The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
You're right, I'd probably put them in bubble wrap and hand them over a post office counter. Or something.

It's gone now anyway. A tenner for special delivery postage, ouch.
You're right Ian, they could! :)

Nah, I was adamant that I didn't want to make people feel like they had to contribute, after all this was my idea and I was prepared to spend the cash needed to make it happen. I know everyone's skint these days! But I think five people have pitched in financially, and I made sure their names went into the acknowledgements at the end of the book.
Yeah, it is. I haven't calculated the final costs - all the paper that the tributes are actually printed on (except my cream lined A4), all the backings and borders, and a lot of the printer ink were my mum's anyway, so I wouldn't like to think how much I would owe her. I did buy her a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat though!
Hotel Chocolat is the best. If I get something from there at Christmas this bloody diet will have been worth it.

Their champagne truffles are the best in the world.
I know. She's saving them for after her holiday to New York cos she doesn't want to put weight on before she goes :)
I think I gained two pounds just from typing "hotel chocolat". :(
Last edited by Yudster on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's fine with me - the only person who I feel maybe we shouldn't put up (at least initially) is Sunny as she doesn't come here anymore and she's also deleted her Twitter, so it's difficult to check with her.
By Termy
Ohhhhhhh! Yay! Awesome, that was quick! ^_^
Seeing it in Aled's hands now suddenly makes it a lot more... definite. Can't wait for Chris and the rest of Radio 1 to see it.
Yeah, Aled advised me to post it signed for, and special delivery which is guaranteed next day was only 50p more than recorded, so I went for that. The guy told me it wasn't guaranteed to get there before 1pm but it obviously did!
I was just like that when I read them for the first time. I didn't read them as they were coming in, so pasting them into documents to print out was the first time I'd seen them - it really strikes you how much the show has meant to so many people.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]