The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Badger Mark wrote:OK - the "Boring Boris" call-in segment was hilarious! I sure hope they get their hands on the video tapes that were mentioned.

just listening to that actually

very funny!

as listening in delay a bit this week as got hooked into the 2010 Sports Relief shows as I have been listening to the BBC series in order for a while now!
Randomisation20 wrote:Ohh by the way .....

Was there any resolution provided on air for the Radio X Christmas drinks fund? I was sort of thinking they may have done something a bit clever in regard to that rather than spending on their staff do

If they did I may have missed it :)

I didn't hear anything mentioned. It's a massive cop out if they just spent it on actual beer and didn't turn it into a bit for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ritchie wrote:The dom date thing is ass.

Had to turn over. The show feels so narrow with the played to death indi crap and dad rock.

Harrrumph.

Good job there are edited versions of the show for people like yourself who don't like the music then.
I just want more drama. Even if it means coming on here and slagging us all off again. I miss curry rants or any rants, they're a work of art.

I guess that's the nature of the commercial sector. I listened one morning and I counted about 5 McDonalds whistles, I mean what if some woman from the Guardian got all upset about being wolf whistled by mistake?

Main thing is though, over in shiny commercial land they'd all rather have a bowl of Co Co Pops. Whereas I like a slice of gritty reality in the mornings. I like it when he talks about things going on in the world, the Trump stuff was great. Failing that there's always more toilet sound effects for the meantime. *flush*

I will now go and watch that promo he did for the breakfast show on radio 1 where he was doing the bins...And what with manicures and the like he's come a very long way since then. #Lad
I agree the real chris is good but more measured as well is also good his interview is still good when he has someone he really cares but but radio x does restrict his flow a lot I think and there's no doubt the resources of the bbc kept the Show fresh no disrespect to Pippa and Dave who do good with the resources they have
It's all well and good saying listen to the edits, but that's part of my issue - i want breakfast radio in the morning... That very morning, i want to be included in the live experience - i want to feel part of something a lot bigger than what it currently feels like.

Just feels a bit cheap, and the music makes me feel stuck in a timewarp. Fingers crossed he somehow makes in back to radio 2, but that feels miles away atm.
ritchie wrote:It's all well and good saying listen to the edits, but that's part of my issue - i want breakfast radio in the morning... That very morning, i want to be included in the live experience - i want to feel part of something a lot bigger than what it currently feels like.

Just feels a bit cheap, and the music makes me feel stuck in a timewarp. Fingers crossed he somehow makes in back to radio 2, but that feels miles away atm.

I'm 34. My dad tunes in to Radio 2. The type of music they play is not that distant from what X play. A bit more modern pop I admit though.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]