The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By northern lad
ianpwilliams wrote:What is the #teamgrimmy thing anyway? Who came up with it? Is it a swipe at Moyles? And what do I do? Just tweet #TeamMoyles between 8am and 8:30am during Grimmy's first show?

That`ll do it :D
By ManicPumpkin
GWaites wrote:Are we allowed to bombard The radio 1 Facebook page with these images?

By Misfit
check the latest status on the R1 fb page...the comments are amazing :)
By ManicPumpkin
Comment on a #TeamGrimmy post on the Radio 1 Facebook page:

"Entrance Requirements: 14 - 29
Musical taste: Last 6 months ONLY....

DJ Requirements:
Ability to press play button on cd or generic mp3 players in short intervals to the point where the listener has heard the track across every other radio station including this one so much to the point that they want to break their your radio if anyone dares to play the same track again.

On odd occasion switch to news bulletin.

Do not talk or attempt to engage the listener in everyday conversation they can relate to, instead talk only about the last music festival or gig you attended and the musicians you met. failing that talk about another upcoming music festival.

Do not make use of any sound effects to set the atmosphere of upcoming hilarity, or attempt to use the mixing desk to create funny clips for future use or present genuine DJ skill, only buttons you may press are PLAY MUSIC and switch to NEWS.

Sorry BBC, No thanks.

I'm a licence fee payer that does not fit any of your demographics, too old for R1, too young and not Conservative enough for R2, and cannot stomach R&B and Hip-Hop so R1Extra is a no no either."
By GWaites
Even Davina's in on it...
Attachments
1332624000-745562-TheMillio-13323549370.jpg
1332624000-745562-TheMillio-13323549370.jpg (30.85 KiB) Viewed 14189 times
By Nicola_Red
I don't really like that stuff coming up on facebook cos it just slags off Grimmy and comes off as bitter. I think we can get this trending and be #TeamMoyles without actively criticising Grimmy.
By hackiedj
Count me in for #teammoyles. I shall start work later on Monday especially so I can help get it trending. :D
By Travis Bickle
Nicola_Red wrote:I don't really like that stuff coming up on facebook cos it just slags off Grimmy and comes off as bitter. I think we can get this trending and be #TeamMoyles without actively criticising Grimmy.

Yes. That's all I want to do. I hope Grimmy is a success on breakfast in the long run.
By ManicPumpkin
Nicola_Red wrote:I don't really like that stuff coming up on facebook cos it just slags off Grimmy and comes off as bitter. I think we can get this trending and be #TeamMoyles without actively criticising Grimmy.

Definitely, I don't think anyone here has anything against Nick Grimshaw. And I'm sure we all wish him the best of luck for Monday.

Meanwhile, my creative juices seem to be flowing...
By HA94
GWaites wrote:Spotted on the A19....

Bit weird that the cars are on the opposite side of the road.
By Nicola_Red
Good Lord, how young does Mark Radcliffe look in that photo?!
By richbrown
Misfit wrote:check the latest status on the R1 fb page...the comments are amazing :)

Radio 1s problem is The Chris Moyles Show is/was bigger than the station itself. It has more of a dedicated following than any other single show or the whole line-up itself. Lots of those people are slagging off Grimmy, unfairly, but Radio 1 are probably just rubbing their hands as it's exactly what they want - a smaller, yet perfectly focused audience, which will please the BBC Trust.

That said, #TeamMoyles on Monday.
By R94N
Nicola_Red wrote:Good Lord, how young does Mark Radcliffe look in that photo?!

Probably about as old as this photo
Attachments
chris_moyles_1289788c.jpg
By GWaites
howabout94 wrote:
GWaites wrote:Spotted on the A19....

Bit weird that the cars are on the opposite side of the road.

That's how we drive in the North East....
By Nicola_Red
I think we need photoshops of Alan Sugar and Jimmy Carr. My photoshop skills are poor, personally. That sentence is very alliterative.
By C-Kay
fatboydave73 wrote:
C-Kay wrote:
fatboydave73 wrote:8 - 8:30 you say; I shall be a twittering to my hearts content.

Don't forget to include Grimmy in your tweets.......

Don't include Grimmy, we don't want him trending

Will he trend if we use his "@" address; I thought it was only if you used the #tag

It's not just hash tags that trend. If the words are used without the tag, they still count
By HA94
Nicola_Red wrote:I think we need photoshops of Alan Sugar and Jimmy Carr. My photoshop skills are poor, personally. That sentence is very alliterative.

By Sally A
I'm saddened by Cheryl Cole's or whatever she calls herself now shift in allegiance. I thought she was classed as a "friend" of the CMS. Was a bit grumpy on her last visit, but thought that was tongue in cheek when she had a pop at Aled for dumping her for Molly.

I don't give two hoots about Cheryl Cole, but I dislike two-facedness (is that a word?).
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up