The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By BBQ
Yes, for at least the last few years the big chain theaters are plugging everything from ballet to opera to orchestra performances, usually at mid or late morning on a Saturday or Sunday. This is the first musical that I can remember.

Great to know that Chris received such a great response from the audience at Wembley. I can't wait to see him.

neilt0 wrote:
simonp820 wrote:
BBQ wrote:I am going to see it on October 29th when it is shown at a nearby movie theater.

Is that happening?

USA! USA! USA!

USA "theaters" showing JCS: http://www.fathomevents.com/performinga ... rstar.aspx
Some one on youtube filmed Chris at Wembley

I also managed to record the audio if anyone wants it
I got a reply from the O2. Apparently the ear-splitting noise from the speakers pointed at my head had nothing to do with the O2.

I should have contacted The Lord (of course -- how could I have been so stupid) and their solution to my ears bleeding was not to reduce the volume, but to offer earplugs. That I should have known about.

To: n*****@*****.com
Date: 19 Oct 2012 15:34:02 +0100
Subject: Audio levels at Jesus Christ Superstar, Friday 21st September 2012: *ref#24-*****

Dear Neil

Thank you for contacting us.

I would firstly like to point out that all equipment, from the sound desk, staging, lighting rig right through to the speakers do in fact belong to the production company who produce the show. We at The O2 simply provide the arena and seating. Before every new show takes place at The O2 our Head of Health & Safety or a member of the H&S Team assesses the show and all aspects of it, to ensure that it complies with the European health & safety laws that we of course adhere to. Sound levels are constantly monitored by the Technical Team throughout all events with particular attention paid at any expected event where high noise levels are anticipated. Where noise reaches or exceeds the level required by the arena licence, the Technical Manager on duty will approach the promoter to make sure levels are reduced. We would like to assure you that these levels were not exceeded during the event.

We do offer, at the Customer Services desk and in our medical rooms, free ear defenders or ear plugs to any guests that request them; information with regards to what we provide at the desks can be found on our website and a warning about loud noise is printed on our tickets.

If we had been made aware of your discomfort on the night, all efforts would have been made to liaise with the The O2 Duty Technical Manager as stated. I can assure you that all aspects of The O2 Arena are well within health and safety legislative requirements and industry standards.

I hope this has clarified things further for you and if you do have any problems at your next visit to The O2, please do contact the Customer Services Team who will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Dan Bond
Customer Services

The O2
Peninsula Square
London
SE10 0DX
Telephone +44 20 8463 2000
Email customerservices@theo2.co.uk

Find out more at http://www.theo2.co.uk Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/theO2 or http://twitter.com/the_O2
The O2 is the world’s most popular music and entertainment venue. Our recent awards include: 2011 Pollstar ‘International Venue of the Year’ | 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 – Pollstar ‘International Arena of the Year’ | 2011 Billboard Touring Awards ‘Arena of the Year’ | 2011 Event Magazine ‘No. 1 - Top 20 Venues 2011’ | 2009 Billboard Awards ‘World’s Best Arena’ | 2009 Capital FM ‘Best Music Venue’

I suggested Neil complain. As long as isn't done in an arsey way, customer comments like that should be used to make changes that will make a better experience for other customers in the future. So it's worth doing.
Nicola_Red wrote:I suggested Neil complain. As long as isn't done in an arsey way, customer comments like that should be used to make changes that will make a better experience for other customers in the future. So it's worth doing.

I knew they wouldn't admit to any fault, it's 2012 after all. But I did expect a non-apology-apology -- something like "We were sorry to hear your enjoyment was spoiled by...blah...blah", but nope, not even that. "Nothing to do with us, * off."
simonp820 wrote:
neilt0 wrote:I knew they wouldn't admit to any fault, it's 2012 after all. But I did expect a non-apology-apology -- something like "We were sorry to hear your enjoyment was spoiled by...blah...blah", but nope, not even that. "Nothing to do with us, * off."

But it WASN'T anything to do with them! I've seen the show three times in three different venues and the equipment is moved between them. The set, sound stage, everything is brought in. So to complain to the venue seems quite strange.

Plus you got your ticket for free!! How can you complain? If you weren't happy you could have left at any point.

Well said. Unfortunately we live in a world where people will complain about anything. Sad really.
simonp820 wrote:
neilt0 wrote:I knew they wouldn't admit to any fault, it's 2012 after all. But I did expect a non-apology-apology -- something like "We were sorry to hear your enjoyment was spoiled by...blah...blah", but nope, not even that. "Nothing to do with us, * off."

But it WASN'T anything to do with them! I've seen the show three times in three different venues and the equipment is moved between them. The set, sound stage, everything is brought in. So to complain to the venue seems quite strange.

Plus you got your ticket for free!! How can you complain? If you weren't happy you could have left at any point.

The ticket says O2 all over it. I'd be surprised if the production put the speakers up in the roof -- the ones I took pictures of. Obviously the stage is moved from venue to venue, I'm not an idiot.

People who paid did leave. The point of my complaining was not to get a refund, it was to point out a problem to the venue.

I remember seeing a film many years ago and it was out of focus. People were grumbling near me, but doing * all about it. I left and had a word with the staff, who fixed it.

