The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Yudster
Fair dos - I wasn't going to lose any sleep about it!
By a-moron
Bugger.

Missed a * off.

Gotta back Nic up on this one.
He was being a proper *.

Totally unnecessary behaviour, he couldn't post for shit, gets asked politely to AGAIN change his posting habits and even then he couldn't spell the words * or twat.

'Good riddance' as Travis once said.

Cnut.
By Latina
JayE wrote:
neilt0 wrote:Image

:D Ha!

According to my dad (who's a numismatist), there are coins from Cnut's reign that actually do have the 'n' and 'u' the wrong way round, as misspellings were quite common at that time. Poor bloke.
Most of what she says isn't relevant and is just typical anti-Moyles. The 'gays' stuff was a different Moyles to the one who finished the show last year. Strangely enough,the era when he frequently used to reference gay people was when the show was at its peak in my opinion.

The music that Grimshaw plays is largely of no credit to him, it is just the stuff that is played on the other daytime shows and always has been (the excellent nickstape excluded, which he does deserve credit for if he has a say in it). It was a Radio 1 policy to keep the breakfast show music at the more commercial end of the scale. When they got rid of Moyles that changed.

Chris wasn't particularly abrasive at the end of his stint either. He was at the start, but what has that got to do with anything? Nothing. You cant criticise someone for what they were like years ago when the decision to get rid of them was largely based on what they were like recently.

Grimshaw binning the Rhianna album was probably a publicity stunt(I didn't hear it), but if he had cancelled a guest for being late, which Moyles did, she would have praised him for that but would have slated Moyles for it.

And it wasn't Grimshaw who refused to play 'Candy'. It was Radio 1 policy not to have it on the playlist. If it was on there, Grimshaw wouldn't have had any choice but to play it.

No, Moyles didn't have Attenborough on his show, but he did have John Cleese and Stephen Fry, who, if had on by Grimshaw, I'm sure she would have used as evidence that the current show is superior.

Chris' show had had its day and it was time to move on, but her justifications for it and support of Grimshaw are largely incorrect.
By Latina
Mark Wahlberg was on the show this morning and Nick introduced him to Tina. No mention was made of their previous meeting, and Mark didn't seem to remember her.

...Although I imagine Tina was probably more relieved than annoyed by the situation.
Latina wrote:Mark Wahlberg was on the show this morning and Nick introduced him to Tina. No mention was made of their previous meeting, and Mark didn't seem to remember her.

...Although I imagine Tina was probably more relieved than annoyed by the situation.

Maybe Tina should have reprized her rap that she performed for him back during their earlier interview. It may have jogged his memory. I can't believe she wouldn't have wanted to remind him of that!
By Yudster
Would it be worse than the presenter of the show you now work on seeming to have no idea what you did before you worked on his show?
By Latina
Good point.

Actually that thought did occur to me too, and I really hoped it was because Nick missed that particular show (he did work nights after all), as opposed to helping erase the recent past.

It's annoying that Tina (and Matt) haven't been able to pass on any legacy of TCMS whatsoever.
By Yudster
I wasn't suggesting that Nick should necessarily have been personally aware of what Tina did when she was on the Moyles show, but you would assume a level of research had been carried out which would have highlighted it - especially considering who his producer is. Perhaps Fincham is still just as crap as he always was.
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote: Perhaps Fincham is still just as crap as he always was.

Oi, you leave 'fingers' alone - top guy.
Yudster wrote:I wasn't suggesting that Nick should necessarily have been personally aware of what Tina did when she was on the Moyles show, but you would assume a level of research had been carried out which would have highlighted it - especially considering who his producer is. Perhaps Fincham is still just as crap as he always was.

He remembered that they'd done the Tina Awards on the Moyles show when Tina herself had forgotten it, though. I had to tweet her to alert her to my clip of it in the vault.
By Latina
Does anyone know if/where there is a Nickstape tracklist online? I mean an archive, not just the most recent show.

I'm in the middle of curating playlists for my birthday party and need inspiration...
Anyone hear Grimshaw this morning? I only heard a bit but he had Holly Willoughby, Keith Lemon and Kelly Brooks on. Holly had to leave at about 7:45 due to This Morning and Nick challenged her to get a word into the opening link of the show (it was hamburger and she did it).

And on a (kinda) related note, Tina Daheley covered for Nihal on BBC Asian Network this morning doing the 10am - 1pm show.

Tuesday show is up