The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By jeddeth
Sometimes things that happen on the show go over my head... I thought this would be the prefect place to get some answers!

I'll start off small...

1. Who is roy walker? I get that he was a famous comedian and the host of a game show, but what does he do now? Does he really come to the studio every day for just 10 minutes? He doesn't even really do anything, many of his parts are pre-recorded and Chris reads the clues, so what's the point? This is one of my least favorite features on the show, I just don't see the appeal.

2. Does Chris realize that he and Drew Barrymore share the same birthday? I always thought there was something behind that coincidence and the fact that they don't get along. Opinions?
By ~bex~
Roy Walker is pretty much famous for hosting a game show called "Catchphrase", which Car Park Catchphrase is based on. He doesn't really do much now that I'm aware of. And no, he doesn't come to the studio every day - all his bits are prerecorded.

And I have no idea whether Chris knows he and Drew Barrymore have the same birthday.
By jeddeth
they pre-record ALL of car park catch phrase? That's impressive considering that some of his reactions definately seem to actually acknowledge the live discussion with the callers. I understand that the intros, outros and some daily repeating bits are prerecorded, but it always seems to me to be a mix of the recordings and actual live interaction. Are you sure?
By Boboff
It's true, it's a set up once you know how clever Mr Moyles is he can actually sway the conversation so Roy's reply fits. He does not come to the Studio ever, and really your title sums it up I am sorry to say, but without any anger, that really is a stupid idea !

Sorry
By foot-loose
CPC is probably my favourite feature on the breakfast show.

I've never thought about it from a forgeiners point of view - I suppose if you didn't know of Catchphrase and who Roy Walker was, it could sound a tad odd.
By jeddeth
it's cute, but rarely makes me laugh... I think the problem is the clues... they are just unintersting. But for the most part I am familiar with and able to guess all the chatchphrases... so our language barrier is not really the problem. I just wish it made me laugh as much as the rest of the show.
By jeddeth
I'm curious what his reasons are... I just wanna know if I can proudly fit into his preconcieved stereotypes. I don't think I'm a typical American, I mean what typical American listens to Radio One religiously? :D
jeddeth wrote:I'm curious what his reasons are... I just wanna know if I can proudly fit into his preconcieved stereotypes. I don't think I'm a typical American, I mean what typical American listens to Radio One religiously? :D

Smelly ones?

Its the intellectual ones I don't like. I much prefer the thick ones.
By jeddeth
no, please go ahead. I'm not uptight. I love having the mickey taken out of me. Just try winding me up... I love it!

(do I have my british phrases right?)
jeddeth wrote:no, please go ahead. I'm not uptight. I love having the mickey taken out of me. Just try winding me up... I love it!

(do I have my british phrases right?)

You really shouldn't put Mickey in you.
By Walter Sobchak
charlalottie wrote:I say it. I'm in Kent. Therefore it's said in Kent.

Keep up the good work Charlalottie (I live in hope that there may be a few people in Chicago who may drop the odd Ooo-Arr - but I doubt it - ;)
By foot-loose
S4B wrote:of course if you want to get on with Foot-Loose you could always start every reply to him with "och aye the Nu" :D

It's spelt "noo".

*tuts*

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]