The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By NickUrquhart
This is awful, it's liking having bread without butter. Cereal without milk. Radio 1 Breakfast Show without Chris Moyles?!

I think having Nick Grimshaw replace Chris is the worst decision ever as well. It's career suicide for a DJ to follow Moyles footsteps...

I hope Chris goes to Radio 2 and gets the Breakfast Show slot. I know I for one won't be tuning into Radio 1 in the morning anymore. Wonder how many listeners they will lose. Chris is the only reason I listen to Radio 1 these days, and I'm 24 and in the "Younger Listener" bracket.

I just hope wherever Chris and the team go that they doesn't go to a regional station.

Also, are the whole team leaving the morning slot, or "just" Chris?
By hdsport82
NickUrquhart wrote:Also, are the whole team leaving the morning slot, or "just" Chris?

I think they all are Ben Cooper has already said the new show won't be a 'zoo format' show. They might have regular news/sport readers by I doubt it will be Dom (who's freelance) Tina perhaps might stay but I'm not convinced. I assume Grimmy will want his own people (including Matt Fincham) involved anyway.
By bubblerob
Had t join 2day t put my 2peneth in, lovin the Moyles since hop on baby, Radio 5 has gotta b the way, only bad bits of his show was the Radio 1 playlist, half o time used t flick to Talk Sport or Radio 5 during the bilge he had to play, just hope the last show isn't as emotional as Mark n Lard's where i actually shead a tear!!! Plus think Grimmy is a good shout, although im over 30 so Radio 1 probably won't like that!!
By chrisjames
Deadly wrote:How secure is Chris Evans on Radio 2 breakfast?

9.2 million listeners in the last RAJARS. I'd say he's pretty secure!
By Travis Bickle
chrisjames wrote:why is there not an option for Radio one weekday slot among the choices? Will Chris be content just to do a show at weekends?

I can see him being very secure with that. If he does do a weekday show I can see it only being Monday-Thursday.
By Nicola_Red
chrisjames wrote:You don't think he's going to be appointed deputy controller or something do you? 8O

Stop being so preposterous. Seriously.
By The Deadly
I can't see Chris doing a regular slot on radio 1. He has a lot of other projects which in the main fit in around the timing of the breakfast show. A lot of the TV he does is filmed at night and the 10pm Grimmy slot would be difficult for him to commit to.
By Travis Bickle
fish heads wrote:Reinvent himself by taking Grimmy's current slot? Stranger things have happened.

I dont think it will happen, but I'd settle for that.
By fish heads
Deadly wrote:I can't see Chris doing a regular slot on radio 1. He has a lot of other projects which in the main fit in around the timing of the breakfast show. A lot of the TV he does is filmed at night and the 10pm Grimmy slot would be difficult for him to commit to.

Not really - I mean it's a long shot, but Quiz Night and Love Machine are block filmed over a week or so, easy enough to arrange around the radio. Probably won't happen, but a cool idea to throw in the mix
By Candyman
Interesting comments made here.

My thoughts are this.

I think he will do weekends maybe with Dave, this way he has the week to his TV projects Quiz Night, Love Machine (how Love Machine got picked up for a second series just puzzles me 8O ) and maybe others projects he may have/get.

Podcast would be excellent but I can't see him going down that road just yet, maybe in a few years, but I'm not sure he will

Grimshaw I'd give him two years max, the audience will little by little fall which I'm sure R1 are prepared for as they will get the teenagers but everybody else will be off, so I wonder what they see as acceptable because they can forget 8 million when Chris leaves I think he will do well to stay above 7, and I know it's irelavent but the gap between him and Evans will widen.
I think the format mentioned by Ben Cooper it just boring and safe, might of worked on nights but on a breakfast slot I don't think it will sound not much different from what you hear on local tin pot radio breakfast show, and so has no unique selling point nothing to make it stand out and get peoples attention, unlike what Chris and the team bring everyday, and people will tune away and try other stations and there are so many now with digital and internet. Good luck Nick, you will need all you can get.
By SAV1OUR
It's been ages since I've heard Vernon, I sometimes forget he's still there - If he's going back to weekends then I'd hope he'll hang out with Vernon - it would be like going full circle to the Saturday shows again - which I never heard. A nice way to spend the rest of his time there, just mucking about, but whatever he does next til 2014 I hope he retains some freedom now that the burden of responsibility - and those awful early mornings are gone.

