The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By DarroM
neilt0 wrote:How the hell have you got to March 2008?!

JayE wrote:I get that but listening to 4 years worth in such a short amount of time takes some doing.

Well, I started listening to them at the end of 2011 since the first few years of the breakfast show were up and decided to start listening to them since I wasn't really fussed on the current one at the time and I felt that was the time the show started to become a bit tiresome. Listening to those older shows at the time were a lot more entertaining to me with features such as the original CPC and Buzz-Off!

I work nights so tended to listen to a few each night and over 2 years later, I am currently at March 2008. Enjoyed 2004 and 5 a lot, 2006 has its moments and 2007 for me has been the weakest thus far but I am really enjoying 2008 so far and could end up being my favourite year overall.
By Travis Bickle
DarroM wrote:Well, I started listening to them at the end of 2011 since the first few years of the breakfast show were up and decided to start listening to them since I wasn't really fussed on the current one at the time and I felt that was the time the show started to become a bit tiresome. Listening to those older shows at the time were a lot more entertaining to me with features such as the original CPC and Buzz-Off!

I work nights so tended to listen to a few each night and over 2 years later, I am currently at March 2008. Enjoyed 2004 and 5 a lot, 2006 has its moments and 2007 for me has been the weakest thus far but I am really enjoying 2008 so far and could end up being my favourite year overall.

I haven't listened to the old shows for a couple of months now. I reached spring of 2006 that year and was getting bored with it. After checking old posts on here I wasn't a fan of that era at the time either (neither was a fair proportion of this board, as Moyles pointed out at the time).

I'm into other podcasts at the moment, namely Kermode and Mayo, and when I have exhausted their back-catalogue I may get back into the old Moyles shows. I hope I do.
By DarroM
Yeah, over the last year, I have started listening to a few podcasts that started within the last year (mainly wrestling and video game ones) hence I am not going through the old shows as fast as I used to. I only have over a year to go before I get to where I first started listening and there was the odd show here and there I missed from when I started listening so will probably listen to the shows up to probably 2011 when it started to decline.
By JayE
2005 is going down hill for me. I'm up to August now. I'll keep listening to see if it gets better in 2006, I'm looking forward to the NY trip though.
By Badger Mark
JayE wrote:2005 is going down hill for me. I'm up to August now. I'll keep listening to see if it gets better in 2006, I'm looking forward to the NY trip though.

I'm in mid-September of '05 right now and I think it's pretty good. I listened to the Friday September 16th show earlier today and Chris brought it a bunch of old vinyl LPs in from his youth to play for everyone. Pretty funny stuff. He really did like a lot of crap when he was young.
By JayE
Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying the show and I listen to at least 2 shows everyday (Usually More) but I'm really not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed 2004 and since June 2005 I think the show has been quite poor. 2005 really has had a lot more dull moments in my opinion.
By Frogmouth
I'm on August 2008 and some of the 2008 shows seem to have the first few minutes really sped up. The most recent one that I remember is July 29th 2008, but there were a few more before.
By neilt0
I just checked mine, and yes that one at least is borked. It's not sped up, but it seems damaged, where tiny parts are skipped. It needs to be redone if the original is still available.
^ This photo is timely for me since Aled made the NYC "official" announcement on my replay this morning.

**Update** Sadly not really feeling the first two NYC shows...
Perhaps the American-ness of it all is putting me off. :?
By JayE
I loved the NY trip personally. I thought it was awesome from start to finish, so much so I listened to all 5 shows over 2 days!

"You have to get past da voice"
By benmoo
Just downloading another week of shows and the link for Friday 26th February 2010 isn't working.

Anyone able to re-upload?

EDIT: Got it now - was just stalling when I started downloading.
By d000hg
What's going on... the daily download was up to Christmas 2005, but the 25th December link doesn't work and now the daily download has jumped back to Jan 2004?

Wednesday and Thursday are up (Tuesday needs a fix[…]