The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By jdog55
If Moyles does do another 1 off show for Radio 1's 50th anniversary then I hope him and Dave can put aside any issues to get the team back on as well. Really annoys me that Dave has more or less been erased from memory when you consider he was much he was part of the show.
By hdsport82
bmstinton93 wrote:Oh only a segment? I thought the BBC article mentioned playing out archive shows. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40428295

I bet they'll just play the extended cheesy song off his first show.

It's meant to be 50 x 1 hour shows so I wouldn't expect much more than a 'Hi I'm Chris Moyles, the saviour...and this is some of my show from...' etc and maybe a few bits in the documentaries.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/06/radio-1 ... niversary/
Last edited by hdsport82 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdog55 wrote:If Moyles does do another 1 off show for Radio 1's 50th anniversary then I hope him and Dave can put aside any issues to get the team back on as well. Really annoys me that Dave has more or less been erased from memory when you consider he was much he was part of the show.

Not gonna happen. Get over it. Move on.
At the end of this month (30th July, I think), it will be 20 years since his first show on BBC Radio 1.

I doubt he will mention that on air or on Twitter. In fact, he probably doesn't even know or care. I know he doesn't like to look back on the past.
By thiscrs
jdog55 wrote:If Moyles does do another 1 off show for Radio 1's 50th anniversary then I hope him and Dave can put aside any issues to get the team back on as well. Really annoys me that Dave has more or less been erased from memory when you consider he was much he was part of the show.

Dave did get a mention on this morning's show when they were playing the Before or After game. Chris mentioned him when he was trying to remember the year of a song and said it was when him and Dave were doing the show on UK Play (or something along those lines). But it was no more than any other mention that Dave's had over the last year and a bit.
By bmstinton93
I've just seen the lineup has been released for the radio one pop up station for their birthday. Looks like Chris Moyles only gets an hour. Sounds like he may have recorded new material for it though.

IMG_20170831_211027.jpg
By Sidders
I've missed all this (probably due to my ears considering Radio 1 to be poison these days). Are these all original shows or are they archive material?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
By Harry Briggs
Yes every show will be on iPlayer 30 days after and I think it is just a small 5 min or so introduction to the compilation of highlights. Not anything major. On the website the shows information for Chris says : 'A compilation of archive material from Chris Moyles's years at Radio 1'

Including this and his Saturday show, when was the last Chris was on the radio 13 days in a row?! ;)
By Sidders
Chris wrote:Unlikely to get much new material from the ones on the list who are dead.

Obviously that did occur to me. I meant the one still alive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
By bmstinton93
Yeah as far as I'm aware it will just be small new material introducing archive clips. There was a picture on twitter a few weeks ago of Fearne, Jo and Clara all in the live lounge. Presumably they were recording material for this.
By wireman2004
Twitter and Instagram. there is a video by Chris from not long ago. he is back in the BBC with Aled.
So it looks like chris is live. (on tape)
By fatboydave73
On the bbc website this morning there are the 50 facts about R1; in the middle there is a clip of the first CMS jingle.

Chris is talking about it with Aled and I think Rachel, and also by the sounds of it Dave.

Either clever editing or they managed to get together one last time.....
By Harry Briggs
I’ve just listened to this clip. I’m afraid it’s just a clip of the last show on breakfast in 2012 when they listened to it back!
By Nicola_Red
I've really enjoyed the R1 birthday celebrations, particularly hearing the old jingles. I listened to the Grimmy/Tony Blackburn show this morning and I'll probably listen to some more of the vintage station over the weekend, although I doubt I'll be awake at 8am tomorrow to hear Chris' hour live! (ALthough live is a bit of a misnomer in this case.)

I also heard Chris talking on air on Thu/Fri about his visit back to R1, it was good that he was largely positive about it, although I did observe the stony silence when Pippa mentioned that he would see Scott. Chris Stark dared to mention Moyles on air the other day and Scott was equally frosty about him, so there's clearly some DJ beef there, and it's on both sides - I wonder what started that. I could understand Chris potentially being bitter that Scott was kept at R1 despite them being the same age, although Chris is clearly being paid a ton more these days, and getting much more on-air freedom (as well as all the holidays he wants). I have no idea what Scott would have to be bitter about, he's still doing really well at R1. I'm a fan of them both, so I hate hearing this weird nastiness.
By hdsport82
Nicola_Red wrote:I have no idea what Scott would have to be bitter about, he's still doing really well at R1. I'm a fan of them both, so I hate hearing this weird nastiness.

All I can think of (baring some off the air thing) is that perhaps because Chris did so long on breakfast he feels denied/cheated out of the opportunity to do so. I'd assume that was an ambition/dream for Scott every bit as much as it was for Chris, both starting as teenagers coming up through local radio etc.
By Trigger
A bit of stupidity amnesty for you...

I never realised it was 'Until they fire his ass'

I always thought it was 'Until his time is out'

You've heard of predictive text well this was predictive hearing!

Happy Birthday R1 but to be honest it was always about Chris. The uncool kid who made it good. He said himself - 'We want the working class kid to do well'. The genius of that first jingle is that he allowed us to share in his dream, like when someone scores a goal, you just cheer for them. Up until (and indeed after) that point it was all about being cool and all about the music.
By Evs
Maybe Scott is with Chappers on the Dave Vitty side of that particular feud.

Dave talks far more about Scott than he does about Chris on Twitter so it may be as simple as some tribal loyalties like that.

Thank you both!!