The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By northernsteve
slaphead1982 wrote:
hdsport82 wrote:I assume Grimmy will want his own people (including Matt Fincham) involved anyway.

I still can't get passed that. After being knocked back from producing shows through the years that he was on Chris' show, Less than a year after leaving the show to go and produce Nick, Matt gets to produce the breakfast show. Now that's good luck.

It's not unknown for somebody to go from Breakfast Show Assistant Producer to Breakfast Show Producer. A certain Aled Haydn Jones did just that.

I wonder if Freya will stay on as Day Producer for Grimmy?
By chrisjames
Another possibility is that Chris could do saturdays,and Vernon and Sara could co-present a show on sundays.They have done a few shows together recently. Would they be prepared to share after all these years doing their own thing though?
By Quincy
its interesting when people say they will switch off and listen. i would guess about half will. but the whole point is the people that stop listening arent the listners they are targeting anyway. new younger listeners will come in and replace the switch offs.

Personally i would like him on north norfolk digital. Or a podcast. they could make lot of £££ there. But whatever he does, it shouldnt be tv!
By swaddon1903
The Daily Mirror today are trotting out the "Chris Moyles will be doing a 1980s show on BBC Radio 2" story from a couple of months ago. They obviously don't read the Daily Mail, as the Mail claims that Chris knows nothing about music.
By wireman2004
Maybe Chris will not get grimmys. Or any currant slot.

Why.not have Ben.cooper change the whole.daytime lineup.

Eg.

06:30 - 09:00. Nick grimshaw
09:00 - 12:00. Chris moyles.
12:00 - 12:15. Newsbeat
12:15 - 14:00. fern cotton.
14:00 - 17:00. Scott mills.
17:00 - 17:45. Greg James.
17:45 - 18:00. Newsbeat
18:00 - 20:00. Greg James.
20:00 - 22:00. Zane Lowe.
22:00 - 00:00. Matt Edmondson.
00:00 - 02:00. Night dj.
02:00 - 04:00. Night dj.
04:00 - 06:30. Dev.

Or someyhing like this.
Current show times till 9pm then
21:00 - 00:00. The late show with Chris moyles.

Both changes get rid of the tedious 9pm - 10pm slot
By chrisjames
Chris would never do a late night show.Tiny audience compared to daytime and after 8 and a half years of going to bed early(ish) probably would like the chance to have a life in the evenings again
By BBQ
Quincy wrote:its interesting when people say they will switch off and listen. i would guess about half will. but the whole point is the people that stop listening arent the listners they are targeting anyway. new younger listeners will come in and replace the switch offs.

How are they going to get these new, younger listeners? Do they expect to get it through promoting it heavily on Fearne's show?
Sorry but I don't know where these teens are going to appear out of thin air.
By Fathomer
Aled seems to know where Moyles is going which he didn't a couple of days ago so I think we can safely assume a announcement this week.
By Nicola_Red
BBQ wrote:
Quincy wrote:its interesting when people say they will switch off and listen. i would guess about half will. but the whole point is the people that stop listening arent the listners they are targeting anyway. new younger listeners will come in and replace the switch offs.

How are they going to get these new, younger listeners? Do they expect to get it through promoting it heavily on Fearne's show?
Sorry but I don't know where these teens are going to appear out of thin air.

I assume the assumption (and that's a lot of assuming) is that they won't have been listening before cos they see Moyles as too old and irrelevant to them, and now a younger, hipper DJ is taking over they'll switch on. That's how listeners become listeners, after all - out of 'thin air'.
By chrisjames
Fathomer wrote:Aled seems to know where Moyles is going which he didn't a couple of days ago so I think we can safely assume a announcement this week.

I've just realised he can't accept any offers of a radio show other than radio One till his contract expires in january 2014 so that rules out him doing another breakfast show for at least 18 months.That was a clever move by Radio One .Stops him being a rival to Nick Grimshaw till at least 2014. I bet it was always their plan to drop him a year into the 2 and a half year contract.They kind of tricked him .By finishing the contract in jan 2014 they clearly implied he would stay on breakfast till the 10th anniversary.I don't think they ever had any intention of letting him do the 10 years though
By The Deadly
Chris can quit and save the BBC a lot of money per year. He can then work where he likes.

Please stop posting as if you know the details of his contract. You've been told several times by a moderator to stop doing it but you don't listen. You're clearly a fan of the show and I have no issue with your posts related to the show but you spend half the time posting as if you're Chris' agent. None of us know anything about his contract and unless you're Ben Cooper neither do you.
By Nicola_Red
Have you seen the post in the Moyles Holidays thread? I really don't think he knows he's doing it.
By The Deadly
I'm not sure I want to.... I want to block him but he's normally posting within seconds if something big happens regarding the show so I don't want to miss that.
By chrisjames
Sorry.The announcement on wednesday has got me a bit over excited.maybe it's time I took another break from the forum.I'll try not to post again for a bit
By shamrock student
Really hope the Moyles " re-invention" is not some sort of pre-recorded Radio 1 stories type show. To move Chris from his current team show or live presenting format would be a big disappointment
By bmstinton93
You would be correct. She still reads this site as well and often makes a point about people mentioning her on here on unofficial mills.
By wireman2004
bmstinton93 wrote:You would be correct. She still reads this site as well and often makes a point about people mentioning her on here on unofficial mills.

So.ill he honnored to.have distasteful.remarks.about me on um in the not to.distant future.
Cool.
By Fathomer
In the last week I've moved to hoping that Chris does leave Radio 1. I dont think it would work if they continue elsewhere and it would be better for his career, and indeed the station, if he leaves. I say that as a superfan.

BTW- I bet millions that whenever Steve Wright leaves his afternoon programme on R2 Moyles will be his successor.
By James H
I can still see Chris going to commercial radio, if it's the right station and the right price. He mick-takes commercial radio because he works at the Beeb.

With the BBC Trust and stuff, the BBC can't offer the salaries commercial radio can offer. I'm sure Capital would love to pay him tons of money to rejoin them.

Again, all speculation though... What he is planning to do in January 2014 no one can possibly know, except Chris!
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up