The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Emmy
I saw CP trending too, but there did seem to be a fair emount of 'good on you' anti-Moyles type comments too. No surprise there though! I thought the clip was quite funny, it was amusing to see Packham get so angry and annoyed about someone he has (I'm guessing) never met, never has to, and can so easily avoid seeing or hearing.
I think what annoys me about all this anti-Moyles bashing is it's from people who listened to his afternoon show once back in 1999/2000 & assume he's exactly the same person, he's not as people on here can tell thanks to the archive. That's what annoys me, sure I can understand people disliking him back then but he has matured a lot back then & is a hell of a lot more likeable, there have been celebs (and "celebs) I've disliked in the past but when people have told me that they are decent I have given them a second chance & half the time I actually grow to like them. Sadly some people get an instant impression on a person & refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.
By Evs
I really am a fan of Packham but he just trotted out the usual Moyles cliches

I'd go as far to say that Chris Moyles is the most misrepresented and misunderstood celebrity in the UK.

He's an extrovert loudmouth It's possible that it's too subtle but Moyles, to me, seems fairly shy and introverted and his outward persona on radio is an effort to him (though you can see him relax into it sometimes when he's on comfy ground like a guest he knows well or a topic he's particularly enthusastic about).
He's arrogant Anything he says that appears arrogant is almost always with tongue firmly in cheek
He's boastful He is actually constantly self-depreciating to the point of putting himself down too much from time to time
He's self obsessedHe is intensely private and clearly has certain things that aren't allowed to crossover between real life Chris and radio Chris
He does encourage the team to open up on air an bring their lives to the nation every morning due to the nature of the show but there's still a deep level of privacy.
He's thick and uneducated Chris knows a lot about some things and not a lot about other things. He's just like most people and that helps him reach out to the audience.
He relies on a sycophantic team The team rib Chris as much as the other way round and the dynamic works because Chris can riff with or against any or all of the team members on any given day.

I'm not saying he's perfect - like anyone you can criticise him for certain things but he gets way more than his fair share and I suspect it does bother him in some way even if it's just a bit tiring.

What I can't work out is if people listen to the show and don't hear things the same ways as me or whether they just make laszy assumptions and never listen at all.

Chris is a fashionable person to dislike it seems.
jsnsmith wrote:Let's face it. If your not a fan of animal hospital, chances are you've probably never heard of Chris Peckham.

?

Don't you mean the really wild show? Or have they dragged animal hospital back from the grave?
By SAV1OUR
I'm with johnny on this one. The jokes on the haters cos while he embodies a blunt instrument..What's actually happened is that he HAS indeed evolved as he now has a public persona with his smart-looking telly show.

However he mustve been wondering how the fates decided that this pillock would slag him on the night of CMQN's series finale.
I feel sorry for Chris (Moyles).It doesnt matter how hard he tries to change his image by doing stuff for charity or losing weight etc, people wil always judge him according to the preconceived image of him that was formed about a decade ago. He can't win! It must have been a bit hurtful to Chris if he watched it to hear the crowd applaud so enthusiastically and cheer when Packham made such a vicious attack.It was also unfair to Aled to have attacked him as producer of the show,comparing him to a monkey!
It was R101. The entire point is people name names - and it's rather shameful in general.

I think Skinner looked a bit uncomfortable and has a hard job - he must often face people he disagrees with or who name his friends.

Chris mocks celebrities for entertainment (Piers Morgan), it's just the same thing.
Didn't know who Chris Packham was before Room101, still don't know now.

The fact he tried putting humans into Room101 says it all really.
Indeed. I never heard of him either.

He has a right to dislike CM and to talk about it on 101. CM has a right to call him a self-aggrandising toff** on the radio. End of.

** except CM wouldn't know what "self-aggrandising" meant of course
Packham is clearly a prick anyway. He tried to put humans in - which is quite a good one to pick if you argue it right, but he didn't. As for kids art, well - obviously people without kids won't like it, but to say that if he's invited into someone's house it becomes a public place is a nonsense. It's a private place that he has been invited into. If he truly did tear up his friend's child's painting because it was on his friend's fridge, well then he's a bigger odious * than he painted Moyles to be.
Last edited by MK Chris on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
d000hg wrote:Chris mocks celebrities for entertainment, it's just the same thing.

I agree. Moyles slates loads of people and now someone has slated him. So what? We all disagree with what Packham said, but plenty of people will have agreed with him.
Travis Bickle wrote:
d000hg wrote:Chris mocks celebrities for entertainment, it's just the same thing.

I agree. Moyles slates loads of people and now someone has slated him. So what? We all disagree with what Packham said, but plenty of people will have agreed with him.

The crowds reaction to when Chris's face popped up would prove your point.
But let's look at the facts. Room 101 has been brought back so most of the audience may be there because they remember the original version which by generalisation means they don't know Chris for how he is now. Instead they last heard him when he was a lad (To put it politley). Or they may never have heard before but just whent along with what they read about him. I thought Packhams veiw was a HUGE overeaction to Mr. Moyles but it was a veiw non the less.
Either way. Chris IS a celeb and as such will have lovers and haters.
I agree with Evs. Nice post there.
They said they were going to play out the audio of it this morning and then never did, I wonder why? I was really looking forward to hearing Chris talk/rant about it. It annoys me when they 'trail' something and then don't do it. They could have used up some of the time they banged on and on and on about that ticket allocation thing on it. Dear god, that was tedious.
richbrown wrote:Anyone else find it odd that the BBC would put a show out on BBC One, in a primetime slot on a Friday, that has someone attack the flagship show of it's own youth radio station and make nasty personal remarks against Chris? If I was Chris I'd be fuming.

then again chris slated graham nortons prime time bbc1 flagship saturday night show i recall
I thought they must have played the audio when I was in the bathroom or in Starbucks or something. It is odd that they didn't. I guess it was just cos they rattled on about the Hackney bloody weekend for so long.
Uglybob wrote:
richbrown wrote:Anyone else find it odd that the BBC would put a show out on BBC One, in a primetime slot on a Friday, that has someone attack the flagship show of it's own youth radio station and make nasty personal remarks against Chris? If I was Chris I'd be fuming.

then again chris slated graham nortons prime time bbc1 flagship saturday night show i recall

But there is a difference between Chris going off on one which I'm sure Aled has paid for on numerous occasions, and a heavily produced show where the production team would have gone through the guests choices thoroughly to make sure they were TV friendly, not overlapping, etc. For them to green-light Moyles as one of the choices seems a bit strange.
By SAV1OUR
I think Chris may have chickened out.

And I agree with him! Why would you wanna play a clip of the audience cheering for all the wrong reasons? As I've always stated - Moyles doesn't need to seek approval from the middle classes and their holier-than-thou view of themselves. Twatham not liking Chris means he's doing his job and pissing off all the right people. End of story, we have a rant already locked safely in the sound vault - a place where we keep all the things we treasure, as opposed to loathe.

Prickham must stink of bird shit and won't it be long before we get to watch him doing what dean gaffney did best in another 'really wild' place on the other side of the world? :)
SAV1OUR wrote:Twatham

SAV1OUR wrote:Prickham

I think we've now exhausted the 'try to make a funny word from his name' strand.
Nicola_Red wrote:I think we've now exhausted the 'try to make a funny word from his name' strand.

Chris 'Packs 'em' [into his backside]
Piss Kraken
Fish Crack Man
Stiff Cack'um
Neil Warnock.

I'm done.

But seriously, this guy doesn't like Pandas - which means I DON'T LIKE HIM.

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]