The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Tunster wrote:Looks like Radio X have caved in and decided to front Vaughan into the breakfast slot whilst Moyles is on holiday even though Vernon will still be doing mid-morning.

No Moyles branding during cover? Probably not. Can see why they're doing a special podcast subscriber podcast for the week break.

What do mean by Caved in?
Do you mean the Moyles Production Team asking for cover or that the Moyles Prod Team have not been allowed make individual arrangements?
Randomisation20 wrote:
Tunster wrote:Looks like Radio X have caved in and decided to front Vaughan into the breakfast slot whilst Moyles is on holiday even though Vernon will still be doing mid-morning.

No Moyles branding during cover? Probably not. Can see why they're doing a special podcast subscriber podcast for the week break.

What do mean by Caved in?
Do you mean the Moyles Production Team asking for cover or that the Moyles Prod Team have not been allowed make individual arrangements?

History says when CM is away, they use CM Show imaging shoehorned with the cover presenter (happened with Vernon). Guess that was a CM request to continue the show branding. I think I meant CM Team have had to cave in if Vaughan doesn't adopt the CM show imaging etc.

It's all a guess, but the special podcast they're doing for next week is the bridge content for the CM Show brand until they get back. Not great TBH.
Chris' defence this morning of Vaughan covering the show was...interesting. He sounds like he's trying to convince us that there's no beef, but isn't so convinced himself. Who knows though! I won't be listening - regardless of any past or present rivalry, Vaughan's whole voice and persona just irritates me on some deep level. Back to Grimmy for me.
Nicola_Red wrote:Chris' defence this morning of Vaughan covering the show was...interesting. He sounds like he's trying to convince us that there's no beef, but isn't so convinced himself. Who knows though! I won't be listening - regardless of any past or present rivalry, Vaughan's whole voice and persona just irritates me on some deep level. Back to Grimmy for me.

I will continue listening in order - got to 18th November 2009!
Fun story, I ended up in a pub in Liverpool with Johnny and Gav after their OB they did.

Gav said that the only reason their was beef between them was because of the network rivalry at the time, and that they are completely fine now, and both really want Chris to succeed because if breakfast does well chances are the rest of the station can too.
I think Vaughn is fantastic personally. About time he was given the chance to do Breakfast again.
I have a feeling people only dislike him because Moyles told them to and hasn't really given his show a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayE wrote:JV has grown on me a lot. Didn't like him the begin with because he sounded like an old "Geeza" trying to sound younger. Once you get past that he's a decent listen.

Exactly this. The more you listen, the more you realise that thats just part of his shtick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vaughn is awesome - before Moyles I woke up to him on the big breakfast; great presenter connects well with the audience and in my opinion, the perfect replacement for CM.

How anyone could revert to the midless drivel of Grimmy over JV is beyond me.
ritchie wrote:Vaughn is awesome.

Right ok let me just tell you to back up your Vaughny horse for one moment.

On a good day Vaughn would be worthy of BRONZE - if he was lucky. And I agree about Grimmo - He wouldn't even make it to the podium.

I only listen to GOLD hence my membership of this site, everything else is to listen to when washing up and trying to decipher the * bilge. (If I was from the south I am sure I would enjoy him far more)
I could have done without quite so much Trump chat yesterday but I have to say the Elephant towel thing was quite funny, it reminded me of Comedy Dave's crap games (as it was crap but funny). I had a quick look at the video and I like Dave's camp side too
Randomisation20 wrote:The cooker monster was famously traditionally voiced by Frank Oz I assume he wasn't in the studio? Haven't listened to that show yet ended up listening to yesterday's first wierdly

Nah, it's mostly been a bloke called David Rudman since the early 2000s. If you're a Sesame St expert (which I am) you can tell the difference in their voices, but it's subtle.

Cookie was also on Greg James on R1 that afternoon and I'll be honest, I enjoyed that interview more. He got a kid on the phone live and it was kinda cute, warmed my old dead heart a little.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]