The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By BBQ
ChrisMoyles.net got mentioned on the podcast today. I wonder if the daily hits on the website will go up.
Can anyone who has access to the stats check tomorrow and report back?
By stevenuk
Hi

Im trying to download the daily shows but been having a problem with " Wednesday 25th May 2005 " & " Thursday 26th May 2005 "

Has anybody else downloaded these ok? all the others have been fine. These to just come back as " can not be downloaded "

Thanks
By Badger Mark
Listened to the show where they May 2005 broadcast from Jay Kay's (Jamiroquai) house/pub. That was a bit weird and cool at the same time. Would be nice to have as much money as that guy does.
By neilt0
Badger Mark wrote:Listened to the show where they May 2005 broadcast from Jay Kay's (Jamiroquai) house/pub. That was a bit weird and cool at the same time. Would be nice to have as much money as that guy does.

Dave! Look out for that Rolls-Royce!
By Badger Mark
neilt0 wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:Listened to the show where they May 2005 broadcast from Jay Kay's (Jamiroquai) house/pub. That was a bit weird and cool at the same time. Would be nice to have as much money as that guy does.

Dave! Look out for that Rolls-Royce!

Exactly!

They had me going for a bit with the next day's show. The part right at the beginning.
By JayE
Up to the last show of the red nose rally (March 11th 2005) I've actually enjoyed the rally a lot more than I thought I was going to, I thought it was going to be one of those events on the show which was a chore to listen to. Good stuff.
By DarroM
JayE wrote:Up to the last show of the red nose rally (March 11th 2005) I've actually enjoyed the rally a lot more than I thought I was going to, I thought it was going to be one of those events on the show which was a chore to listen to. Good stuff.

One of the best bits of that was when the caller from Barnsley (the clip is in the Sound Vault) won the truck of luck and was kind of hyper-ventilating and then Chris had to cut her off since it seemed like she was about to pass out or something!
By JayE
DarroM wrote:
JayE wrote:Up to the last show of the red nose rally (March 11th 2005) I've actually enjoyed the rally a lot more than I thought I was going to, I thought it was going to be one of those events on the show which was a chore to listen to. Good stuff.

One of the best bits of that was when the caller from Barnsley (the clip is in the Sound Vault) won the truck of luck and was kind of hyper-ventilating and then Chris had to cut her off since it seemed like she was about to pass out or something!

I remember that, I was stunned whilst listening to that bit. Was very funny though.
By Travis Bickle
I'm at Christmas week 2005. I've enjoyed the year for the most part. I thought the summer was a bit poor, but it picked up a lot and I enjoyed the New York stuff.

Not as good as 2004, but still good.
By Badger Mark
I was amazed at the overall quality of the prizes that were offered during the Rally. Sure, there were a couple of clunkers, but most were outstanding. The hyperventilating winner was the high point of that whole event. One of the funniest things I've heard on the show. I'm currently listening to the 1st week of June 2005. Nothing really noteworthy although there was a fairly extended mention of this website and how many profile views certain members were getting. Also, I had no idea Dom used to be in band. I thought it was funny that they convinced him to sing some of his old songs, but then stopped him immediately each time he tried.
By neilt0
World Cup 2006 is very, very funny -- I'm at 2006-06-23. There's always a good vibe when the team are on a [not] holiday, even when they start getting on each other's nerves.

I still can't believe Newsbeat wouldn't let Dom go. So stupid.
By BBQ
Listening to the July 1st, 2005 podcast today and hearing Moyles say, "I still like Chris Rock, you watch I'm gonna get him in the studio one day and I'm going to do a brilliant interview with him.." made me think about how crushed he was when Chris Rock finally came in for an interview. I remember him telling one of the team that he didn't want coffee as he was going back to sleep after the interview.
By slaphead1982
He was the embodiment of "Never meet your heroes". I've never liked Chris Rock but you would have thought he'd more lively than he was. Even if he is not a morning person or if he had jet lag, He is an actor.
By BBQ
Agreed. He threw his PR training and his being polite out the window. I don't know if he realized how he was coming across or just didn't care but he has done tons of interviews and knows how to conduct himself. Chris Rock, more like Chris Rude.
By d000hg
I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem - I cannot listen to the shows online anymore using the handy player on the main page. After a minute or so, it crashes either Shockwave plugin or the browser itself every time. I've tried this on the latest version of Chrome, and on IE11 on Windows 7. It always used to work perfectly and was so much more convenient than downloading and having to remember to delete the files.

Is this is a known issue?
By d000hg
Weird. I've seen it in the past but it cleared up... testing in IE I expected to find it a Chrome-specific issue. Is the player actually using Flash, or something else? I could try updating that next I guess.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Small editing gap to come