in at all. Even though the decision wasn't pleasant, Radio 1 could never be youthful with Chris at the helm.
Seeing as he's a free agent after his contract ran out, it's no surprise that he's not coming back.

BBC Radio 1 is for the kids and students (as it should be), and they don't need a 40 year old DJ.
By JayE
I'd love to hear Chris on another station though, but I'm pretty certain there's about as much of a chance of that happening then there is of Chris getting back on Radio 1.

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]