The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:It seems that #TeamGrimmy made the classic mistake of peaking too early and releasing all their good content too early.

http://analytics.topsy.com/?q=teammoyle ... riod=1+day

Over 5,000 mentions of #TeamMoyles today. I'm beaming.

Holly sugar! Pretty amazing considering BBC R1 have been pushing it on the TV Ads for a couple of weeks now. There was a huge peak a couple weeks ago when Harry from 1Ds picture got posted.

The social media stuff backing the show is only going to make it a short-term success.

Being geeky n'all, the jingles though... *throws up* It sounded more like the news at 10 and bought from dodgy-jingles.com.
By What
This was a brilliant idea.

Personally, after everything Chris and the team have done for R1... I'm pretty annoyed at how they have behaved. Alright, I get it, it's a joke. But it feels like they are actively giving Moyles & co the finger with all the "more music " bs. Maybe that's just me mis-interpreting, but you can promote a new show without crapping on the previous one.

Anyway, I'll get off my high horse.
By postmoylesdepression
What wrote:This was a brilliant idea.

Personally, after everything Chris and the team have done for R1... I'm pretty annoyed at how they have behaved. Alright, I get it, it's a joke. But it feels like they are actively giving Moyles & co the finger with all the "more music " bs. Maybe that's just me mis-interpreting, but you can promote a new show without crapping on the previous one.

Anyway, I'll get off my high horse.

I agree, but let's not forget that the opening song of The Chris Moyles Show in January 2004 featured these lines:

"So goodbye to Zoe
See you later to Cox
Your contract has expired
So get back in your box"

:D
By Yudster
A great morning's work from the look of it - I managed a few tweets before my first meeting at 8:00am so I did what I could, congratulations to all the rest of you who really made it happen!
By Misfit
As I said in my pm, I'm happy to help, I have chuff all to do at the moment :) just send me orders and I'll do it

Cracking work today
Misfit
By Misfit
Oh and on the digital spy poll, it gives you the option of team grimmy, or team moyles. It's now been adopted by everyone I'd say as the way of describing moyles supporters.
By Sally A
Well done everyone, twitter is banned at work, just seen the graph thingummy - truly impressive.

Glad you seem to have more plans afoot 8)
By Wykey
What wrote:Personally, after everything Chris and the team have done for R1... I'm pretty annoyed at how they have behaved. Alright, I get it, it's a joke. But it feels like they are actively giving Moyles & co the finger with all the "more music " bs. Maybe that's just me mis-interpreting, but you can promote a new show without crapping on the previous one.

I kind of know what you mean, but I do think that with a situation like this MOST radio stations act as though the previous incumbent never existed - if you listen to most commercial radio stations, they'll never even acknowledge old presenters existed.

They've got to move on, it feels to me like there's almost a snub about playing music etc, but I think it's probably just a focal point to identify as change.

Let's face it CM wasn't shy in poking fun at and poking sticks at previous presenters.
By JackKelly
It turns out that Chris re-tweeted the picture that I made! Its made my week, I feel honoured - well done everybody!
By James H
JackKelly wrote:It turns out that Chris re-tweeted the picture that I made! Its made my week, I feel honoured - well done everybody!

Same here with my one of Boris Johnson :D
By Jefferz
I got one in before school! I am 16 and who would have thought I am considering listening to radio 2! Anyway great effort there, it feels strange after listening for 5 years (in my case) that you don't know what you have until its gone, getting up is going to be difficult now.

With all this talk about the mcfly day trends and cheesy songs why don't we just steal the jingles and games and make our own morning radio show (#pirateradiomoyles), just joking :L
By Cacophonic
Jefferz wrote:I got one in before school! I am 16 and who would have thought I am considering listening to radio 2! Anyway great effort there, it feels strange after listening for 5 years (in my case) that you don't know what you have until its gone, getting up is going to be difficult now.

With all this talk about the mcfly day trends and cheesy songs why don't we just steal the jingles and games and make our own morning radio show (#pirateradiomoyles), just joking :L

I did present this potential option to Chris this morning on twitter. I said I reckoned there's be enough listeners to pay him a salary - especially if we stopped paying our licence fee!

He didn't respond!
By yummytummy
i managed to send a few tweets.

Well done everyone. Proud to be a Moron
By chrysostom
I'm putting together a pub quiz - I think I've made it too hard. I ramped it up as people are inevitably going to cheat and Google it.
By chrysostom
In classic Dave style, I completely screwed up one of the questions and one of the winners didn't use the hashtag (which I said wouldn't make their answer count.). I've found this hilarious.
By James H
chrysostom wrote:In classic Dave style, I completely screwed up one of the questions and one of the winners didn't use the hashtag (which I said wouldn't make their answer count.). I've found this hilarious.

Quite enjoyed the banter there, and the followers seemed quite receptive to it too!
By neilt0
I find the idea of faking the show on Twitter to be a bit sad. I'm about to unfollow CrisisTomAndJerry's Team_Moyles account...

Small editing gap to come