The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Deadly wrote:
Yudster wrote:I completely agree, but I don't think for a minute that is all he has done/is doing.

I'm guessing Chris has been very clever with his money. There's a fair chance he'd never have to work again if he chose to.

Tax avoidance. *cough cough*
By Wykey
chrysostom wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:he's already copied Chris by getting Greg James to take his top off

To be fair, Greg gets naked at any opportunity.

I was listening to radio 5 yesterday, and they did a cohabitation bit with radio 1 - Grimshaw was telling them how they all got naked, and they were naked, and they got naked, and something about his crotch, and they got naked like lulz.

I'm not sure what the dictionary term of "getting naked" is, but I'm fairly sure it's not just taking your top off.
By Wykey
bmstinton93 wrote:
Deadly wrote:
Yudster wrote:I completely agree, but I don't think for a minute that is all he has done/is doing.

I'm guessing Chris has been very clever with his money. There's a fair chance he'd never have to work again if he chose to.

Tax avoidance. *cough cough*

Or wealth investment schemes if you don't want to be weird about it.
By Yudster
I'm going to work by car this week so I am getting to hear a little bit more of Grimshaw between 6:30 and 7:30. He, Fincham, Tina and (I think) Fiona are definitely chatting more and it is actually ok. Grimshaw has a self-deprecating style that is quite endearing, and Tina seems to be enjoying herself again.

Grimshaw was apologising to Tina and Fincham this morning about being 1 minute late for the 7:00 news, it was an entertaining little chat and during it Grimshaw actually said that he quite liked the idea of being late for the news becase it meant he had "been talking more" which in turn meant he was "doing his job better".

Its not groundbreaking radio but its relatively entertaining.
By Yudster
I'm not sure I would listen to it proactively. But as background for when I am getting dressed and hunting for socks, its ok.
By a-moron
JayE wrote:Nick Grimshaw really is a pathetic DJ and terrible excuse for a presenter and his voice is really, really irritating. He is not entertaining.

I thought Nick done a decent job on his old time slot, so to state he is a pathetic DJ and a terrible excuse of a presenter is you talking a bit on the bollocks side.

Also JayE. Your avatar. It's Fowlers gonnae change it please.
It's got me confused.
By JayE
Maybe that was a bit of an extreme thing for me to say, but I admit I liked Nick on the late night show, but if I'm being honest that's where he belongs, he is totally awful on flagship show of radio 1 and I don't think he suits the show.

As for my avatar, what do you mean?
By a-moron
See if you click on the name linked in my last post, it should hopefully clear up what I was getting at.

And don't worry. It's not a picture of Kim Kardashian * a goat or summit.

Promise.
By JayE
chrysostom wrote:He is a perfect embodiment of Radio 1's new brand values (and by extension, a significant proportion of today's popular teen culture). See this article for a well defined list of what I mean.

Surely that makes him right for the flagship show?

Well considering that I'm pretty much the target age that radio 1 want listening they should be getting a presenter that I like and that I would want to listen to, sadly Nick isn't the kind of presenter that I want to listen to but it's not always been that way, I used to love him on his late night show, but ever since he started on breakfast he's changed and there is something about him I just don't enjoy listening to anymore but I guess that's just my opinion.
Deadly wrote:If you are entertained by Nick Grimshaw then it really says something about your level of intelligence.

I don't mind what you glean from it, really. I'm confident enough (and probably old enough) to not particularly care how people think my radio listening habits reflect on my level of intelligence.
I have heard every Chris Moyles Show and now I listen to Nick Grimshaw. Nick isn't as good as Chris but he isn't as bad as people are saying. After Chris Moyles finished on Radio 1 they were never going to be able to get anyone else that could do the breakfast show as good as he did it but Nick Grimshaw is ok though. I also listen to it to hear the current songs and news. It's still good to hear Matt Fincham and Tina on the radio. Chris was taken off the breakfast show too early and it was always going to be tough for anyone to follow Chris on the breakfast show but Nick is ok on it.
Last edited by Comedy John on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yudster
Comedy John is the Voice of Reason.
Yudster wrote:I'm going to work by car this week so I am getting to hear a little bit more of Grimshaw between 6:30 and 7:30. He, Fincham, Tina and (I think) Fiona are definitely chatting more and it is actually ok. Grimshaw has a self-deprecating style that is quite endearing, and Tina seems to be enjoying herself again.

Grimshaw was apologising to Tina and Fincham this morning about being 1 minute late for the 7:00 news, it was an entertaining little chat and during it Grimshaw actually said that he quite liked the idea of being late for the news becase it meant he had "been talking more" which in turn meant he was "doing his job better".

Its not groundbreaking radio but its relatively entertaining.

I really agree with you here. I think Nick Grimshaw's finest radio is the first hour. He is good at just chatting, especially to the other team members. I think you sum it up well by saying its self-deprecating! Sure, people can disagree, or say I 'lack intelligence', but its a personal opinion.
I've heard a bit more of Grimshaw's show these past couple of weeks and I still can't get into it. He is still far too grating, but I give him credit for his enthusiasm. He seems to be genuinely enjoying the show in much the same way Moyles did at the beginning.

Admittedly I haven't given them much chance, but his on-air team members are just so dull. There is nothing entertaining about them, and Fincham (although he doesn't seem to be on this week) is bloody annoying. He never bothered me on the Moyles show, but he just seems smug and self-satisfied on this show.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]