0%
Commercial local
8%
Other
6%
No radio at all
44%
bmstinton93 wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Scott Mills is horrendous. Him and Grimmy are equally as bad as each other.

And that is based on what exactly?

That's based on me hearing their shows and forming an opinion on them. It's not rocket science is it? Just because you have a weird man crush on Scott Mills it doesn't mean the rest of us have.
Where did I suggest that anyone else couldn't like Scott Mills? I am giving a personal opinion not saying that nobody can like it. Scott Mills is awful and the most fake and false person on radio. If you choose to like that then good luck to you.
I agree with Deadly, I never liked Scott Mills before Moyles left, and I still don't now.

He's better than Grimmy, but I'll stick with Chris Evans for the moment, the Gobsmackers after 9am are usually quite good, and their Top Tenuous feature is amusing, not quite Tedious Link, but still piques my interest.
By ritchie
after hearing this i am kinda done with all the replays i have been listening to. i need to move on - so come on then, alternatives??? Jon Holmes on Xfm? Ian Lee on 3 Counties??? What is the consensus???
By JayE
I'm a massive fan of Jon Holmes on Xfm. I was instantly hooked on his show since he took over the xfm breakfast show in January.
He is brilliant and has a very funny sense of humour. Puts me in a great mood when I wake up.
By Johnny 1989
JayE wrote:I'm a massive fan of Jon Holmes on Xfm. I was instantly hooked on his show since he took over the xfm breakfast show in January.
He is brilliant and has a very funny sense of humour. Puts me in a great mood when I wake up.

Jon Holmes was great on 6 Music so I may give him a go soon

I'm listening back to random old shows and although I still find them funny I still feel a little sad the show has ended and the way the BBC turfed him out for the moron that is on there now.
By DarroM
Johnny 1989 wrote:
JayE wrote:I'm a massive fan of Jon Holmes on Xfm. I was instantly hooked on his show since he took over the xfm breakfast show in January.

Jon Holmes was great on 6 Music so I may give him a go soon

I'm listening back to random old shows and although I still find them funny I still feel a little sad the show has ended and the way the BBC turfed him out for the moron that is on there now.

Speaking of which, does anyone on here still listen to Nick Grimshaw? Never listened to him beyond the first two weeks. Seems he is still chummy with Harry Styles so that there is a definite no thank you!
By Travis Bickle
chrysostom wrote:Occasionally I'll hear a bit of Call or Delete. It's not completely offensive, but not that funny.

I've heard it a few times, but it's all set-up though isn't it? Nobody receiving the call believes it is anything other than a wind up do they? The fact the person calling them is speaking on a crystal clear studio line is a bit of a give away for a start.
By Nicola_Red
DarroM wrote:does anyone on here still listen to Nick Grimshaw? Never listened to him beyond the first two weeks. Seems he is still chummy with Harry Styles so that there is a definite no thank you!

Yeah, I still put it on while I'm getting ready for work. Today he was on the phone with Vernon and Vernon's oldest daughter was trying to persuade Grimmy to get one of 1D to attend her birthday party. It was very funny.
By Johnny 1989
Scott Mills isn't that bad, rather him than Gemma Cairney or Alex Duffy from Heat Radio (unfortunately I work in a office full of women so it's on all day long) :x
By Nicola_Red
Tsk Johnny, lazy gender stereotyping there ;) I have no desire whatsoever to listen to Heat Radio. If I get a choice in the office I go for Real XS, the Manchester rock/metal station. But we usually end up on Absolute 80s or 90s.
By JayE
The Deadly wrote:Nobody likes Scott Mills besides you. He has always been terrible and his fake laugh makes me want to drown kittens.

I like Scott Mills. Granted he has gotten worse since he got taken off drivetime but he is still a bearable listen.
By The Deadly
JayE wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Nobody likes Scott Mills besides you. He has always been terrible and his fake laugh makes me want to drown kittens.

I like Scott Mills. Granted he has gotten worse since he got taken off drivetime but he is still a bearable listen.

Doesn't shock me that you like Scott Mills. Seems on your level.
By JayE
Why? Because he appeals to teenagers because he's on a radio station for teenagers? Good one. Anything else or are you done for the day?
By Johnny 1989
Nicola_Red wrote:Tsk Johnny, lazy gender stereotyping there ;) I have no desire whatsoever to listen to Heat Radio. If I get a choice in the office I go for Real XS, the Manchester rock/metal station. But we usually end up on Absolute 80s or 90s.

Normally I wouldn't be so stereotypical but in our office both genders get away with a lot so alls fair game there :lol:
By Yudster
Scott Mills was very good when he was on Early Breakfast. As soon as he went Prime Time he resorted to stupid though. Except for the chart show - I think he is the best ever presenter of the chart show.
By The Deadly
Has the fake laugh always been there or is it a recent development? It's possibly the most annoying noise I've ever heard.

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]