Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Uglybob
I thought the second song Sinead released was edgy enough to get on the playlist, more edgier than say Mel C and Kym Marsh that got on the playlist.
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:evidence (b)

The tag "Lame Academy", which greeted the first version of BBC1's Fame Academy, looks certain to return after the midweek show bombed in the ratings.
The BBC's hopes of turning Fame Academy II into this summer's reality hit suffered a huge setback when just 3.2 million watched the 8pm-9pm show. The programme, during which the last few contestants were voted into the house, proved such a turn-off with viewers it attracted an audience share of just 15.5%, according to unofficial overnights. Fame Academy was beaten in the ratings by Channel 4's Location Location Location Revisited, which collected 3.7 million viewers and a 18.5% share between 8pm and 8.30pm, and trounced by the Bill on ITV1, which marshalled 7 million and a 34.2% share.

Look, you're being obsessed with figures. of COURSE the figures are broadly important but they're nowhere near the whole picture. We are afterall not part of commercial broadcasting and are able to do large projects like Fame Academy without the pressures of the audience figures as much as Channel 4 and ITV.

If the worst case scenario is that the figures are the same as last year then the BBC have made it clear they're content with that. They did after all bring back the series based on last year's figures so they could'nt have been the immense dissapointment that some people paint them out to be.

Fame Academy is rare. It's able to bring BBC1, BBC3, Children's BBC, BBCi and Radio 1 together into 1 big project. Plus, be able to produce and train some genuinely new talent - precisely what BBC's about - it is slightly bigger than than just the audience figures of 2 hour's worth of BBC1 TV.
By Uglybob
if bbc arent obsessed with ratings, why bring it back strategically on a saturday night up against Pop Idol?
By Aled
Jonny Hoare wrote:Fame Academy needs to stamp its authority. I just think it just alittle soon after Big Brother. SHould have waited a month.

Aled- whats your take on the big already signed debacle...? the sound of the underground- thats a good hit...lol

I was deeply concerned about this when I first heard the rumours. But it turns out to be ok. A few of the students have Publishing deals. Which means they can write music for the labels and get paid for it.

None of those are with the Record Company who will eventually sign up the winners so the charge that this is merely a shop window to get more publicity for Polydor acts is false.

Another one of them was part of a girl group who was given the song Girls Aloud then went on to sing and make a hit.

last year's mistake was to get raw talent - only - off the street and stick them on BBC 1 in the first week. That produced a cringe worthy show. This year's they've allowed such people in as well as allowing people who are slightly older. The truth is if we're genuinely looking for 25 people who are SO passionate about the music industry the chances are a percentage of them will have had some dealings with the industry before this show.

That's not banned in the rules. And nor should it be.
By Uglybob
yeah this girl of jenson buttons claims to have written a number 1 song. she was the one in the band who sang originally sound of the underground but i checked the writers of that song and she doesnt feature in it. Is this just a lie to make her look better?
By Minnie the Minx
Aled wrote:Fame Academy is rare. It's able to bring BBC1, BBC3, Children's BBC, BBCi and Radio 1 together into 1 big project. Plus, be able to produce and train some genuinely new talent - precisely what BBC's about - it is slightly bigger than than just the audience figures of 2 hour's worth of BBC1 TV.

So will you be making another appearence on CBBC?
By Mr_Showtime
Briefly changing the subject, could you please tell me what that 60s style bed Chris has started using is called? It was the first one he used at the knebworth gig and has been used since..
Thanks
By Aaron
Aled-Seen as your working for radio1 your probably not allowed to voice your opinion on this but its worth a try. Wat do u thnk on radio1's listeners dropping below 10 million for the first time. Do u think its the music they play or the djs that are on.
By Uglybob
if you read the last 72 pages, you will know he wont answer that.
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
if you read the last 72 pages i pity you.
By Adam
its out of line with his job - talking against the people that pay him. unlikely anyone from radio one would actually be looking at that particial post.

no comment.
By Fordy
So does aled have to accounts on these boards? One called aled and one called FA aled?
By Nuttycow
I assume that FAAled is the "real" one.
By ASG
:roll:
By Fordy
I knew that aled is the real aled but then i saw fa aled aswel so i dunno now! Thats why i think he has to accounts!
By MK Chris
He registered Aled after FA finished, not realising that you can change user names. He should have asked Sidla, he's an expert on it...
By Nablo.
So Aled who would you like to win FA? and who do you think will win?
By Aaron
Happy Birthday, down those woo woos to celebrate
By LJ
Hi Aled,

I apologise in advance if this is already coommon knowledge as i haven't been able to listen to Moyles as much as i would like over recent months but whatever happened to Viaduct: The Revenge?
By Uglybob
question is though, is aled allowed in here and will he post here?
By Nablo.
He is a member but I don't recall him ever posting in here so he may not know it's moved in here.

It's like having a VIP backstage pass with exclusive access to Aled. (Well perhaps not)
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:question is though, is aled allowed in here and will he post here?

I am allowed in here. And I will definitely post here. :)
By Aled
Nablo. wrote:He is a member but I don't recall him ever posting in here so he may not know it's moved in here.

It's like having a VIP backstage pass with exclusive access to Aled. (Well perhaps not)

Well, kinda, in a way.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]