The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
As a few people have mentioned, the mediocrity and average entertainment value is what is killing the show for me. There's too much that just isn't funny, and not only that but its tedious to listen to and makes me think "they're doing this again??". A perfect example are those stupid fake phone calls - they aren't even slightly funny, they happen too often and they go on too long. I've pretty much given up listening to the live shows and only listen to the podcast now as I thought that at least I'd be getting the best parts of the show, but it still amazes me how much stuff is on there that just isn't funny at all. They make a point of saying there's exclusive content on the podcast, which is great in theory but if its just going to be a fake phone call or something stupid and unfunny each week just for the sake of having something 'exclusive' then I'd prefer they didn't bother and just cut straight to the best bits. Also the podcasts seem to be getting longer, with most around 75 - 90mins long, and while there have been a few glimpses of brilliance in the podcasts, there's too much stuff that could and should be removed - I'd rather listen to a 30min podcast thats great than a 90min podcast thats 30mins good and 60mins boring / not funny. As I've mentioned on a post before, I really think they need to do some research in to what their audience thinks is funny - if they can fix that and make it constantly entertaining then everything else will work itself out.

For the first time in ages, I actually did listen to a bit of the live show a few days ago just to see what it was like, and Dom being away was a big thing for me - him & Pippa are the 2 other main voices in the show (aside from Chris obviously) and not having him there left a big gap in an already average show. It surprises me that they don't co-ordinate their holidays as having people missing from the show isn't good and doesn't help the show in any way. In the past there have been quite a few instances of this where team members have been away while the rest are on air, and then when Chris has been on holiday they've mentioned that the rest of the team are just in the office that week, which seems stupid to me. In terms of my other thoughts on the show I listened to the other day, audio producer Matt is good and improving, although at the moment I don't think he's as strong a team member as Dave Masterman was, and new producer James just doesn't seem to have any on air presence - he occasionally offered up a few words here and there but it really didn't add anything to the show sadly. Maybe he just needs some time to get settled & used to it?

I really hope the show improves - I really want it to and I find it really sad that I don't enjoy it after being a Moyles fan for many, many years. I hope things change over the next 6months - 1 year as if they don't I can't see him signing a new contract. He does seem to suggest he's in it for the long haul but if the show isn't really that successful then what reason does he have to stay?
I don't think Chris will quit. Not least because he's got to pay off Les Dennis' house still.
I agree about the repetition, but anything that really annoys me, like the endless competition plugs, I just fast forward through. Overall, I still enjoy the show.

I blame Global for killing off the Toby Anstis skits, loved those, and Pippa for killing off the banter around her hilarious love life. Put it all on the radio!
neilt0 wrote:I don't think Chris will quit. Not least because he's got to pay off Les Dennis' house still.
I agree about the repetition, but anything that really annoys me, like the endless competition plugs, I just fast forward through. Overall, I still enjoy the show.

I blame Global for killing off the Toby Anstis skits, loved those, and Pippa for killing off the banter around her hilarious love life. Put it all on the radio!

I know, I miss the old Anstis skits too.
Bit of a random one, but does anyone know what the 'dance' music is that Chris often uses on the show? For reference, he used it a bit this morning when talking about the Global RAJAR meeting and announcing Ashley Tabor onto the stage. He uses the music quite frequently and I'm interested in what it is. Thanks
Two very confident men have met for the first time. These are the alpha males I grew up wishing I could be.

Moyles and Liam Gallagher are the closest thing to an Oasis reunion. Same era, same Marmite appeal.

I shall be liste...err watching.
Last edited by Trigger on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
VMPhil wrote:I still think Chris is a master at radio, but unfortunately I just can't get into this show. Hopefully one day he'll be doing something that appeals to me more.

I bob in and out. He came across really well in his FB live this time and that's the side I like best. Light entertainment is rubbish these days anyway, didn't mind CMQN but he needs a setting where he comes across naturally (FB Live).
Harry Briggs wrote:Enjoying Chris more since his holiday.

Yes I agree with this - before his holiday I had given up on the live show and was just listening to the podcast, but when Chris came back from holiday I decided to give the live show another go, and I have enjoyed the parts I've listened to much more than before.

Personally I think it's because Chris has had a break and therefore there's lots of new stuff for him to talk about, whereas when he's back there's 5 live shows plus the Saturday show plus the bonus podcast content to fill, and it feels like they just run out of content after a while which is when things become boring and repetitive. I really think they should stop doing the Saturday show and reduce the podcast intros / outros down a bit and just focus on making the 5 live shows the best they can be, and with less content to fill that would be easier.
Yes agree entirelly, I think having an extra voice in the studio is also great. Chris, Dom, Pippa, James and Matt makes 5. I think I'm right in saying Matt doesn't start work until 7am therefore id like Toby to stay on with Chris everyday until the news at 7 like he does from time to time. Their chats are always funny and would make 5 people always in the studio. Extra voice = less forced filled air time with repeting content