The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Nicola_Red wrote:
Kylerickards1974 wrote:Hi

So that Queen comp, the first question about the decade was wrong wasn’t it? (Caller said the eighties but I thought it was the seventies)

Was it Another One Bites The Dust? That was released and charted in 1980.

Apologies, you’re quite correct Nicola, my mistake!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hawkeye448 wrote:How utterly preposterous. Vaughans new podcast has arrived so the only reason that wasn't working was he was off 2 weeks ago thus no podcast.

So one again I have a random problem with the Moyles podcast alone. Not for the first time.

Oh well, if it has to be manual download going forward so be it.

Ok, so the Chris Moyles podcast subscription was never to be found again, Johnny Vaughans has now disappeared a week or so later . In fact no Radio X podcasts can be found anymore and now this weeks Vaughan podcast cannot even be downloaded manually from the radio X website.

Quite honestly I don't think I want to hear either of them begging us to subscribe and tell friends about the podcast any longer. Clearly being discouraged from doing so.
I was listening to Chris talking about racism in footballing after the 7AM news on Monday - quite rightly saying that that this kind of discrimination has no place in football or anywhere etc

Within 30mins he was cussing off James lisp and Pippa's "fat" friends. Again.
More tedious than the Tedious Link.
unzippy wrote:I was listening to Chris talking about racism in footballing after the 7AM news on Monday - quite rightly saying that that this kind of discrimination has no place in football or anywhere etc

why listen if you don't like the show?
unzippy wrote:I was listening to Chris talking about racism in footballing after the 7AM news on Monday - quite rightly saying that that this kind of discrimination has no place in football or anywhere etc

There are literally hundreds of bang average radio stations (of which Radio X is certainly one bar Moyles and Johnny... just) why not try another one?

Yes, having a lisp or being fat is exactly like being black. Although the way the world is going...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Misfit wrote:

why listen if you don't like the show?

Because I enjoy it. Have done since he was on Capital. But it doesn't mean that I'm a blind obsessed fan that thinks he can do no wrong.

Not much of a discussion thread if all people can manage is 'listen to something else' :roll:
d000hg wrote:

Yes, having a lisp or being fat is exactly like being black. Although the way the world is going...

Lisping is debatable, but race and body size are both factors that can lead to people being discriminated against. The difference here is that we all know Pippa's friends aren't actually fat - but then joking about fat people isn't great generally. Let's face it though, Chris has always traded in that genre of jokes, even when he was fat himself. That doesn't mean it's okay, but it's what most of us have come to expect.
Jeepers, been a while since i popped in 'ere - the forum is not as busy as it used to be!!

I'm [obviously] still Chris' No.1 fan and still listen every day, think the show is doing very well. Actually came on 'ere looking for podcasts from last year, but the 2018 don't seem to be available. Humph.

Anyway, a quick Hiya to the old-skool-Moyles-massif (spotted Nic's name on the poster list...) who might remember me. Hope y'all doin' good.
dimtimjim wrote:Jeepers, been a while since i popped in 'ere - the forum is not as busy as it used to be!!

I'm [obviously] still Chris' No.1 fan and still listen every day, think the show is doing very well. Actually came on 'ere looking for podcasts from last year, but the 2018 don't seem to be available. Humph.

Anyway, a quick Hiya to the old-skool-Moyles-massif (spotted Nic's name on the poster list...) who might remember me. Hope y'all doin' good.

Back at ya!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dimtimjim wrote:Jeepers, been a while since i popped in 'ere - the forum is not as busy as it used to be!!

Hope all is good with you!
jdog55 wrote:Show for me really struggles without Comedy Dave, really miss the old complete team and it just isn't the same. Damn shame things between Chris and Dave ended up the way they did.

I think it would have been more interesting if Chris had done something completely different, like doing the show solo without an on-air team. But instead it just ends up sounding like a watered down version of the Radio 1 show.
jdog55 wrote:Show for me really struggles without Comedy Dave, really miss the old complete team and it just isn't the same. Damn shame things between Chris and Dave ended up the way they did.

Agreed
I miss Carrie Rachel and Dave from the old team on radio 1.
I just don’t like all the rock and roll on Radio X. I miss Car park catchphrase as well. The team were so funny then. Just feels a bit werid with Dom as Chris’s Sidekick and Pippa being in charge of them. Nah, I’ll listen to R1 shows on here from the golden days
It’s little things, like on the old show they used to talk over the cheesy song bed between half 6 and 7, now they talk over silence and it’s so bland.
I can’t justify having it on at work as everybody means how boring it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are just not listening. This is the best part of the show i have the same problem in my office. I am using an Air Pod now so i can listen at my desk. I admit they should have a slight musical back cloth. It sounded like Chris used to manually fade the volume of the cheesy song to suit real time. The show is on great form at the moment. I think if budget allows they should get a new strong permanent personality to join full time. Toby would have been perfect but now his own show and rightly so.
G-Sizzle wrote:It’s little things, like on the old show they used to talk over the cheesy song bed between half 6 and 7, now they talk over silence and it’s so bland.
I can’t justify having it on at work as everybody means how boring it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I loved that cheesy song bed.

Thank you both!!