The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By northernsteve
The recording was one-legged - a lot of the early Beatles tracks, in the pioneering days of stereo, put different bits of the lead vocals panned almost entirely to the left or the right. If you only record one channel, you miss part of the lead vocals.

Unheard of now, most tracks have the lead vocals centred.
By Badger Mark
Jimmy_Lemon wrote:Interesting version of a Beatles classic on today's show. I am guessing the show was recorded in mono (that or my speakers and headphone have both broken).....or it was an instrumental version that I haven't heard before :)

I noticed that too. Thought my mp3 player was screwing something up at first. Figured out that it was the recording that was weird.
By mrwurzal
I would be lost without the podcasts and have listened from the start... I get so excited getting my daily replay fix of Moyles and the team...

They all sound so different it is quite amusing.. so many things I am hearing snippets of the news that i remember the whole mysterious Girls release and Newcastle and all the conversation they had is just amazing... The late Jade goody with Lets get fit and get dancing... it is pure gold..

Please do keep them coming and i also would be interested to find out how many people are downloading these...??

Anybody know?
Let me first say that I’ve been brought back from the brink by the daily downloads so thank you massively for providing this option! It is a HUGE service that you provide to those of us who would have a very silent commute if it weren’t for your limitless generosity. For this I thank you!

I most likely am totally alone in my view, and it may come from my nationality but I have found these shows from the “big bang” of the Moyles experience to be a real eye-opening listen. Since I was not listening at the show’s beginning, I’ve been finding them very interesting for their raw and as yet undeveloped character. It is striking to me just how much Chris and the team grew as radio performers in subsequent years. Not to say these early shows are bad or boring but the confidence, the bravado, the rapid fire wit the inner-relationships, seem to be a lot more tentative and dare I say prosaic. Each of their individual personalities has not yet fully come out. Chris specifically seems to rely more on the standard morning show kit-of-parts like the obvious innuendo and burps than the more subtle “crafting” of his humor I came to love so much.

I’m appreciate this opportunity to sit back and watch the development of their talents knowing in advance what is yet to come and knowing that it all has a very good ending.

Then again, I may be talking crap! :)
By J.E.D
Dr Woo Suck Wang...
CPC contestants who knew each other in more than just a friendly way...
Chris singing Valentine Carols
Half American caller who Chris describes as a 'loud American girl' and then blames it on Dave.
Chris: They're quite backward in Texas. 8O
By DarroM
Just listened to the week they did the Say No to Wogan Campaign and didn't realise Two Word Tango came from Dick & Dom either! This is the 2nd week of September 2005! Robbe Williams was in and acted a bit similar to Chris! Definitely has matured since then!
By Badger Mark
J.E.D wrote:12.2.2004
Dr Woo Suck Wang...
CPC contestants who knew each other in more than just a friendly way...
Chris singing Valentine Carols
Half American caller who Chris describes as a 'loud American girl' and then blames it on Dave.
Chris: They're quite backward in Texas. 8O

That was a good week of shows! Even though that Brits contest was way back in 2004, I still found myself really getting into it. Have to hand it to the BBC, they know how to come up with some intense contests.
By slaphead1982
And the BBC need all the praise they can get at the moment. I am a bbc fan. No other company makes such a consistant amount of good programmes.
By mrwurzal
It's the Birthday show!! Chris is 24!! Travis is on the show, Dale Winton (seems that Chris had a bit of an obsession with Dale Winton in the early days!)

Quick Question for you all... What's your favourite Cheese?
By Badger Mark
mrwurzal wrote:It's the Birthday show!! Chris is 24!! Travis is on the show, Dale Winton (seems that Chris had a bit of an obsession with Dale Winton in the early days!)

Quick Question for you all... What's your favourite Cheese?

That birthday show was very tame compared to later ones. Really interesting to see what it had evolved into by the end earlier this year. Who was the goofy guy at the end who brought in the toy instruments?

Swiss.
By Badger Mark
popmonkey wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:
Who was the goofy guy at the end who brought in the toy instruments?

Avid Merrion (Leigh Francis's character at the time).

And that would explain why I found him pretty annoying. Thanks!
By MadTheEddos
I've just downloaded all the Moyles shows from January 2004. They take up about 800MB of hard drive space, and I've only got 15GB of space left on this crappy old PC(Total hard drive space only 76GB). So I think downloading all the shows onto here will be difficult. Fortunately I have access to a 250GB external drive!

Badger Mark wrote:
popmonkey wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:
Who was the goofy guy at the end who brought in the toy instruments?

Avid Merrion (Leigh Francis's character at the time).

And that would explain why I found him pretty annoying. Thanks!

As annoying and cringeworthy as he could be, Avid Merrion did the most brilliant comedy honk noises. I don't know if he did on the Moyles show, I've not got that far with the re-listens yet. But on Bo' Selecta he did them quite a lot. Leigh Francis hasn't done them with any other character IIRC(except one brilliantly funny incarnation of his Gareth Gates which he sadly chose not to use in the final edit of the show).
By Nicola_Red
There are several interviews with Avid Merrion in the vault. It seems he was a regular feature on the afternoon show at one point.
By SteveH
Today's missing podcast makes me realise how dependent I've become on my daily dose of archived Chris! Eeek! I've been loving it!

Come to think of it, I haven't listened to Radio 1 since The Chris Moyles Show went off the air so I guess I'm one of the older people the station wanted to ditch. Ah well.

Can't wait for my next download. Hope there isn't a big problem with it. Many thanks to everyone behind the scenes bringing this to us.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]