The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By neilt0
Someone posted a good question on the CM Reddit:

What do you want to hear on the new show?

Thoughts?

My reply:

As I listen to the old R1 shows, I enjoy Dom more and more, so I hope he'll be on the new show.
Dave was the real sidekick and contributed a great deal, but his grumpiness was quite wearing at times and I'm only in 2009.
Chris needs to get a good team together -- a Comedy Dave replacement and either Aled or someone like him.
Chris + Dom + Aled would be a great start if they can do it.
As for the show format, as long as Chris has people to bounce ideas off, I don't think he needs that tight a format. Features can come up as and when. That is something Dave was good at.
By Nicola_Red
I can't access Reddit at work and I am trying to minimise internet use at home as my shoulder is really bad at the moment, so I'm unlikely to see anything posted there. I also stopped using Twitter last year - well, I tweeted once in Jan, that's it so far this year, and I don't see myself going back in the immediate future. So it would be appreciated if people can continue to repost/summarise what's being said there here - thankyou :)
By James H
Nicola_Red wrote:I can't access Reddit at work and I am trying to minimise internet use at home as my shoulder is really bad at the moment, so I'm unlikely to see anything posted there. I also stopped using Twitter last year - well, I tweeted once in Jan, that's it so far this year, and I don't see myself going back in the immediate future. So it would be appreciated if people can continue to repost/summarise what's being said there here - thankyou :)

No longer down with the kidz eh Nicola? :)
neilt0 wrote:Someone posted a good question on the CM Reddit:

What do you want to hear on the new show?

Thoughts?

My reply:

As I listen to the old R1 shows, I enjoy Dom more and more, so I hope he'll be on the new show.
Dave was the real sidekick and contributed a great deal, but his grumpiness was quite wearing at times and I'm only in 2009.
Chris needs to get a good team together -- a Comedy Dave replacement and either Aled or someone like him.
Chris + Dom + Aled would be a great start if they can do it.
As for the show format, as long as Chris has people to bounce ideas off, I don't think he needs that tight a format. Features can come up as and when. That is something Dave was good at.

Dom was always my favourite, he's very funny especially seeing as he's technically news. I notice that no-one's crying out for Tina to come back (assuming Carrie wouldn't do it, which she wouldn't) :-P I suppose there wasn't a huge amount of chemistry there though.
By nade
Agree with the Dom comments, i've also noticed listening back to old shows that Dom seems to often make a comment on something which then Dave follows up after Dom's said it, so definitely would love to hear the old Chris/Dom/Aled combo and give it a shot.
By matthaze
Nicola_Red wrote:My life is so different now to when the show ended - I'm married, living in a different place and working a different job - I feel like I've left the show behind with my old life.

Chris has probably changed since the R1 show ended three years ago as well. Because that's life. Which is why I'm hoping the new show *IS* different than the old one.

I really hope they don't bring back old bits. I'd love to hear a new, fresh sound. Something unique for all of us who have gornw up. A more grown up Moyles.

The team has moved on. So let's see what new, fresh stuff they can come up with.

Having Dom back is fantastic... who doesn't love Dom?! It'd be great to hear Aled back, since Chris and Aled were close and you could tell there was a mutual respect for each other. Tina isn't going to leave her gig at the BBC, she's doing her own thing there that is quite awesome. Dave's gone, we know that.

Let's hear what something new, fresh and different sounds like. I'm game.
By neilt0
Nicola_Red wrote:I can't access Reddit at work and I am trying to minimise internet use at home as my shoulder is really bad at the moment, so I'm unlikely to see anything posted there. I also stopped using Twitter last year - well, I tweeted once in Jan, that's it so far this year, and I don't see myself going back in the immediate future. So it would be appreciated if people can continue to repost/summarise what's being said there here - thankyou :)

So, assuming Chris returns and is on XFM, we'll need a way to listen to and/or record the show!
I can get XFM on FM where I live, but I am looking at recording the show via DAB. There may be podcasts of the show, but who knows if they will be edited? I'd like to have the option of recording the full shows myself.
So, I looked in to a USB DAB receiver. I think I still have the Psion Wavefinder in the loft somewhere, but I dunno if it will work any more.
I did find this £8 USB stick, which is deceptively versatile: http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEEDOX%C2%AE-RT ... ds=dab+usb and I think I'm going to get one to try it out.
It's a "radio" in a USB stick. As in, it can be used as a software designed radio to pick up any kind of radio signal, from DAB to TV to aircraft comms. Interesting.
http://sdrsharp.com/
Review of the dongle: http://myverdict.net/?p=1894#.VZz0l65Viko
By potters11
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... KHEESjMb50

Greg's excited.

I'm still surprised that he's taking on a new radio role this early. It was obvious Chris' hunger for the job / industry was all but lost when he left Radio 1. I am pleasantly surprised he seems to have got this hunger back so soon.......my only concern is that the hunger hasn't returned and it's the massive cheque that has swayed his decision.

We'll see.......Regardless it's pretty exciting to have a new Chris Moyles Show to look forward to (I just wish they would get on with announcing the details!!)
By matthaze
I don't think it's a delay to convince anymore, more of a logistics thing. It doesn't make sense to launch a new show in the middle of summer holiday when people are not in their normal routines. Once fall comes around, that's when you do it.
By Yudster
chrysostom wrote:I got bored so decided to confirm it on the Team Moyles account, just because.

I saw that and decided it was someone (didn't know Team Moyles was you) being provocative and decided to ignore it. I was right.
By Nicola_Red
matthaze wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:My life is so different now to when the show ended - I'm married, living in a different place and working a different job - I feel like I've left the show behind with my old life.

Chris has probably changed since the R1 show ended three years ago as well. Because that's life. Which is why I'm hoping the new show *IS* different than the old one.

I really hope they don't bring back old bits. I'd love to hear a new, fresh sound. Something unique for all of us who have gornw up. A more grown up Moyles.

The team has moved on. So let's see what new, fresh stuff they can come up with.

Having Dom back is fantastic... who doesn't love Dom?! It'd be great to hear Aled back, since Chris and Aled were close and you could tell there was a mutual respect for each other. Tina isn't going to leave her gig at the BBC, she's doing her own thing there that is quite awesome. Dave's gone, we know that.

Let's hear what something new, fresh and different sounds like. I'm game.

I absolutely agree with this. I haven't ruled out listening to and loving this still-technically-hypothetical new show, but it's taking me a while to get used to the idea of having Chris back on radio! Listen to me, I sound like it's something really serious, not a radio show. But then that's how I felt about the end of the Radio 1 show, so I guess it's in keeping.
By JayE
The Deadly wrote:Hold on what is happening? I don't understand anything. I haven't moaned about anything for months and have urges.

Moyles. Back. Radio. Xfm. September. Maybe.
Last edited by JayE on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JayE
JayE wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Hold on what is happening? I don't understand anything. I haven't moaned about anything for months and have urges.

Moyles. Back. Radio. Xfm. September. Maybe.

Fixed.

Saturday show is up

And yes this is the original Uglybob, I am sure t[…]