The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By JayE
Just trying to generate some chat around Chris Moyles and the show just because we don't really do that anymore on here, except for when we're talking about the old shows. So anyway what was your favourite Moyles Parody and why?
Go....
By slaphead1982
I'd say it's "I predict a diet". "Track 5 and a bit" off the last album is a good little ditty though.
By Nicola_Red
No Hair, no contest. I also like Davina McCall and Lunch In This Pub.
By Yudster
My favourite is a Comedy Dave one actually, Lamb Bhuna.
By dimtimjim
Usually, the ones Dom sang; Jose and Baldy both ace. But then also really liked Lorrydriver, Dance with me and Boy does plenty. I hated the Barack Obama song...
By Nicola_Red
dimtimjim wrote:I hated the Barack Obama song...

I love the original version they used to sing on the show with the Vitamin String Quartet version of LSF, but I didn't like the version on the Parody Album. I could sing it all the way through easily, like Chris - it always baffled me that the rest of the team couldn't.
By dimtimjim
Yeah, was just the simple fact it went nowhere... clever, but quickly tiresome.
By Evs
Stanta

but two that were piloted on air but never made it to full parody had be in stitches: The Way You Milk Me Phil and Set Fire To Lorraine.
By swaddon1903
Does anyone have a full list of parodies played on the show, or know if the Sound Clips page has every single one listed? I think it would make a good page on the Wiki.
By bmstinton93
I was thinking just this the other day. I have a huge amount of them and I think I have every one from the sound vault, although it still may not be a complete collection.
By chrysostom
Addicted to Plaice was probably the first one ever heard, in terms of the best...I'd go with Lamb Bhuna too (although No Hair was brilliant)
By Nicola_Red
bmstinton93 wrote:I think I have every one from the sound vault, although it still may not be a complete collection.

I reckon we may be missing some from the early days. Like during the marathon show they played the Chas & Dave Wannabe, we didn't have that previously. There could be loads more from that period.
By bwfcol
No Hair is great as is Don't Call Me Baldy & Jose (the original, not the album one)

My Lamb Bhuna is amazing too

The off the cuff ones are often best like The Way You Make Me Phil
By Johnny 1989
I still like The Ballad Of Tescos from their Early Bit days, even though several of the supermarkets mentioned have since gone. Also liked Lorry Driver, the Alesha Dixon one and No Hair
By myloxyloto
Not a direct song parody, but a parody of formulaic football songs... the Chris Moyles World Cup Song came up on my random shuffle recently! Deserves an airing for this year's tournament, sure it will beat any of the official offerings.
By Dave?
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Wasn't there a version of "would you go to bed with me" that Dave sang years ago?
By steve leady
The best parody ever was Lamb Bhuna featuring Dave on vocals, Dom on guitar and Mark Ronson on percussion ... Unfortunately, Chris wasn't on it!

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]