The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Travis Bickle
G-Sizzle wrote:Mills has actually got better with age. The introduction of Stark was a master stroke. The chemistry these 2 have is Gold.
Mills also stays relevant (tinder etc) something Moyles struggled with in his last year or so on air.

However I don't think Mills would work on Breakfast. He suits the after lunch in-office crowd perfectly, switching him and Greg James was also a work of genius IMO.

I'm not quite so enthusiastic about all of your points, but I agree with you generally. His afternoon show is way better than when he was on drivetime.
By bmstinton93
G-Sizzle wrote:Mills has actually got better with age. The introduction of Stark was a master stroke. The chemistry these 2 have is Gold.
Mills also stays relevant (tinder etc) something Moyles struggled with in his last year or so on air.

However I don't think Mills would work on Breakfast. He suits the after lunch in-office crowd perfectly, switching him and Greg James was also a work of genius IMO.

I completely agree. He is hugely relevant right now. Tinder is massive and for him to jump on that and have fun with it is a stroke of genius. Chris Stark brings a lot to the show, and it would be seriously lacking without him now, and yes I don't think he would work on breakfast either.
By Topher
Travis Bickle wrote:

I'm not quite so enthusiastic about all of your points, but I agree with you generally. His afternoon show is way better than when he was on drivetime.

That may be true, but he would have to get a hell of a lot better (I'm not saying he hasn't, because I haven't heard - I'm just saying I find it unlikely) to be at the level he was at when he did Early Breakfast.
By BBQ
Stark fascinates me. I don't think he does "bits." I think he is truly naive. He recently said he thinks CeeLo Green is actually Bruno Mars in a fat suit. He also thought the dog Pudsey was a person in a dog costume. Then there is his "friend" Fernando who speaks about his women problems. I think he actually believes people don't know he is talking about himself.

He is good entertainment and very cringeworthy at times.
By chrysostom
I don't think that's true - it's an act which both sides know is going on. CeeLo (which he did say 'Are we sure he isn't Bruno Mars' as a quip) & Pudsey style 'theories' often lead to listeners texting similar items in, which eventually fills 20-30 minutes.

Fernando is intentionally poorly executed by Mills exposing him (see: the time where Chris was talking about someone and then they phoned in & Scott put them on air). Then again this isn't a Chris Stark forum. Yet.
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote: Then again this isn't a Chris Stark forum. Yet.

Blasphemer!!!

:wink:
By Topher
BBQ wrote:He also thought the dog Pudsey was a person in a dog costume.

Pudsey the person in a bear costume?
By Nicola_Red
Or Pudsey the dog who dances with Ashleigh?
By Topher
Ashleigh who?
By Nicola_Red
I guessed it must be the dog. I dunno Ashleigh's surname, I don't think she uses one professionally, they're just Ashleigh and Pudsey.

ETA: according to wiki her surname is Butler.
By Topher
I don't know who they are.
By chrysostom
Isn't it awful when Google crashes? ;)

They're the dancing dog/woman combo which won Britain's Got Talent one year...they were mentioned on the CMS a lot while they mocked BGT.
By Topher
Ha - I wasn't fussed enough to be bothered to Google - I couldn't think of anyone else other than Pudsey the Children in Need bear originally, but now you mention it I vaguely remember them talking about a Britain's Got Talent dog or something.
By Nicola_Red
If you didn't see them dancing to Gangnam Style at the 2012 NTAs, youtube it. You're in for a treat.
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote:If you didn't see them dancing to Gangnam Style at the 2012 NTAs, youtube it. You're in for a treat.

Liar. :D
By Latina
I absolutely loved the shows Scott and Chris did in the mornings during the Christmas period (including Christmas Day). Such great radio, and it definitely took the edge off staying with my parents at their farm house in the middle of nowhere. Shame those shows were missed out from the podcast.

Thank goodness for Greg James being abroad that Christmas. I'm sure it'll never happen again. :(
By fatboydave73
Apparently Grimshaw has been given a contract extension until 2019; which if he stays where he is, would give him 7 years in the breakfast slot; perilously close to the record CM has set......
By dimtimjim
Yeah, I doubt he'll still be in breakfast in 5 years. We'll see, but I doubt it.
By fatboydave73
Digital spy are reporting it as a contract to host the Breakfast Show; but I can't believe that Radio 1 would ever leave themselves open to a contract dispute, and would presume it is a contract to be a presenter on the station.

No official word from the BBC as yet.
By JayE
I listened to R1 this morning and it wasn't as unbearable as when I last listened which was about a year ago now. The chat between Nick and his team is quite entertaining at times. I shall give it till the end of this week to continue to impress me.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up