The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Andy B
Also, no-one had a clear idea of why Portsmouth has the nickname of "Pompey" so if we abandon things just because we don't know why we do them, I'd have to chant "Play up Portsmouth!" and it just doesn't roll off the tongue as well....
By Johnny Karate
aaaaaaah cheers mate, I'd tried to block Pompey from my memory... I feel sick again now
By Andy B
It's a great place to come from. Only cos it means you no longer have to live there!
By Andy B
Ahh, sorry, didn't notice that one. Just imagine how my mate from Reading feels then!
By jeddeth
okay so this is a really stupid question but I have to ask...

Are you brits as obsessed with the foo fighters as radio one would make you out to be? It's like every month theres a new foo fighters special and live gig and whatever. I mean I love the foo's, but enough already, no? There are other great bands out there.
By MK Chris
I think Radio 1 is more obsessed with the Foo Fighters than the average Radio 1 listener.

Having said that, I think they're a great band too.
By Yudster
The Foos are a lot more popular here than in the States, and they are playing to their strengths - doesn't mean we're all obsessed though. I can take em or leave em personally.
By jeddeth
I thought I'd resurect this amazing topic.

Since they joke about it all the time, I'm beginning to wonder what Mullard is?

Why is this yogurt/ mullard joke funny? Or not funny as the case may be. It's over my head.

Also, isn't it weird how Chris has been making more and more American references lately? (i.e. Liutenant Vs Left Tenant... and the saying about a dime today)
By Console
To be 'mullered' is to be off your head, out of it, and Muller is a maker of yoghurts. Even knowing that, though, it still isn't funny.
By Andy B
Ah I miss this thread. Whatever happened to Johhny Karate?

I like Dom's Mullered joke.
By Yudster
I liked Johnny Karate. Nice to see you again Jeddeth, as long as TuckerGreyhound stays clear we'll be fine.
By Boboff
I think it was a good joke. 14 pots of yoghurt, I was Mullered, laugh !

Vernons jokes on Saturday

A man with 5 willes, had pants that fit like a glove.

Have you ever been to a duck do ?

Whats a Duck Do ?

QUACK QUACK..........

Funny.

So Jedeth, a lying head taking ex presidents wife, or a half caste with a Pastor whose of his head ?
By jeddeth
I feel the need to resurrect this thread!

This one has me stumped: After the Global Holiday Party the team was talking about mixed drinks and Chris and Dom both mentioned Vodka and "Jelly." My best guess is that this is Cranberry Juice? Can anyone explain, this is not a term we use in America.
By dimtimjim

Dis $hit ^^^

Mix with 25% less water and top up with Voddy and leave to set as normal.

Great way to piss the kids off at a party when they get confused as to why they aren't allowed the jelly (jell-o).
By Badger Mark
TPullen21 wrote:Jelly for us is Jell-o for you. It's basically Jell-o with vodka mixed in with it before it sets :).

When I heard that bit in the show, I assumed they were referring to Jello shots. Good to see this confirmed.

I had no idea this thread even existed! I'll have to keep in mind next time I hear a reference to something or someone that leaves me clueless. To be honest, when I first saw the thread title, I thought it might be questions asking about stupid things that Americans do. Lord knows, we do a lot of dumb things.
By jeddeth
dimtimjim wrote:Dis $hit ^^^

Mix with 25% less water and top up with Voddy and leave to set as normal.

Great way to piss the kids off at a party when they get confused as to why they aren't allowed the jelly (jell-o).

Thanks everyone! We do call those "Jello Shots," they are very popular here too, haha.

Ok next question.... what the hell is a bolteen? I don't know if I'm spelling it right, but that guy in the commercial needs a bolteen, he's holding out for a bolteen lamb tikka tonight? Is that the name of a restaurant or a delivery service website or something?
By Topher
Balti! It's a type of curry invented in Birmingham (not Alabama).
By jeddeth
Thanks! I did some research and found that it's this dumb advert for Just Eat, which I am guessing is a delivery website. In New York the biggest one is "Seamless." Nonetheless, I had no idea what they were saying, I thought it was a fast-food restaurant called "Justice" or something.

Also I looked up Balti on Seamless and only found 3 restaurants in New York that even offer it on their menu! Odd for something that seems so common in the UK. But to be honest I've never see king prawn balls on a menu either.

Thursday show is up