The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By neilt0
doby wrote:He's seemingly spamming his own twitter with the link to that second video. 6 tweets, 6! And with not much in between.

It comes across a tad desperate.

And only ~9,000 views for the video, which is pretty low. There can be a lag when it comes to YouTube updating the view counts, but I don't think it's a 5 day lag, unless anyone knows better -- CryspyTom probably knows more about that.
By JayE
doby wrote:He's seemingly spamming his own twitter with the link to that second video. 6 tweets, 6! And with not much in between.

It comes across a tad desperate.

Would you do anything differently if you were in his position? He has no job and is slowly becoming more and more irrelevant, hell I don't even listen to old CM shows anymore, I've moved on.
By doby
JayE wrote:Would you do anything differently if you were in his position? He has no job and is slowly becoming more and more irrelevant, hell I don't even listen to old CM shows anymore, I've moved on.

Well if he was serious about his youtube channel he should be getting out 1 video a day, not 1 a week. Its become pretty obvious he's not going to get a following just because hes linking it on his twitter account that has 3.3 million followers.

I know all those 3.3 million wont be active accounts but if we do the maths using the 18 thousand views from his first video as an example, he's only managing to reach just over 0.5% of his twitter audience. Basically nobody cares.

He needs compelling content, he needs to vlog his life (yes i realise the irony of describing Chris' life as 'compelling'). What he gets up to, his thoughts, his feelings, that first 30 mins of the radio show in a vlog basically. But most importantly of all he needs people to do it with. Chris on his own just doesn't work imo.

Would he do it though? Probably not.

I know it seems that's what he's trying to do with these weekly videos but to me it seems very diluted and too managed.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote: The wife of Tom Fletcher from Mcfly has 29,000 on her first vlog and she's not even famous.

True, but she does have nicer boobs. Oh yeah. :wink:
By Topher
dimtimjim wrote:Oh yeah.

It is now impossible to see those two words alone in a sentence without thinking of Vector.

By Yudster
Why are you all assuming that Chris is not working? Just because he isn't doing anything you know about? He could be writing, producing, consulting - a whole host of things that wouldn't put him in the public eye directly. He seems to be back and forwards to LA pretty regularly, I doubt that's just because he enjoys spending shedloads of money if he has no income. I have no doubt that he is working - just not in front of a camera or microphone.
By The Deadly
Looks like this video thing is the way forward. New video advertised.

Why he's not doing a weekly podcast still amazes me to this day.
By swaddon1903
Part 3 is up now.

SPOILER ALERT

He goes to the gym and then gets his hair cut. And there's a surprise guest towards the end.
By swaddon1903
I like these videos. I know he's not getting the views you would expect, but at least he's doing something different and it's obviously something he enjoys doing. It's very much in the style of what he used to do on the radio, in my opinion.
By ChrisBoyles
Personally, they're too stage managed.
More importantly they're boring and not very funny.
The beauty of moyles on radio was that immediate aural impact...The rants, the jokes, the TEAM...The feeling that the listener was 'in on it', part of the gang.
ALL that is missing here.
He isn't working. But a multi millionaire with properties and an investment portfolio at his age doesn't NEED to work (why don't people understand that?)
These video demonstrates that he's slowly becoming an old boring far, toning down for radio 2 listenership.
By Yudster
I think a fair bit of his accumulated "background wealth" was swallowed up repaying all that tax plus whatever else he was required to do - but yes, I'm sure you're right, he's probably got plenty. I still don't see any evidence that he isn't working though. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and he is eminently employable - why wouldn't he be employed?
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote:I think a fair bit of his accumulated "background wealth" was swallowed up repaying all that tax plus whatever else he was required to do - but yes, I'm sure you're right, he's probably got plenty. I still don't see any evidence that he isn't working though. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and he is eminently employable - why wouldn't he be employed?

Wot she sed.
By chrysostom
The final bill will have come to around £400k - I think I did a big approximation which put his net worth at around £10m (based on guesswork), so probably wouldn't have made 'that' much of a dent
By Emmy
Anyone remember that 'boring video' task the C.M.S team once did whilst on holiday? Chris' videos are reminding me of that, he really doesn't lead an interesting/showbizzy enough life to make them worthwhile subscribing to. He should have had a word with his new friends Ant and Dec about the whole idea. I saw an interview they did recently post some awards show where the interviewer suggested they do a ITV2 reality type series. Their faces were a picture, they looked completely incredulous at the idea and explained that as all they do is play golf, go to the pub/each others' houses, watch lots of telly and maybe get their hair cut (!) it would be incredibly boring. Although I would imagine that many more people would watch their vlogs, however uninteresting, than would watch Chris'. It has been nice to see and hear from Chris again, but for me, his videos do seem to be quite pointless.
By Badger Mark
The Deadly wrote:I think the main thing is he has the buzz to do something again. It's very trial and error in the early stages.

Have to agree with this. These first several videos could very well just be him dipping his toe in to gauge the reaction. It's been so long since we heard from him, I don't see a problem waiting a bit more to see if he takes this in any specific direction.
By swaddon1903

The latest one is available now. It's a bit weird, I think.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up