The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By ku5b
BBQ wrote:Gutted. I was looking forward to watching a recorded JCS shown at a movie theater tonight. I got to the theater and the manager said the company behind showing it at movie theaters had called at 2pm and said they were canceling all the shows today as well as all of the planned shows at other theaters on Thursday. The manager thought that something must have gone wrong during the taping of the show, maybe a break in the recording. Since JCS was going to be transmitted to movie theaters from some location in California, it's possible there was a breakdown of this equipment. No plans announced to show JCS later to those who bought tickets.

While I missed seeing Chris as King Herod, I got my money back and the manager offered a free movie, so I went to see Argo.
At least seeing Argo was better than going home without seeing anything. Ben Affleck isn't Chris Moyles, so there is no way seeing Argo would be as good as seeing Chris in JCS.

I received a e-mail this morning saying similar and felt absolutely gutted as well. Thought the reason might've been turn-out, but nice to know the cancellations were for a different reason. Keep those Replay podcasts comin'! Great stuff on the drive to/from uni.
By BBQ
ku5b wrote: I received a e-mail this morning saying similar and felt absolutely gutted as well. Thought the reason might've been turn-out, but nice to know the cancellations were for a different reason. Keep those Replay podcasts comin'! Great stuff on the drive to/from uni.

Good they are sending out cancellation emails now. There was another person who showed up to see JCS only to be told it wouldn't be shown. He had also bought his tickets online and didn't get an email about the cancellation. The manager said 30 tickets had been purchased in advance, so the theater wasn't packed but the audience size wasn't the issue.
Bear in mind companies will often deny that poor sales are the reason for cancellations, to save face. Not that it really matters what the reason was, if it doesn't go ahead it doesn't go ahead.
simonp820 wrote:Great news!

Depends if you prefer musicals or radio!?

As JackKelly points out this probably knocks any return to radio (in the near future) on the head and I can't see him going back to R1 now. This new tour going to take up more than a bit of holiday that could be used like when he's been promoting a book previously. It would depend how regular a new show might be but certainly wouldn't be the 10pm slot if he's doing JCS, even if R1 would let him do it from various local BBC studios.
I think I might see if I can see it this time around. I'm sure Mr Red will be able to sort us out a couple of freebies.
I have to agree with a few previous comments. Chris on radio is over now. I just wish Ben Cooper or Chris would just say that. I have no interest in the tour I just want him back on the radio. There is no harm in dabbling with other media projects but he is a radio broadcaster. Nothing more, nothing less.
slaphead1982 wrote:I have to agree with a few previous comments. Chris on radio is over now. I just wish Ben Cooper or Chris would just say that. I have no interest in the tour I just want him back on the radio. There is no harm in dabbling with other media projects but he is a radio broadcaster. Nothing more, nothing less.

There was a tweet from Chris saying he's writing a script or summat. He needs to have a project that's something akin to Johhny Vaughan's "Orrible" crash and burn to get him to wake up and smell the radio.

That's the first clip I've ever seen of Orrible. I can see why it got panned. Vaughn was best on Big breakfast with Van Outen. That kind of proves are points though. Both Chris & Johnny were better at certain (and different) media angles. Vaughn can't help his situation as they killed the big breakfast years ago but Chris still has radio. I'm not sure he needs to "wake up and smell the radio", more change his agent back and get a slap from a mate telling him outright to bugger off from stage and screen and head back to radio.
slaphead1982 wrote:I have to agree with a few previous comments. Chris on radio is over now. I just wish Ben Cooper or Chris would just say that. I have no interest in the tour I just want him back on the radio. There is no harm in dabbling with other media projects but he is a radio broadcaster. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree with that. The 10pm slot was ideal for him and he chose not to take it.

Moyles needs to get these other projects out of his system and then hopefully he will realise where his strengths are and rediscover his love of being on the radio. He lost his edge and got stale so needs to try something new.

Nobody was a bigger fan of pre-2012 Chris Moyles than me, but I'm comfortable with this absence. I'm nine months into the 2004 shows and loving every minute of it and there is enough archive stuff to keep me going for a good while yet. Hopefully by then he will have seen sense and come back to what he does best.
By Evs
Just announced a date at Leeds arena for Jesus Christ Superstar. Nice for Chris to be able to perform in his home city.

The arena doesn't open until September so that could explain why it's a one off date on its own or maybe the tour is set to be expanded yet again? (possibly the reason we have no firm plans from Chris anyway if he's waiting to see what his commitments are here).

EDIT: to say that The whole tour has been moved to October with new dates in Glasgow and Leeds. Apparently owing to huge worldwide demand from abroad (USA/Australia).

The cynic in me suggests they were struggling to shift tickets so soon after the last tour but if it's true about a world tour then it looks like 2013 might be taken up by Herod. He'd be daft to turn down the chance to travel the world doing 5mins a night.

Maybe he could throw us a bone and do a tour podcast with Mel C, Tim and Ben?
By bmstinton93
I was just about to come and post that edit. That sounds like it could be very exciting for Chris. Fair play to him if it's true. I know we all want him back on the radio but this would be a great opportunity for him!
By Nicola_Red
Evs wrote:The cynic in me suggests they were struggling to shift tickets so soon after the last tour

Yep, ticket sales were not good!

Small gap in editing to come