The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Zoot
I LOVE the Advert for the Rabbit in 'todays' show!
"If you're lonely, stick a rabbit in your.... hutch"

How the hell did they get away from that?
By GottaBeAndrew
I'm unsure about listening to these old shows. On one hand I need something to listen to, on the other I feel like it'd be weird hearing them just starting the breakfast show, right after they've just had their last show 8 and a half years later. What sort of feeling do you get listening to them? Is it a novelty listening to the old shows, or is it something that people can see themselves doing long-term?
By chrysostom
The shows are only 90 minutes, this means that I can listen to them on my way in, and on my way back from work.

Given that I usually listen to the same old Moyles/Mills podcasts on repeat anyway - this is a great way to pass my morning commute.

9.5/10
By Nicola_Red
GottaBeAndrew wrote:I'm unsure about listening to these old shows. On one hand I need something to listen to, on the other I feel like it'd be weird hearing them just starting the breakfast show, right after they've just had their last show 8 and a half years later. What sort of feeling do you get listening to them? Is it a novelty listening to the old shows, or is it something that people can see themselves doing long-term?

I know what you mean. It's kind of bittersweet. I'm not sure if I'll carry on or not. Plus my commute is about 50mins, so I either only hear just over half the show, or I split them in half (which I tried yesterday) and it runs out before I get to work.
By MK Chris
I'm very much enjoying it.
By Tunster
My current journey is around an hour door to door, so I just finish off the rest at work when yawning out my tiredness. Hello to whoever it was that tweeted back after I mentioned it was unavailable that Portsmouth/Leeds were in the Premier League in 2004. Loved Chris' energy in this first week and it's bringing back memories of my obsession when he started.

Glad these are around now I've finished most of the last podcasts.
By Latina
I've listened to the first 1 and a half shows so far, and I too have mixed feelings even thought I've enjoyed them and am very grateful they are available. Other than in the morning, I'm very much a podcast person... I listen to several, including Best of Moyles - I still have the last few to catch up on - and Mills, during various activities including cooking, travelling, sometimes gym, and often before bed (or even to help me fall asleep).

So for me, the best way to enjoy these shows is to treat them purely as podcasts, which is why the iTunes option is so brilliant as it makes me feel like they are and allows me to download and transfer them to my mp3 player along with the others. If I continue to listen, I can also see myself "fasting" for several days before a holiday and then taking a load of them with me.

However, what I can't do is use them to actually replace what was the live CMS. I can't spend every morning living 8 years in the past. For me it is a lot more psychologically sound to live in the present and look ahead at that time of the day, so I'll be finding a new morning routine - whether that's Grimmy, another station, or finding the best morning TV. It really does have to be radio if it's going to see me through to the office though.
By Latina
Deadly wrote:I am loving the old shows. I'm keeping a check list on stuff that Chris wouldn't get away with in this day and age.

I was considering keeping a checklist of "show firsts" (for example, use of the Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet/Simon Bates' 'Our Tune' theme on the second show), but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep that up - plus I hardly listened to the previous Moyles shows so wouldn't know what was carried over.
Last edited by Latina on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Travis Bickle
Deadly wrote:I am loving the old shows. I'm keeping a check list on stuff that Chris wouldn't get away with in this day and age.

I am six months or so into 2004. Wiat till you get to the Dana International and Kirsty Gallagher bits! The Gallagher stuff is hilarious though.
By Badger Mark
Listened to the Wednesday Jan. 7 show. I realized what I was missing from the early car park catchphrase games. No "bum bums" from Dom, et al. Did they start happening early on or was that a late addition?
By Tunster
Latina wrote:However, what I can't do is use them to actually replace what was the live CMS. I can't spend every morning living 8 years in the past. For me it is a lot more psychologically sound to live in the present and look ahead at that time of the day, so I'll be finding a new morning routine - whether that's Grimmy, another station, or finding the best morning TV. It really does have to be radio if it's going to see me through to the office though.

You're very right. I'm pretty sure CM will be back on the radio somehow in the within the next 8 years! If he doesn't, I'd be seriously worried.

It's nice there's a choice and if everything else on the radio annoys, I know I can turn to it with no hassle. A classic CM show is better than none.
By neilt0

Not to mention Aled's "Size Queen" remark. Bloody hell!
By neilt0
Badger Mark wrote:Listened to the Wednesday Jan. 7 show. I realized what I was missing from the early car park catchphrase games. No "bum bums" from Dom, et al. Did they start happening early on or was that a late addition?

Yes, it took a while to get Dom and Dave bumming. Aled was never really in to it for some reason.
By Dombo1981
im enjoying them, for obvious reasons i havent heard every single show and im enjoying the rewind,
i can sit at my desk and listen to the radio all day so for me to switch to moyles is comforting in the fact i know for an hour or 2 a day i have a bit of nostalgia to go back on...
the fact its delivered to my phone is a big plus point too.. im gonna keep it up ....
By Pisces1969
I'm a long-time lurker, second time poster.....and I'm really enjoying starting the shows over from the beginning. I just wanted to say thank you for all the work it has taken to edit & archive them over the years! I am in the US (Louisville, KY) and started listening to the show on Sirius in 2004 - until they decided to drop Radio 1 last year, and have been listening to the replays online during the day at work since then. I'm not really a Radio 1 fan, just a Chris Moyles Show fan, so I am also having a terrible time trying to find something to replace it during my workday. I will miss hearing what the team is up to currently, but I guess that's what Twitter is for.
By jkschmidt
Pisces1969 wrote:I am in the US (Louisville, KY) and started listening to the show on Sirius in 2004 - until they decided to drop Radio 1 last year, and have been listening to the replays online during the day at work since then.

Hi Pisces1969! I'm a US listener currently living in Mississippi. Nice to know a fellow "Moron" is near(ish)

Just listening to Wednesday's rewind and I find it very entertaining and weird to be able to go look up whatever the team is discussing and see how it all turned out. Ex: the Sam and Mark duo discussion --> turns out the song went to #1 and they are now well known presenters. ( I saw them on Dancing on Ice this past season too)

I feel like I have a crystal ball or something.
By DarroM
The reason I've been listening to older shows is because I never listened to them in the first place since I only started listening in 2009 and getting to hear the early years of breakfast and how different it was back then compared to what it was currently! I preferred listening to the 2004/5 shows this year more than the current product because I just felt the majority of the year was lacklustre and things like the way CPC was handled, Olympic torch stuff etc didn't help matters. At least the last few weeks made up for it and was nice hearing old team members and features again.

I am further ahead than all of you I believe since I started late last year and in June 2005, which had entertaining Big Brother talk and it was the 2nd last season of it I fully paid attention to. Getting closer to that "infamous" Drew Barrymore interview!
By Dombo1981
im amazed at how risque the early shows were, with aleds size queen comment the other day and then yesterday and today going on about the daily sport the stunnas...

risque but im lovin it!
By MK Chris
What is this Shattered that appears to be a TV show hosted by Dermot O'Leary? I have absolutely no memory of this whatsoever.
By MK Chris
That sounds awful! Torturous even.
By Annie_G
I just wanted to say thank you so very much for making the old shows available.

I will really miss the Chris Moyles Show and now I can finally hear all the old shows. I have become addicted to the team from the Birthday show in 2010 onward and only missed 5 or 6 shows now I won't miss any, so thank you :)

Thank you both!!