The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
neilt0 wrote:Thanks again to our anonymous benefactor, DVB-S (high quality satellite rip) Red Button video for The Final Show is now available at:

http://archive.org/details/ChrisMoylesF ... 1Breakfast (3.3GB)
archive.org will also automatically recode this to a smaller MP4 file, but it make take a few hours, or more.

For the super-geeks, it's also on Usenet: http://www.nzbindex.nl/release/73328759 ... y.par2.nzb

Thanks neilt0 & anonymous benefactor, Mp4 isnt ready yet, So Im downloading the TS

EDIT:
+ Archive.org !!! Big up ya self.
wireman2004 wrote:neil. Whats the difference in the ts quality and the mp4 quality. Or is it just on the compression of the files.

If you want the best quality, get the original TS (Transport Stream = exactly what was broadcast).
MP4 is a more efficient compression scheme than MPEG2, so although you will lose quality, it won't be much. Actually, I'll download the MP4 now to see what it looks like and post a comparison.
Here's the difference between the TS and MP4. The MP4 is lower-resolution than the TS, so I scaled it up, but saved as PNG (lossless) for a fair comparison.

Original MPEG2-TS:

MPEG4 recode:

Basically, if you just want to watch it on your phone, the MP4 is fine. If you want to watch on a laptop full screen or on your telly, the MPEG2 will be better.
19" monitor here and the .mp4 does the job, The program I used to d/l them has an issue with downloading the TS files at the start then they end with an error from the archive for some reason
The quality would be a different story if there a lot of action / movement frequent updates of the pixels as it would get blocky but It does a fair job of capturing a handful of people sat a round studio equipment at only 1.3gb :)

note: Mp4 is there now too

http://archive.org/download/ChrisMoylesFridaySeptember14FinalRadio1Breakfast/Moyles_Friday.mp4
I don't usually bother with the video side of things (13th & 14th September 2012 being exceptions, I'm downloading them now)so I might be asking a very stupid question but, How do you do a screengrab?
I ask because I'm after a final show album cover style thing. I usually use this one:
Breakfast_ 2012.jpg

But I'm after the closing credits version for the final show. If anybody can upload it here or tell me how I can do it then I will be happy and grateful.
jamiec21 wrote:All done. You can view the edited video of today's show here

For some reason this one is set to "unavailable on mobile" so I can't watch it on my TV like I could with the previous one. Any chance you can fix this?
Dexy wrote:For some reason this one is set to "unavailable on mobile" so I can't watch it on my TV like I could with the previous one. Any chance you can fix this?

Could be do with the ads enabled on it? I'm not sure.
Dexy wrote:For some reason this one is set to "unavailable on mobile" so I can't watch it on my TV like I could with the previous one. Any chance you can fix this?

Yeah, someone else asked for that in the comments. I really don't know why it's set to that, and I can't change it. Sorry, I know it's annoying when some YouTube videos have these silly restrictions, but in this case it's totally out of my control.
jamiec21 wrote:

Yeah, someone else asked for that in the comments. I really don't know why it's set to that, and I can't change it. Sorry, I know it's annoying when some YouTube videos have these silly restrictions, but in this case it's totally out of my control.

It'll be that record company's claim over music in the video -- they claim rights so can dictate where the video is shown. They want the revenue from ads, so don't allow it to be played on devices that don't display ads.

Just get the show from my sig or the file jamie posted. I will never understand people who watch 2 hours of YouTube video. Just download it and watch it in a real video player app! The bitrate on the MP4 is probably comparable to the YouTube anyhoo.
ladydriva wrote:thank you soooo much for the link to thurs show,, i was there and it was fantastic! now i just have to work out how to get it onto a dvd to keep forever,,, loved loved loved the show,,, thank you all x

Try the transport stream. Rename it to MPG or similar and see if a DVD authoring app will import it.
I was gutted when I had to leave at about 8:15 to go to work and was SO relieved when someone had posted the red buton coverage on here. For such a Radio 1 anorak like me I love to see what they get up to while the songs are playing, so thanks so much for the unedited one especially. I really do appreicate all the work that must have gone into getting those online, so thank you.
Particulally enjoyed Aled's dancing around the studio during the songs and just generally adminring himself on camera and all the prep he does for next segment with Freya & Pippa. I also found it interesting that Aled does a lot of "driving" of the desk while songs are playing, like loading next jingle and playing next record. I just assumed Chris did it. I also always thought they would have been preloaded to do song-jingle-song, but obviously not!

Did anyone else notice how antisocial Dave (and to an extent, Dom) are during the songs?! I dont think Dave spoke to ANYONE during any of the songs!!
Not really sure why we'd need this when we have them here for download, to be honest. I guess some people don't have space to keep it, maybe.
Nicola_Red wrote:Not really sure why we'd need this when we have them here for download, to be honest. I guess some people don't have space to keep it, maybe.

Give it about 10 minutes before The Google Police pull it down or restrict it due to excessive tuneage.

Thank you both!!