The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By slaphead1982
1: Andy Parfitt (He gave you all the chance to break records left right and centre)
2: Gordon Ramsey / Jamie Oliver (They kick started Chris' road to a healthier intake of food)
3: The BBC trust (Tell me they had no influence on the show and mean it)
4: Gary Barlow (Charity king)
5: The jingle singers (For being the theme to the show)
6: J.K. & Joel (For the handovers that I'm sure livened you all up for the start of the shows)
7: "Weird" Al Yankovic (No weird Al, No parody songs)
8: Lou Monte (No Lou Monte, No Dominic the donkey)
9: Us normos (If it was'nt for us there would have been no funny moments of callers just being simple)
10: Robin Scott (If it was'nt for the first controller of Radio 1 then we would not have heard Chris at all)
By dimtimjim
1. Parf Daddy
2. Rachel
3. Royster
4. Sandy
5. Captain Barlow
6. Carrie
7. Howard Stern
8. Wierd Al
9. Song before 7 man
10. And last on my list, highly influential, if a team member - Aled Jones
Last edited by dimtimjim on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dimtimjim
Deadly wrote: Aled said non team members.

Sorry, I interpreted that as 'current' team... Rachel was very influential, hence my thinking.
By Yudster
dimtimjim wrote:
Deadly wrote: Aled said non team members.

Sorry, I interpreted that as 'current' team... Rachel was very influential, hence my thinking.

I agree that Rachel was absolutely key to a lot of what TCMS was and is all about - but again, I didn't include her as I assumed she was "team".
By dimtimjim
Edited my post to suit, soz Guys and Gals.
By MK Chris
OK, here we go - I've borrowed some from other people as I've read down and thought "oh yeah!"

Mr and Mrs Moyles Senior
Sandy, Richard and the jingle singers
Gary Barlow
The press (as opposed to the Mail specifically - others have played a big part too)
Holly McCall ("International Radio 1")
Emile
Weird Al
Howard Stern
Andy Parfitt
Rob DJ
By MK Chris
That's cheating - you have to pick 10! Presumably Aled is going to tot them up and do an overall top ten?
By Nicola_Red
jamiec21 wrote:Weird Al - never 'appeared' as such

Yes he did! His interview was the first ever sound clip I made for this site.
By dimtimjim
He did, but a show appearance wasn't the question. WA def had influence on CM.
By Nicola_Red
Anyway, my 10:

Rob DJ
Sandy Beech
Andi Peters
Roy Walker
Holly (I'm not sure of her surname - assume she has Matthew's but can't recall what that is...)
Mr & Mrs Moyles
Gary Barlow
Andy Parfitt
Longman
And the listeners.
By Nicola_Red
dimtimjim wrote:He did, but a show appearance wasn't the question. WA def had influence on CM.

I agree 100% - just responding to Jamie's statement that Weird Al had never appeared on the show.
By shabangabang
Rob DJ
Parf Daddy
Greyhead
Security man on the door when Chris gets some 'fresh air'
McFly
Gary Barlow
Sophie
Big Steve - some of the most memorable moments, and tour manager for Folk Face
Nicola_Red - has effectively run the chrismoyles.net website for us diehard fans
and most importantly The Listeners. What is a show when no-one listens
By dimtimjim
shabangabang wrote:Nicola_Red - has effectively run the chrismoyles.net website for us diehard fans

No one likes a creep. Well, Nic might, but.... :wink:
By Nicola_Red
Aw, that's really not true - Chris Harris is the person you should be thanking! But it's nice of you to mention my name anyway :)
By dimtimjim
Yeah, no one has mentioned Mr Harris' wallet - some thanks due there probably...
By JenL
Excluding Rachel and Carrie as assuming they are 'Team'

Jimmy Carr
Rob DJ
Gary Barlow
Davina McCall
McFly(day)
Andi Peters
Jingle Singers
James Cordan
The families of the team (Jayne, Nic, Emile etc)
The Listeners, especially on the text.
By R94N
dimtimjim wrote:
shabangabang wrote:Nicola_Red - has effectively run the chrismoyles.net website for us diehard fans

No one likes a creep. Well, Nic might, but.... :wink:

She seems to get along with you pretty well...!
By DarroM
Topher wrote:That's cheating - you have to pick 10! Presumably Aled is going to tot them up and do an overall top ten?

Ok, that I will do good sir!

Andy Parfitt
Rob DJ
The Jingles team (Sandy, Richard etc)
Andi Peters due to the growing friendship Chris and him have had over the years from doing TOTP until now (not sure if they were friends before that now)
Listeners because there wouldn't be a show without them and some of the more infamous ones on features etc (Rob frnm Stoke, Angelo etc)
Roy Walker since he has been there from the start despite the hiatus or two. Going to miss his "great" singing skills
The press (for spouting the same old nonense time and time again that fortunately for us made for some great radio whenever Chris talked about a story or two)
Gary Barlow for making Chris do the unthinkable in climbing the mountain 3 and a half years ago and becoming closer to Chris and the show because of it.
Bit of a copout but the family and partners of the team members as one always made for interesting and entertaining radio. Dave is a different person now than he was back when the show started and has matured in some way thanks to his relationship he had with Jayne and their daughter Nicole is a good example.
Will Kinder (I don't know if he would count since he technically was a team member from time to time but he is the guy behind the videos and things like that in the later years and I assume he was one of the guys behind the whole Marathon show video coverage). Just can't think of anyone else.

Is it wrong that I don't have a clue who Smashie and Nicey are?
By SAV1OUR
This is quite interesting, the only figure in the shadows I have ever pondered is Chris's brother, he seems proper intelligent.

So, heckers, heres my list after being mildly intoxicated:

1. Dominick the Donkey
2. Sweep
3. Warrington John
4. the Soph
5. Jayne
6. Andrew Lloyd Webber - The troof will out!! *sigh*
7. Smashie
8. Nicey
9. Kermit the Frog
10. Miss Piggy
By bwfcol
Ant - podcasts and great montages
Gary Barlow and Comic Relief people - for the rallies, mountains and marathon shows
Roy Walker - obviously
Ceefax/BBC Weather - obvious reasons
Paul Turner - mainly for pronouncing Norwich incorrectly
Jingle singers/Sandy - amazing jungles!
Billy on Security and security on OBs for keeping you safe
By MK Chris
DarroM wrote:Is it wrong that I don't have a clue who Smashie and Nicey are?

Absolutely yes...

They are characters from Harry Enfield and Chums (or possibly Harry Enfield's Television Programme, the precursor to Harry Enfield and Chums).
They are a parody of the Tony Blackburn style of deejay - give it a look on Youtube.
By dimtimjim
They were two DJ's created for comedy value but which were taking a direct dig at the radio 1 DJ's of the day (DLT for example). The R1 line up changed very soon after with new younger tallent being brought in.

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]