The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Chris
flik1278 wrote:Yeah same problem here. The shows will appear in my list/in the cloud but won't download. Are they actually downloading for you Chris? The Radio X app is shocking and only got me so far on my commute today...

Try force-resetting your phone - hold down power and home until it resets, then try again.
Sounds stupid, I know.
By foot-loose
So this RSS thing (I'm a newbie to this) - can we set our podcasty apps to automatically download the new Radio X show anywhere? In the old days, I would download the shows via the iPlayer then listen to them the next week but that's not an option with the new show so I'm trying to find a similar workaround that requires minimal effort on a daily basis.
By Frothy Bevvy
OK, it took me bloody ages to figure out but I've finally managed to create a podcast player-friendly RSS feed out of the content on the Wiki page. Not bad going for a complete non-techie!

http://feeds.feedburner.com/moylesrss

I deliberately haven't publicised it anywhere other than in here and it is not on any public search engines/podcast directories.

So I'm all set for automated downloads to wake up to each morning. Now all I need is for Ian to upload the edited version and add it to the Wiki by 7:30pm GMT each day. :wink:
Last edited by Frothy Bevvy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Topher
I think it's a bit of a shame that the edited shows have to have the music taken out, as by and large the music is good... however, it's a godsend that the adverts are taken out.
By bmstinton93
Yeah precisely, for my first listen through the shows I want the music intact and then I want the edited versions also for my collection for completeness purposes. The show may not be as full as features as the old show but its much more enjoyable, helped massively by the playlist.
By Topher
I think I like the lack of features at the moment... no doubt there will be some, but the general chat is very enjoyable.
By VMPhil
Topher wrote:I think it's a bit of a shame that the edited shows have to have the music taken out, as by and large the music is good... however, it's a godsend that the adverts are taken out.

Listening to yesterday's edited show and hearing the intro to Disco 2000 is the first time I've wanted to hear the actual song. They've been playing some great classic songs.
VMPhil wrote:
Topher wrote:I think it's a bit of a shame that the edited shows have to have the music taken out, as by and large the music is good... however, it's a godsend that the adverts are taken out.

Listening to yesterday's edited show and hearing the intro to Disco 2000 is the first time I've wanted to hear the actual song. They've been playing some great classic songs.

Yeah I've got off of here the first three shows unedited so far, the music is good but I think the reason I didn't listen to XFM before was because it seem so pretenious (sp?), well judging by the comments by haters on the FB page some of the audience were.
By neilt0
So, starting on September 15th, 2012, I started listening to the compete archive of TCMS on Radio 1.

I've just completed listening to the entire archive (I've listened to more than one a day on occasion, where time was free). It took me just over 5 years to hear all 8 years, 8 months and 9 days of the original TCMS!

Wow. The last show was mental. The McFly tribute, the book from contributors here. Amazing. SNIFF!

Now, what?! 8O :D
By JMJosie
Hi everyone,

Not sure if i've missed this somewhere but my subscription to the old shows went back to the first show (Jan 2004) and we were mid August 2008. Any reason why? I'm having to find them manually rather than just playing from the podcast site.

Sad I know, but it's still part of my daily routine!

Thank you!

Thank you both!!