We're all too polite/scared/stupid to complain in this country. I'm not going to complain over something petty, as that's for saddos, but I do have a problem when my ears are bleeding. As did many reviewers of the show -- per newspaper reviews.
This is all getting quite aggressive considering the issue is someone complaining to a venue about the sound being too loud.

Also you fail to take into account the cost of travel, potential accomodation, parking and food/drink when you write his journey off as 'free' - and if the experience was spoiled then all of that money is essentially wasted.

To a layperson, the person, the venue would be who the complaint should be directed at. Good customer service isn't difficult - they could have dealt with it a bit better. It's very harsh to be this critical, especially as Neil hasn't really been particularly indignant.
I just feel Neil's problem sums up what is wrong with the country. He got something for free and then moans and bitches about it probably in order to receive more free stuff. If he had paid even 1p for a ticket I'd be supportive of his issue but he didn't it was a freebie.
Deadly wrote:I just feel Neil's problem sums up what is wrong with the country. He got something for free and then moans and bitches about it probably in order to receive more free stuff. If he had paid even 1p for a ticket I'd be supportive of his issue but he didn't it was a freebie.

Keep going! What am I planning to do this weekend?
A review of the Nottingham show:

http://nottinghamconfidential.blogspot. ... ngham.html

Jesus Christ Superstar At Nottingham Capital FM Arena REVIEW
For devout followers of the holy 1973 film version, this updated Jesus Christ Superstar is a bit of an adjustment at first with its right-on anti-capitalist tent-dwelling protestor movement setting, but what it loses in a beardless Jesus, it gains in an abundantly his 'n' her dreadlocked Mel C Mary Magdalene Spice and a familiarly eye-liner smudged Tim Minchin as Judas Iscariot

Staged on a flight of steps with the orchestra on either side encased in scaffolding that the disciples hurl themselves and come somersaulting off onto stage in a rebel-rousing frantic and frenetic beginning before soothing down with the Jesus, Mary and Judas trio singing the gorgeously sublime Everything's Alright, it's after the interval that the show really settles into itself and becomes the almighty and wondrous arena-staged spectacular that Andrew Lloyd Webber originally intended.

Critics have questioned whether the musical's highly-emotive and sometimes harrowing scenes can really be successfully captured in venues this size, but the intimacy of the big screen close-ups together with the cast frequently roaming the aisles of the audience both contrasts and works together with the all out belting rockstar performances of the leads, creating a truly exceptional and new theatrical experience. And we weren't kidding about those belting rockstar perfomances- Tim Minchin's edgy, dodgy and disturbed Judas develops into an epic and awesome character of desperation and he does ROCK, wowing the crowd with his solos and winning our empathy with the wretched and tragic inevitability of his predicted betrayal whilst Mel C equally spellbinds big time with her moving, powerful, and touching Mary Magdalene. And it's quite a sight to behold ten thousand people completely stunned and transfixed during the heart-wrenching, show-stopping and tour de force Garden of Gethsemane solo where Jesus weeps and rages against God about his impending death, with Ben Forster alone but filling the stage and showing off a glorious vocal range reaching celestial notes so high, they would make the Bee Gees wince.

Meanwhile, a quite incredibly slimmed-down Chris Moyles pulls off a fun five minute crowd pleaser as a red-spangled suited gameshow host Herod surrounded by tap dancing girls with a live Lord or Fraud? phone in vote to determine Jesus's fate, even throwing in a cute Nottingham joke at the end and almost parodying the actual search for this show's lead on ITV's Superstar.

And so what initially seemed a bit of an oddball-collection of casting came together and all turned out to be just a little bit genius actually, so to all those who might have doubted him, you better BELIEVE in his omnipotent power, because fashionably unfashionable that is has become nowadays to admit to being in any way religious, still they flock in their tens of thousands to come and see this show- that's all about Jesus. The Lord Webber sure still knows how to perform those old mysterious wonders and ways.
as I often say, I study sound and a live module is just what we're doing,

neil has every right to complain, all though, it wouldn't be the overall volume that was the problem, its boosting certain frequencies. I'd complain if my ears were bleeding, not for my own gain, but merely to ensure it doesn't happen again.

deadly, heres an idea, if you dont like something, dont comment, and then its all good.
Misfit wrote:as I often say, I study sound and a live module is just what we're doing,

neil has every right to complain, all though, it wouldn't be the overall volume that was the problem, its boosting certain frequencies. I'd complain if my ears were bleeding, not for my own gain, but merely to ensure it doesn't happen again.

deadly, heres an idea, if you dont like something, dont comment, and then its all good.

No he has absolutely no right to complain. He has two choices: Sit there and deal with it and just put it down to experience or leave because its too loud. The ticket was free and he must have known going into it that the seats wouldn't be the best.

Not commenting on something I don't like isn't an option I'm afraid. I am within my rights to reply to anything I choose as long as I don't break the rules, as is anyone here.I am of an opinion that he shouldn't have complained and he thinks he should have complained. Two people with different opinions disagreeing with each other is something that happens quite frequently in life and you'll come to realise that one day hopefully.
*whisper*
Psssst.
Deadly?
Ssshhh.
You're doing it again.

Stop acting like the billy big *. It's not really for you to comment on this.
Neil felt like a wee moan as is his right. Ear rape is not to be laughed at. Yawn rape on the other hand...
Quick question. Why are you being all * about it?

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]