The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Sidders wrote:It's odd how there hasn't been an official announcement yet. If he's supposed to be starting in September, surely there should be something out there by now.

I agree. A little odd, its like a huge Cludo game which we all cannot get correct.
By matthaze
I'm well aware that I'm new to here. I listened for many years and still grab shows from the archive, but never ventured to post in here because, well, I'm not much of a forums poster kind of guy.

But is fighting all anyone does here? Good lord.

I'm just trying to share what I've seen and heard. Just trying to let out my inner radio nerd. :-)
By James H
The Kaiser Chiefs frontman, who is responsible for several chart-topping albums, has reportedly joined the station to host his own show.

So he won't be with Chris (assuming Chris does end up on here) but if the rumours of Vernon joining too (further down the article) are true, this'll be quite an interesting change of personnel for XFM, I'd definitely tune in for both these other shows.
By JayE
ianpwilliams wrote:But how come there is still no announcement, when it's due to start next month? I'm still not convinced that this is happening, even though I really want it to. And if it does happen then please don't have Vernon as part of Chris's team!

Ricky confirmed this story on Twitter, so he's for definite. Can't speak for Chris or Vernon, I'm still under the mindset that if t wasn't true they absolutely would have disputed it now, look at Chris' mentions on Twitter for example, it's full of people asking if he's joining Xfm, if it wasn't true surely he'd just say no?
By JayE
Well when Danny Wallace announced he was leaving Xfm breakfast in 2012, Jon Holmes got announced as the new presenter 2 weeks before his show starting airing, I think that's just how they do it.
By hdsport82
ianpwilliams wrote:Fair enough, there's still hope then.

Maybe he'll be the big final announcement when the unveil the new look XFM/Capital Rocks/Radio X (delete as appropriate), would seem that it's going to be a big change there so teasing a few names (with Chris clearly the biggest) might be the way to go. Whatever happens it won't be that much longer before we know either way.

It it does happen and we end up with Chris, Ricky and Vernon it would seem he's had a big influence whether directly or indirectly on the station's lineup.
By deimantee1
Last few periscope videos were very... interesting. First of all, he deliberately ignored the question about his new show when his mate actually asked him about it, then he said that he can't come back to the radio, as he doesn't work on weekends. You guys, I am absolutely convinced he's coming back.
I'm finding it harder to believe that he is comming back to radio. The time? It is-a-ticking. This is one situation where I am happy to be wrong though.
By hdsport82
Interesting summary from Radio Today although they say it was reported in Private Eye inititallly I thought it was Popbitch?

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2015/08/ricky-w ... e-new-xfm/

The most interesting bit is the 'here’s what we’ve discovered' section including,

Chris Moyles had talks with Bauer and UTV before agreeing to join Global
    A TV advert for Chris Moyles has already been recorded
You'd assume Bauer would've been for Absolute and UTV would be the new Virgin Radio for the forthcoming Digital2 multiplex which would tie in to eventually joining XFM. As stated in the article "‘XFM’ competitors will be Absolute Radio, the new Virgin Radio, and to a degree, Radio 1"
I might be reading too much between the lines although, on Chris's Twitter he posted a picture showing him holding a magazine on his face with Ricky's face on it.

Also, anyone else this Fearne Cotton could present a great weekend programme on the new sounding XFM?

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]