The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By The Dude
Chris Evans wrote:
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:And people wonder why I hate Americans.

Im not sure if i want this to be offensive to you or not, but several of your posts seem to be along this vien..
Question: Is it a way to up your post count or just your lack of understanding about how the written word can be interpreted?
Maybe you meant it in jest, but your lack of smilies would not make reach that conclusion.

I'm 99% sure that "people" dont very often stop and think, hey, i wonder why Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog from that moyle's site hates American's?

May i suggest that if you have nothing to contribute to a thread, that you say nothing at all? I personally find these comments annoying, extremley stupid, and and shows a total lack of intelligence from the poster...

OK, who's going to pick up the toys?
boboff wrote:Now Chris, you make a very good point about the Gas man, and you can interpret his comments in this manner very easily, but all I can do is in his defense vouch for his usual humor, good sense, and his marvelous ironic manner, which is completely self effacing, and without pride or arrogance. So although I do see how you could interpret some comments in the above fashion, it is perhaps best understood that if you choose to interpret them in a positive manner, and meant with much sarcasm and individual compassion, you would be nearer the true intention of the Gas, I feel sure.

Although I may be wrong, I don't believe I am. Try him, he will grow on you I am sure.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

God Bless you Boboff. *weeps*
By Chris Evans
boboff wrote:
Chris Evans wrote:
Im not sure if i want this to be offensive to you or not, but several of your posts seem to be along this vien..
Question: Is it a way to up your post count or just your lack of understanding about how the written word can be interpreted?
Maybe you meant it in jest, but your lack of smilies would not make reach that conclusion.

I'm 99% sure that "people" dont very often stop and think, hey, i wonder why Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog from that moyle's site hates American's?

May i suggest that if you have nothing to contribute to a thread, that you say nothing at all? I personally find these comments annoying, extremley stupid, and and shows a total lack of intelligence from the poster...

Now Chris, you make a very good point about the Gas man, and you can interpret his comments in this manner very easily, but all I can do is in his defense vouch for his usual humor, good sense, and his marvelous ironic manner, which is completely self effacing, and without pride or arrogance. So although I do see how you could interpret some comments in the above fashion, it is perhaps best understood that if you choose to interpret them in a positive manner, and meant with much sarcasm and individual compassion, you would be nearer the true intention of the Gas, I feel sure.

Although I may be wrong, I don't believe I am. Try him, he will grow on you I am sure.

I stand corrected :D

Oh and by the way are you Ginger, and were you married to Billy Piper, if so get a life you're * loaded ! ( PS please see joke thread if you think you may have an opening on one of your shows for Boboff! please call I am soon to retire from Fudge Packing so need an outlet in life)
By jeddeth
you guys are hilarious!

I definitely didn't mean any offense by the "kiss my ass" comment... i just thought that was part of the stereotype... don't Americans go to war and the British do whatever the American's do? If anyone was offended, I dunno. I thought I was just helping to perpetuate an age old beloved stereotype. :D

I am usually a lot funnier than this thread may indicate... I'm just trying to get over the newbie hump. It is difficult to be funny and non-defensive when having to respond to "I hate American's" comments. As I've said, I don't particularly care for Americans much either. But I'll try!
By The Dude
Someone coming onto a forum populated by mostly Brits and accusing their country of being bitches to his own isn't exactly my idea of humour.

But it takes balls and I admire that.

Welcome to the forum jeddeth :)
By jeddeth
Well you could say we Americans are * arses... and I guess you would be correct.

I only joke around because I love you guys. Clearly your government, culture, and morning radio is far ahead of ours.

Isn't is odd that there would be a rift between the American's and the British here on this board? We are all listening to the same morning show, even if I am listening 7 hours later, I don't see why I should be treated any different than any of the British listeners. This row has been more about my newbe status than anything else and with that understanding, I humbly apologize for being born and annoying you all.
By jeddeth
The Dude wrote:Someone coming onto a forum populated by mostly Brits and accusing their country of being bitches to his own isn't exactly my idea of humour.

you guys are much more proud of your nationality than we are. Around here if you're proud to be an American, your probably a redneck hick.
By timp
Welcome jeddeth, I dont find you annoying, its fascinating what you do/don't know about our country. Stick around! (as ahem....you would say!)
By jeddeth
Everything I know, I know from the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Little Britian, Jo Whiley, Chris Moyles, Big Brother 8, Coupling, and Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Karl Pilkington, and Nick Hornby. And I toured 14 cities of your amazing Island last year as a tour manager with the All American Rejects. So I assume I have a very skewed knowledge.
By The Dude
jeddeth wrote:Around here if you're proud to be an American, your probably a redneck hick.

Around here if you're proud to be British, you're considered a racist.
By jeddeth
So it's okay for you guys to hate the British, but I'm not allowed? I feel so left out!

While Chris is on vacation (holiday to you blokes), we should all start listening to french morning radio. It's where we belong.
By Nicola_Red
I don't know why this discussion is going on when nobody has yet questioned the yank n00b about whether he has a sexy accent. Address this please jeddeth, and if you can square up to the lovely Wesley in this department you'll be more than welcome here.
By Yudster
SoR wrote:Hey you could be the next Bill Bryson!

Jeddeth is nowhere near dull enough to be Bill Bryson. No wonder he feels insulted. I wouldn't wish being compared to Bill Bryson on my worst enemy. Poor Jeddeth. And congratulations for surviving the CM.net version of a welcome.
By Yudster
I agree, I'm liking this American more and more!
By foot-loose
Yudster wrote:I'm liking this American more and more!

Is that a new song by the Kaisers?

**clears throat**

"Every day I like you more and more
Its clear to see that you are not a whore
I've got to get this message off the floor
that every day I like you more and more"
By Yudster
Weren't you in The Proclaimers?

Tuesday show is up