The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
I always liked her too - in fact if I listen to pre-Tina shows I now find Carrie irritating by comparison. I know a lot of people here weren't fans of hers though - we've definitely had that discussion at least once before!
By chrysostom
I think people remember Carrie with rose tinted specs, it took a long time for her to get involved in the show and be comfortable talking about her personal life etc. - as well as a few boozy team bonding trips, something Tina didn't have as much of.

There was a LOT of strangely aggressive Tina hate on here though...
By DarroM
I didn't mind Tina but towards the end of the show in the last year, there were times that she somewhat irritated me for some reason that I can't remember now for the life of me. All the members of the team have their pros and cons. Dave can be funny at times but the main thing I hate about him is he just seemed to be a bit of a grumpy arse a lot of the time more so than Chris but at least we got a rant out of it perhaps!

Back on the forum topic, currently on September 2007 where they did the Golden Hour every day for 2 weeks to celebrate Radio 1's 40th anniversary! I still enjoy listening to the shows but feel like this year hasn't been as good as the previous 3. Also anyone here remember Birthday Corner and Who Knows Dom? Oh and this is the time where no competitions are being done at all including CPC due to the whole controversy with competition phone-ins etc.
By neilt0
Birthday Corner and Who Knows Dom? had by far the best theme tunes. I sang along every time!

"Your Mum and Dad did some stuff...then your Mum was up the duff...9 months later you came along...and that is why we're singing this song!"

By bmstinton93
Today I was listening to 16th September 2004. Chris, Rachel and Aled all ganged up on Dave thinking that dice was singular and Die was plural. After 10 minutes Dave finally won. Great radio!
By Badger Mark
chrysostom wrote:I think people remember Carrie with rose tinted specs, it took a long time for her to get involved in the show and be comfortable talking about her personal life etc. - as well as a few boozy team bonding trips, something Tina didn't have as much of.

There was a LOT of strangely aggressive Tina hate on here though...

I'm currently listening to shows from April of 2005. You're right, Carrie isn't involved with the show as much as Dom is at this point. And when she is around it's usually because they're teasing her about how posh-sounding she is. There are times were it sounds like she's truly getting annoyed by that. But generally speaking I thought Carrie really slipped right into the show after Juliette left. And I think she did a better job than Tina did initially.
By Travis Bickle
I remembered it as Carrie taking ages to settle in, but at October 2005 she isn't annoying me anything like as much as I remembered. Whether that is still to come or not, I don't know.

I do think that Carrie and Tina were both too involved in the show though. My favourite was Juliette. I liked her the most and I thought she fitted in with the team the best, but she also kept a lower profile on the show, which is how it should have been. Granted, Dominic wasn't involved as much in that first year either and he turned out to be integral to the show for me.

Going through the show again, coming up to the end of the second year, I get the feeling 2004 will always be my favourite.
By Badger Mark
Interesting how some prefer less input from Carrie/Tina vs more input. For myself, I prefer more. I wonder if that's because by the time I discovered the show (late 2008/early 2009) that was the format. Listening to the earlier shows I miss the input from the others. Including Dom. In those earlier shows even he didn't have as much input as he did later on (and Dom was always my favorite person on the show).
By JayE
Up to the 10th February 2005 now, which is the final show that involves the crappy detox they've been harping on about for about a month. Also slightly missing Buzz Off now that's it's been gone for a while, but I must admit towards the end of 2004 I was getting a little bored of Buzz Off but now it's actually gone I sort of miss it.
By Badger Mark
Been listening to the week of the team's take over of Top the Pops in April of 2005. I've searched the site for any video of that appearance but nothing's been coming back. Was any of that video ever uploaded here?
By chrysostom
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:

I'm confused.
By Clarky777
Hi all the two podcasts Wednesday 25 may and Thursday 26 may both wouldn't download via my iphone or PC saying error. I emailed the guy who runs this site and he said try on the forum, I would like to listen to both of these via my iphone/iTunes so can anyone repost these two days podcasts to the chrismoyles.net podcast so I can listen to them both in full?
I don't know how it works but if say my five live podcast has an error they repost a couple of days later without the errors?
By neilt0
radiovision wrote:Great, thank you neilt0! I was looking for these episodes. Hopefully you don't mind me downloading also (I'm sure Mediafire has no bandwidth limit)

Nah, I don't think they care. Just PayPal me £14.99 per show for my trouble.

Cheers!

Today is up