No votes
0%
Commercial local
8%
Other
6%
No radio at all
44%
daveG wrote:is it worth reading all of this?

That depends on how much value you place on reading an internet forum and messages other people leave. If you don't value that very highly, then no. If you consider it a way to pass the time, or as a form of entertainment, then yes.

Though it begs the question, you must know why you signed up here and contribute, so you must know whether it's worth it.
*slaps Wykey*

Stoppit now.
That's better. Would you like a chocolate?
Shh Deadly, he can have a chocolate - I'm training him.
Well a little after a month after the show finishes I still can't bring myself to turn the radio on. I tried Grimmy, tried to have a fresh approach but I admit to have rose tinted glasses on and just can't enjoy him and his droany voice.

Is it getting easier ? nope. I keep hoping Chris and the team will be back on a different radio station. Actually I might write to Father Christmas now and ask... :)
Wykey wrote:
daveG wrote:is it worth reading all of this?

That depends on how much value you place on reading an internet forum and messages other people leave. If you don't value that very highly, then no. If you consider it a way to pass the time, or as a form of entertainment, then yes.

Though it begs the question, you must know why you signed up here and contribute, so you must know whether it's worth it.

You miss my point. My vague sarcasm isn't that subtle, surely.
heard a bit of capitol this morning on the way back from a night out and it was alright, iv heard a lot worse!
team approach although there was a lot of giggling and adverts which were pretty patronizing to the point I wanted to vomit on the radio. The actual talk to music ratio isnt bad though.
chrysostom wrote:I listened to Matt Edmonson's podcast today and found it thoroughly enjoyable. Immature & a little surreal but very natural.

Has he stopped talking like a 16 year old now? Last time I listened to him, I wanted to punch my car radio. Seriously. 8O
Nothing.

I listened to some of Grimshaw's first show and then some the other day. Still crap.

Later in the morning if I am off I sometimes listen to R4 or R2 (Jeremy Vine).

Silence is preferable to Grimshaw or Evans.

In fact I think I will flounce over to the archive to listen to an old show or two.
Hi! Have to say I did give Grimsaw a try well for about 5 mins and that was it! I couldn't take any more and have found no one else that's even a fraction as entertaining as the team! I do love Fearne though and Greg James but there is still that massive hole in my life! Podcasts and replays are helping with the cravings but must be like a smoker smoking an electric cigarette cos its no where near as fulfilling!!
Chris Evans now in a clear second place, but "nothing" remains the runaway leader for best breakfast show... now if only we had a "none of the above" box at elections!
Well, technically I woke up before Moyles started broadcasting anyway and because Dev was simply out of the question it was Radio 4 for me. Very difficult to hear Scott Mills's Posh Radio 4 lady read out some tradegy story when im just expecting 'tongue sticking out smiley' at the end.

Ive forotten to see what Evans is like now hes back from holiday but the music I would catch on radio 2 the moment I tuned in when Zoe Ball was filling in right after Moyles left was just ridiculous. I am not listening to wake me up before you go go and Ringos Yellow Submarine to name but a few that early in the morning.

So for the time being, its my albums.

Just got through 2005, Ive got all the Moyles Podcasts from 2006 to listen to in the next 2 weeks of no Scott podcasts.

I listened to the very first breakfast show last week. Judging by the Dom headlines, did the breakfast show really start AFTER Saddam Hussein was captured? And the Monday after Britney Spears got married by mistake? Could have sworn Moyles was doing breakfast longer.
Hawkeye448 wrote:Judging by the Dom headlines, did the breakfast show really start AFTER Saddam Hussein was captured? And the Monday after Britney Spears got married by mistake?

Yep, and yep. Saddam was captured in November 2003 and Britney got married on 3/1/2004. It does kinda put into perspective how long the show ran for.

moylesisagod wrote:I'm warming to Nick Grimshaws show.That might be because I set my radio on fire though... :-|

Do you get your jokes out of Xmas crackers?
Last edited by MadTheEddos on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadTheEddos wrote:
Hawkeye448 wrote:Judging by the Dom headlines, did the breakfast show really start AFTER Saddam Hussein was captured? And the Monday after Britney Spears got married by mistake?

Yep, and yep. Saddam was captured in November 2003 and Britney got married on 3/1/2004. It does kinda put into perspective how long the show ran for.

Not to mention the songs -- "Here's the exclusive new song from Avril LaMinge!" and "The great Red Hot Chili Peppers competition!" Whoooooooooo? and whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]