The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
James H wrote:
VMPhil wrote:Tedious Link is back.

"Dave has an amazing ability to connect any two songs in the world, he share this wonderful gift with us everyday with Tedious Link."

https://planetradio.co.uk/hits-radio/en ... formation/

Paging Nicola_Red... :D

Oh God. I never even finished transcribing 2008! Bets on how long before he links to Sunshine On A Rainy Day by Zoe?
By Nicola_Red
I heard a bit this morning as one of my colleagues had it on. It sounds like typical terrible local radio, but hearing Comedy Dave's voice was...weird. It gave me feels.
By G-Sizzle
Nicola_Red wrote:I heard a bit this morning as one of my colleagues had it on. It sounds like typical terrible local radio, but hearing Comedy Dave's voice was...weird. It gave me feels.

Completely agree.

I found this on my DAB and gave it a listen.
I forgot how funny Dave was.

I don’t think he’s the reason I’m not a fan of Moyles’ X show, but he would of helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Tico987
I caught a little bit of it this morning - and Dave wa sby far the best bit of it. They were talking about the pronunciation of "GIF" to which the Gethin fella was saying it's pronounced "Jif" so Dave started calling Gethin...Jethin.

Dave is undoubtedly a funny guy, as is Chris Moyles to be fair, but Dave is always very quick to respond to off the cuff remarks.

I'm not sure about Gemma, she sounds a bit like she is following the script with her finger when she reads. Gethin is harmless enough but just sounded a bit of a generic local radio fella. Ignoring the obvious....Dave would fit seamlessly into the Moyles team again. He's still great.
By welshblob
Tico987 wrote:I'm not sure about Gemma, she sounds a bit like she is following the script with her finger when she reads. Gethin is harmless enough but just sounded a bit of a generic local radio fella. Ignoring the obvious....Dave would fit seamlessly into the Moyles team again. He's still great.

Managed to miss the tedious link today as its not on at 9am, just before. So from what I heard Gethin sounds like hes had too much fizzy pop and Gemma keeps shouting at me and its all a bit hyped and in a rush to get the next song on which is usual chart pap. Dave is wasted on this but I hope he is being paid a wad of cash to make up for it.

I agree he would easily fit back in on the Moyles show.
By fish heads
Trigger wrote:I would've put tennis balls down my pants and walked into the room when I signed the contract to do that show if I was Dave.

Just sit there and demand a sky-high salary, must be great when you have the upper hand, like, say...Robbie Williams doing a Butlins gig...it aint gonna come cheap.

With all due respect to Dave, he's been off the radio for over half a decade and I don't think the reason he's been missing is that he's been waiting for a mega bucks offer. It's highly likely he'll be the lowest paid out of the three presenters.
By hdsport82
Haven't really heard much of the show but did hear on the Radio Today podcast that according to Trevor Dann, Dave may do shows in future down the line from One Golden Square (i.e. where Bauer's stations like Absolute etc. are) in London. I wonder what that says about his part in the show, it must be difficult to have that quick witted connection him and Chris had when you are 200 miles away no matter how good the technology.

If that's true will he last much longer than Dom did on Capital? Also it kind of goes against all their talk about being the only national commercial radio station to be broadcast out of Manchester, will more shows start being done from London?

https://audioboom.com/posts/6885869-rou ... -june-2018 19:20 in
By Tico987
Does anyone know how Dave came upon this gig? Since he left Radio 1, he worked with Cancer Research and set up that production company. Joining a radio station that presumably targets teens just seems really left field.
By welshblob
fish heads wrote:
Trigger wrote:I would've put tennis balls down my pants and walked into the room when I signed the contract to do that show if I was Dave.

Just sit there and demand a sky-high salary, must be great when you have the upper hand, like, say...Robbie Williams doing a Butlins gig...it aint gonna come cheap.

With all due respect to Dave, he's been off the radio for over half a decade and I don't think the reason he's been missing is that he's been waiting for a mega bucks offer. It's highly likely he'll be the lowest paid out of the three presenters.

I'd be very surprised by that. Gethin will be definitely on less than Dave, Gemma maybe different as she has raised her profile with SCD and was the only one to be brought over from the old show. But still Dave would have to have a reasonable wad of cash to get out of bed for 6 every morning, in Manchester, and have to endure chart music and two enthusiastic kids.
By fish heads
welshblob wrote:
fish heads wrote:With all due respect to Dave, he's been off the radio for over half a decade and I don't think the reason he's been missing is that he's been waiting for a mega bucks offer. It's highly likely he'll be the lowest paid out of the three presenters.

I'd be very surprised by that. Gethin will be definitely on less than Dave, Gemma maybe different as she has raised her profile with SCD and was the only one to be brought over from the old show. But still Dave would have to have a reasonable wad of cash to get out of bed for 6 every morning, in Manchester, and have to endure chart music and two enthusiastic kids.

Not sure why exactly anyone would come to the conclusion Dave is some kind of A-list figure who would demand vast sums of money to appear on the radio. He is recognisable to people who used to listen to Chris Moyles, and that's about it. Those same die hard people who loved listening to Chris Moyles, will now be listening to Chris Moyles, so him alone isn't a star draw - otherwise it would be called the Comedy Dave Breakfast Show, rather than Dave being third billed in pretty much all the promo material - he's blink and you'll miss him in the video ads running in Manchester City Center at the moment.

Gethin is more recognisable (not saying A-list) as he's been on tv doing bits and bats for nearly 15 years. Dave has done nothing in the public eye for 6 years. The young mum market The Hits is going for is more likely to give the show a go as it's that nice bloke who fills in on the Strictly Spin Off or reports on The One Show/This Morning/Whatever. That's how a lot of commercial radio works, regardless of how talented/experienced these celebs are or aren't in doing radio

Don't get me wrong, Dave is a good get for Hits especially when attempting to retaining an audience, but I don't think radio stations have been bashing his door down since he left Radio 1. I'm sure he wants a good wad of cash to get up in Manchester every morning, but then I'm sure the other two presenters do as well...! (Gethin is not from Manchester either as far as I'm aware).
By clublander
Well he's broadcasting from One Golden Square in London most days so the Manchester thing isn't that important.....

But it does make you question why on earth Bauer thought this was a good idea.
By Fledge
I do enjoy listening to Dave - his style is brilliant, but it does make me miss the old show so much.

I totally understand and respect that he and Chris have their differences, which is none of our business, but I hope one day we'll hear them broadcasting together again, as it made genuinely brilliant radio.
By G-Sizzle
Fledge wrote:I do enjoy listening to Dave - his style is brilliant, but it does make me miss the old show so much.

I totally understand and respect that he and Chris have their differences, which is none of our business, but I hope one day we'll hear them broadcasting together again, as it made genuinely brilliant radio.

Dont hold your breath on that, I don’t think we ever will be hearing that anytime soon.
By Nicola_Red
I don't think it would ever be the same. Even if by some miracle they were to bury the hatchet and Dave joined X or something, the chemistry just wouldn't be there anymore, it's been too long. I think it would be awkward and stilted. I still think the X show could have benefitted from writing like Dave's for features and such, but I've become accustomed to the fact that it's not that kind of show.
Trigger wrote:I've missed the bloke! Can't believe I watched that for nearly an hour.

He really is very down to earth, an absolute tonic to just watch them shootin the breeze and suchnot.

The reason why he really WAS conversation for the whole nation. :)

Was that the Everton video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both!!