The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By BBQ
Thank you everyone doing this! My internet connection would buffer the live feed and sometimes I had to close the player and reopen it. I had missed parts of some of the guests. So I would enjoy seeing the whole thing without missing anything.

Thanks again for this and all the earlier work you've done. OH, and for creating this website. No, not brown nosing, just gratitude from a distant listener.
Our generous anonymous benefactor is uploading the DVB-S version of today's Red Button show to Usenet* right now. Watch this space for more info. In theory, the DVB-S version should be higher quality than the Freeview broadcast.

* It will also be relayed to archive.org.
neilt0 wrote:Thanks to our anonymous, generous benefactor, today's show (DVB-S Satellite TV recording) is now up on Usenet: http://www.nzbindex.nl/release/73316809 ... y.par2.nzb

Watch this space for the archive.org relay! Don't start any more new threads, n00b dingbats!

It's now up on archive.org, thanks again to our generous benefactor!

Chris Moyles live from the BBC Radio Theatre - final Thursday Radio 1 Breakfast Show (3.4GB)

That's the MPEG2 Transport Stream (as broadcast). Play it back with most media players. I had to force the aspect ratio to 16:9 on mine.

archive.org should transcode it to other (smaller) formats at some point, but it may take a while depending on what's in their queue.
OK, the edited video is now up

Some edit, it's still 2hr 27m long!
Last edited by jamiec21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MASSIVELY thanks for this

I live in Australia now, and have still been listening everyday on listen again, but this is my only chance to watch it all.

I'm grabbing the torrent listed on Archive.org and well, i'll seed it for as long as i can, (same for Fridays show) and......well lets just say my seed speeds will help others out grabbing it a LOT :)

Thanks again guys.
neilt0 wrote:
neilt0 wrote:Thanks to our anonymous, generous benefactor, today's show (DVB-S Satellite TV recording) is now up on Usenet: http://www.nzbindex.nl/release/73316809 ... y.par2.nzb

Watch this space for the archive.org relay! Don't start any more new threads, n00b dingbats!

It's now up on archive.org, thanks again to our generous benefactor!

Chris Moyles live from the BBC Radio Theatre - final Thursday Radio 1 Breakfast Show (3.4GB)

That's the MPEG2 Transport Stream (as broadcast). Play it back with most media players. I had to force the aspect ratio to 16:9 on mine.

archive.org should transcode it to other (smaller) formats at some point, but it may take a while depending on what's in their queue.

Archive.org have already made the MP4 recode: http://archive.org/download/ChrisMoyles ... ursday.mp4 (1.2GB)
I am currently uploading an edit of the Final Show to YouTube. However, seeing as Chris plays more commercially available music during his links in today's show, I'm less confident the thing won't be pulled by YouTube for multiple copyright infringements. The Thursday show seems OK for now, I did get a copyright warning, but nothing serious enough to get the video removed.

I'll post the link in two hours or so, or if anyone wants to subscribe to the waynecarr949 YouTube account, then you'll be advised when it's up.
Why don't you put it as private video and those who have the link then can actually see it. So it doesn't get pulled down as quickly.
dreamer1978 wrote:Why don't you put it as private video and those who have the link then can actually see it. So it doesn't get pulled down as quickly.

It'll be up on archive.org and usenet (for proper geeks) as well.
dreamer1978 wrote:Why don't you put it as private video and those who have the link then can actually see it. So it doesn't get pulled down as quickly.

I don't think it matters, YouTube's automated software doesn't make the distinction between a private and non-private video. You'll get an advisory email sometimes within 10 seconds of the video being uploaded explaining what the situation is. If I'm lucky, I'll just be advised that the material is copyrighted, but the record companies are fine with this as long as adverts are placed on the YouTube page.

EDIT: To prove my point, I have just received this email, even though the video hasn't finished processing yet: " Your video "The Chris Moyles Show - The Final Show - 14th September 2012", may have content that is owned or licensed by WMG, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video. "
All done. You can view the edited video of today's show here
Last edited by jamiec21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks again to our anonymous benefactor, DVB-S (high quality satellite rip) Red Button video for The Final Show is now available at:

http://archive.org/details/ChrisMoylesF ... 1Breakfast (3.3GB)
archive.org will also automatically recode this to a smaller MP4 file, but it make take a few hours, or more.

For the super-geeks, it's also on Usenet: http://www.nzbindex.nl/release/73328759 ... y.par2.nzb

Thank you both!!