The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Tunster
chrysostom wrote:It's a Crook Lock (shown below)

I'd love to see what they looked like though!

I always thought it was a crook clock.

Note: doesnt exist, but a croc clock does! (as above!)
By Tunster
BBQ wrote:What year did the cheesy song start on the show? I am guessing it wasn't in 2004 since it isn't on these podcasts.

I think it was 1 January 2007 when they started at 6:30am.
By Badger Mark
I have to keep telling myself that these are all repeats. Listened to today's replay and was loving the whole "Let's go to Newcastle with a billboard truck!" But I kept forgetting that this all happened 8+ years ago. Did anyone here ever get a piece of the big "Savior" posters?
By Badger Mark
The Newcastle show was great! Some very funny bits. The whole thing with Aled driving around in the billboard truck was really good - especially when he paid a visit to the competing radio station. Are there pictures of the billboard truck?
By northernsteve
After it ended up in as no2 in the iTunes podcast chart Chris H felt it was best for it not to be so visible in case the BBC had a sense of humour failure. The RSS feed link is on the home page and you can add it to iTunes manually.
By J.E.D
In today's show Chris, Dave and Dom (to a small extent) were trying to annoy Juliette and Rachel.

Dave: If women didn't like washing up why would they make marigolds in pink colours?
Chris: If women don't like washing up why do they make washing up liquid smell girly?
Chris: Dom would you like to join in on this?
Dom: No
Chris: Why not? You know its true..
Dom: It is true, probably
Juliette: DOMINIC!
I'm still waiting to hear something I remember. I remember the posters being up, I can even remember the site of one of them in town. Just not remembered anything from the show yet whilst listening to it
By slaphead1982
WeekendAtBernies wrote:I'm still waiting to hear something I remember. I remember the posters being up, I can even remember the site of one of them in town. Just not remembered anything from the show yet whilst listening to it

Are you enjoying the shows soo far though?
By Badger Mark
J.E.D wrote:In today's show Chris, Dave and Dom (to a small extent) were trying to annoy Juliette and Rachel.

Dave: If women didn't like washing up why would they make marigolds in pink colours?
Chris: If women don't like washing up why do they make washing up liquid smell girly?
Chris: Dom would you like to join in on this?
Dom: No
Chris: Why not? You know its true..
Dom: It is true, probably
Juliette: DOMINIC!

I was laughing over this segment. To me, it's the first segment since the beginning of the breakfast show where Chris is really winding up other members of the team the way he did so many times in later years. Very funny.
By Badger Mark
Monday's replay really brought back memories for me as it was right after Janet Jackson's Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction. Over here in the The States, it caused such a huge uproar with many self-serving, sanctimonious politicians going on and on about the moral decay of society. Pretty ridiculous. I didn't actually see it happen on TV as I'm not a football (American) fan so I rarely, if ever, watch the Super Bowl.
By ianpwilliams
northernsteve wrote:After it ended up in as no2 in the iTunes podcast chart Chris H felt it was best for it not to be so visible in case the BBC had a sense of humour failure. The RSS feed link is on the home page and you can add it to iTunes manually.

Wow that's fantastic. Good to know it's so popular.
slaphead1982 wrote:
WeekendAtBernies wrote:I'm still waiting to hear something I remember. I remember the posters being up, I can even remember the site of one of them in town. Just not remembered anything from the show yet whilst listening to it

Are you enjoying the shows soo far though?
Yeah, I'm sorted now in the mornings until 2020!
By jocky85
Andi Peters, Top Of The Pops Executive Editor? I missed that before!
Also loved Aled on carpark catchphrase 'what do you do' 'Chris' bitchwork'
By neilt0
jocky85 wrote:Andi Peters, Top Of The Pops Executive Editor? I missed that before!
Also loved Aled on carpark catchphrase 'what do you do' 'Chris' bitchwork'

I think he actually said "I'm Chris's bitch". Which is slightly worse.

Shocking now, but this was before Rachel banned "The B Word" and there's so much more shiz that would never happen today. Crazy times, biatches!
By MadTheEddos
Badger Mark wrote:Monday's replay really brought back memories for me as it was right after Janet Jackson's Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction. Over here in the The States, it caused such a huge uproar with many self-serving, sanctimonious politicians going on and on about the moral decay of society. Pretty ridiculous. I didn't actually see it happen on TV as I'm not a football (American) fan so I rarely, if ever, watch the Super Bowl.

Not a Moyles show thing per se, but I definitely remember hearing the reaction to this on Radio 1(I'd watched that Super Bowl live as well). I remember thinking she got a pretty hard time for it, considering it wasn't even a proper boob-flash.
By Yudster
And I'm not sure why it is so consistently referred to as a "wardrobe malfunction", it was clearly deliberate, and the undergarment that saved her blushes was clearly designed to be seen - you wouldn't design something that elaborate and not intend for it to be on show at some point.

Editing gap to come for a few days.