Beyond that, I don't know about New York really, thats a bigger pond, and I've never really seen an accurate breakdown of international listeners - impossible to do those figures. I'd like to think theres an American market for him, but hey ho.
By dimtimjim
Yes, the news has sunk in a lot more for me now too. Whats on my mind most now is the question, what next for Chris, and the team? Knowing the answer to that would really help put my mind at rest.

I hope they get some sort of decent show on R1 for 18 months, but can't really see an obvious slot for them. Maybe a late night un-cut show, but...

I get the impression that although proposed for some time, the actual date is a recent decision and a quick reaction to it. I do wander how much Dave and Dom are fearing for the future. Sure, Chris will be ok, in one way or the other, but Dave and Dom less so. We'll see, but I genuinely wish them all the best.
By The Deadly
I am no fan of Scott Mills but the show he did with Chris at Hackney was really funny. What if bosses paired them up to do the 1pm slot together?

As for Dave and Dom I think Dave will get a lot of work on 5 Live and Dom is doing some voiceover work for the JCSS live shows and I'd imagine with the spare time not being on the show he'd have time to do more of that kind of thing. He does have an excellent local radio voice though so it would be no shock to me if he were to be offered a show at BBC Norfolk.
By NickUrquhart
I think we need a petition:

Save the Saviour!

The more I think about it, the more stupid the idea of having Grimshaw on in the morning is. Bad bad move by Radio 1. Is their aim to lose listeners? That's all they'll be doing.
By chrysostom
They'll lose a lot of listeners, but gain ones that they see as being relevant. It's understandable from Radio 1's side, just a shame that there's no BBC station that would suit Chris & the team on breakfast.
By R94N
Petitions won't help. A thread already covered that and it fell flat on its face simply because the decision has already been made.
By chrisjames
If Chris does a weekend show it will almost certainly be saturday and sunday 10am-1pm .That would be great for Chris and us of course,but it would probably mean that Vernon and Sara would have to leave Radio One to make way for him. That might be Ben Coopers plan anyway so he can promote more of the younger DJs on to the daytime line up.
I expect there wil be an announcement of the new schedule in the n ext week or 2 .
Changing the breakfast show normally means a much bigger reshuffle on a radio station. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Deacon brought back to do a weekend daytime show, or possibly he could take over early breakfast. Dev deserves somethign better after 3 years stuck on that slot after all
Last edited by chrisjames on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Nicola_Red
chrisjames wrote: Dev deserves something better after 3 years stuck on that slot after all

I agree with that. Dunno who they'd want to put on early breakfast though. Someone like Gemma Cairney or Jameela Jamil maybe.
By chrisjames
Yes they might want to have a female presenter on that slot. Gemma Cairney would be great on it,but would it seem like a demotion from weekend breakfast? I wonder if they'll want a new early breakfast show to go with the new breakfast show or if they'll stick with Dev to be on the safe side

Also I wonder if the new breakfast show will stil be 6.30-10am or a different time slot. They could finish it at 9.30 and extend Fearnes show for example. I hope they give us all the details soon!
Last edited by chrisjames on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Candyman
chrisjames wrote:If Chris does a weekend show it will almost certainly be saturday and sunday 10am-1pm .That would be great for Chris and us of course,but it would probably mean that Vernon and Sara would have to leave Radio One to make way for him. That might be Ben Coopers plan anyway so he can promote more of the younger DJs on to the daytime line up.
I expect there wil be an announcement of the new schedule in the n ext week or 2 .
Changing the breakfast show normally means a much bigger reshuffle on a radio station. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Deacon brought back to do a weekend daytime show, or possibly he could take over early breakfast. Dev deserves somethign better after 3 years stuck on that slot after all

Perfect, Chris is back on Saturdays and maybe Sundays and at the same time we get rid of Vernon and Sarah (not big fans of either) especially if its true about Vernon being gone in September.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]